The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If you watch the embeddeds you can really see that nicco is doing her best with what she has

I’m not saying she isn’t professional but there’s levels to it, it’s like she’s trying to do the cut and nutrition on her own. It looked amateur at best

MMA is such a mess.

Following the year+ in which Connor fought Aldo, Nate 2X, and Eddie. Ronda fought twice. Bork made an appearance. DC/Rumble. DC/Gustafson. Stipe getting crowned.

You’d think Bellator and UFC would capitalize especially with Boxing making a resurgence and the Mayweather/McGregor Fight.

Vince. They literally could parlay via promotion and high profile match making a bounce back from the last year.

You have the return of Brock, Nate and Nick Diaz and Connor. You also have a woman super fight. All you have to do is PROMOTE them.

If Tyrone wins, the Colby fight can be promoted heavy. Tyrone is probably the second best WW of all time. Colby a brash up and comer. Almost Trump like.

Then you have the return of the Spider, JBJ, GSP. Even Baby J.

Seriously. They need a new promoter.
Yeah mma is a mess but ufc has espn and that security. They can be lazy

Bellator is doing the best they can and are making interesting fights. I just don’t think anyone’s gonna care about them even as much as they did for strike force. Strike force had better names at the time

UFC gotta pony up and get these fighters all proper nutritionist. No way Nico should be doing it alone but co-headlining a PPV event. The few grand they would have to shell out per fighter would pale in comparison to the money they would see by protecting their cards/fighters.

Whole company is ran like a backyard wrestling organization

These are pro athletes, UFC doesn’t need to get them anything if they’re paying them based on the contract (contracts may be inadequate). Teams have that obligation in my opinion considering they get paid a percentage they ought to have a staff nutritionist.

Thing is, UFC clearly does help with nutrition where necessary. Nicco clearly chose to do her own thing and we see how that worked out. Somebody on reddit said you can see she used EBT when buying her “snacks” for the weight cut. Maybe pride prevented her from reaching out to the UFC? Or she’s just completely ignorant because she has less than 10 fights and women’s mma is trash.

These are pro athletes, UFC doesn’t need to get them anything if they’re paying them based on the contract (contracts may be inadequate). Teams have that obligation in my opinion considering they get paid a percentage they ought to have a staff nutritionist.

Thing is, UFC clearly does help with nutrition where necessary. Nicco clearly chose to do her own thing and we see how that worked out. Somebody on reddit said you can see she used EBT when buying her “snacks” for the weight cut. Maybe pride prevented her from reaching out to the UFC? Or she’s just completely ignorant because she has less than 10 fights and women’s mma is trash.
How did she qualify? She made 100k from winning TUF last year. Maybe this year she's made next to nothing.

How did she qualify? She made 100k from winning TUF last year. Maybe this year she's made next to nothing.

Could be some regular reddit BS? Maybe what was EBT eligible?

Or it’s still a multi fight contract for $100k? She also has had zero income this year.

Could be some regular reddit BS? Maybe what was EBT eligible?

Or it’s still a multi fight contract for $100k? She also has had zero income this year.
I watched the Embedded episode and did not notice until it was brought to my attention.
Dmdn9SOU8AAPKZc

There is no way she would've qualified for food stamps last year making 100k as long as it was all paid out in that calendar year. She probably made next to nothing this year because she did not fight.

How do you win the Ultimate Fighter and you’re on EBT. Not a jobber, but the winner of TUF |l. That’s wild if true

She made 100k but how much of that did she pocket? I'm sure she had to pay her camp, etc. And it's obvious that the UFC has underpaid athletes for years.

you right they obviously don't HAVE to do anything, but really seems like poor business to continue to lose fights last minute

She made 100k but how much of that did she pocket? I'm sure she had to pay her camp, etc. And it's obvious that the UFC has underpaid athletes for years.

you right they obviously don't HAVE to do anything, but really seems like poor business to continue to lose fights last minute
If she netted half of the 100k, she still wouldn't have qualified for food stamps last year. She lives in New Mexico.

i could be totally wrong on this, but I thought that the TUF winners won a 100K contract, not a 100K check. Meaning they would sign like a contract (example: 5 fight deal worth 100K). And they would need to fight in order to get that money? That's how i always understood these TUF contracts as.

Great catch on the Ebt

Either way I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to strip her

Crowning a champ off that show was bs anyway

Does she deserve to be champ? Probably not with the other non TUF competitors in the division.

But I wouldn’t strip her. Then again, Ariel was reporting they were frustrated with her.

100K is what you make if you win out all the fights on your contract. They don't give you a check for all of it tha night.
i thought the same thing. so since she hasn't been fighting, i could see how she would be eligible for EBT benefits.

I think that might be the deal you get after winning the tournament.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/new-champ...th-pocket-six-figure-paydays-at-tuf-26-finale

Montano, who earned her shot at the inaugural 125-pound women’s title by winning “The Ultimate Fighter” season 26 tournament, took home $150,000 for her performance with a unanimous decision victory against Modafferi.

Montano earned $100,000 in salary, plus an additional $50,000 for her part in the Fight of the Night.

i could be totally wrong on this, but I thought that the TUF winners won a 100K contract, not a 100K check. Meaning they would sign like a contract (example: 5 fight deal worth 100K). And they would need to fight in order to get that money? That's how i always understood these TUF contracts as.
That was my understanding also. Forgot what former TUF winner it was but he said something to the likes of the winners getting screwed with their 5 fight contract and some of the top guys that didn't win having chances to get new deals if they did well a fight or two after TUF ended.

I think that might be the deal you get after winning the tournament.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/new-champ...th-pocket-six-figure-paydays-at-tuf-26-finale

Montano, who earned her shot at the inaugural 125-pound women’s title by winning “The Ultimate Fighter” season 26 tournament, took home $150,000 for her performance with a unanimous decision victory against Modafferi.

Montano earned $100,000 in salary, plus an additional $50,000 for her part in the Fight of the Night.

Yeah that’s what I’m saying, you’re almost better off losing the tournament and making a name for yourself after than being stuck in that contract

Yeah that’s what I’m saying, you’re almost better off losing the tournament and making a name for yourself after than being stuck in that contract
I'm still confused...I thought they get a purse for fighting in the finale!? At least that's how I interpret it.

I'm still confused...I thought they get a purse for fighting in the finale!? At least that's how I interpret it.

Ah ok I’m rereading, looks like they’re saying she got paid 150k the night of. I was always under the impression that they got some basic salary for the finale fight and then the 100k prize was paid out over the course of X amount of fights afterwards. Maybe they changed it. That old article I posted showed that the 300k prize (what they were paying at the time) actually got paid out over the course of 9 fights, so 33k per fight. And it’s not guaranteed, so you can get cut if you start losing.

But if she got 150k that night then that’s actually not that bad. Maybe she qualified for EBT because she hasn’t had a fight since last year, so her 2018 earnings are $0.

Back
Top Bottom