The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I don’t even know why Frankie is fighting cub again except for him fighting in jersey like someone just posted. He dominated cub in their first fight.

I don’t even know why Frankie is fighting cub again except for him fighting in jersey like someone just posted. He dominated cub in their first fight.

I understand WHY he took the fight, I just wish it was a few months from now.

Frankie is still 1 win away from being right back in contention.

Max is the champ. Just lost to Ortega. Lost twice to Aldo. This left Cub being the only viable option to still look like w contender.

Yeah. Swanson/Edgar 2 made no sense besides filling a crucial spot on the NJ card.

Dude should take some time out between his last loss. He’s beaten Stevens, Mendes, Swanson. Other than Ortega and Aldo rematches, he’s in a weird position.

Cool that Mendes will be coming back to the division. 145 is starting to bubble a bit.

Bout time they made that HW grudge match. Lewis better not throw the injured card up again.

If Frankie wins tomorrow and then Holloway beats Ortega if they end up fighting this summer I wonder who next shot goes to. If Jeremy Stephens finishes Aldo in July I could see them skipping over Edgar and giving it to him.

Jackson likely had better hands than CM Punk. He was trash against Gall, but CM Punk is more green than Jackson when it comes to actual fights.

Jackson fought a boxing fight on a card at Onnit here in Austin a year or two ago and actually boxed very well. I didn’t know who he was back then because it was before the UFC brought him in to lose to Gall, but I do remember him.

dana doesn't give a **** if cm gets embarrased. he's starving for ticket sales and ppv buys. he's cashing out on him with this fight. if there was a miracle (or the fix is it in) and he pulls out a W, you can pimp him out for one more fight
after his first loss, dana was so hesitant in saying he would give him another shot and that he should pursue fighting at a lower level

lee talking all that **** and failed to make weight :lol:
in my opinion, any fighter should forfeit way more than 20 pct if he cant make weight and his opponent is still taking on the fight. also, ufc should have rule in place where fighters should just be forced to move up if they miss weight a couple times

I just peeped tonight's card.

Didn't known Frankie Edgar was fighting ...

Seems like he was KO last month or so .....

SMH

is He ready for prime time? I know he had a few fights but UFC is a huge jump. What does he fight at MW, LHW?
I can see them setting him up with a can who barely has any fights and should he get a KO theyll try to hype him and maybe even give him a deal. Not saying it happens but given them signing CM Punk I wouldn't put it past them. Plus Punk didn't even need to fight in Contender series or elsewhere.

If there was any truth to that article saying TUF is being phased out look for them to setup prospects on the Contender series this way.

OMG I don’t know how this kid survived that choke for 40 seconds. I’ve never seen someone turn so blue! Heart of a lion!

BS TKO. Why’d the ref let him get choked out for that long? The bell rang that should’ve went to the scorecards

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom