The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Some guys seem to thrive being at home and being the big dog with the 'small camp' formula.

Hollaway, Stipe... Whittaker being the prime example and coming from that same part of the world.

End of the day if you have the talent/potential and you work hard you can bring in the right pieces.

At every super gym like AKA & ATT there's 50 guys on the prelims or smaller promotions who despite being surrounded by killers will never make it to the elite ranks.
Yea I know what you're saying but I grew up in NZ. In the same city where he trains and I know exactly the gym he goes to. There's 4 million people in the whole country. The speed he would learn and develop would be so much quicker if he had easier access to top talent.

Someone talented like him can thrive without the best comp, but it's all about optimizing and being efficient, which I really don't think is possible being there in MMA. If he was trying to make it in rugby that's a different stroy.

New TUF season premieres tonight
Watched it last night. That first fight was over quick! Guy who won seemed to have decent striking. I'm sure lots of the guys have only fought local bums so I'd take their undefeated record with a grain of salt. Should be an interesting season though. I can definitely see DC getting under Stipes skin. Stipe definitely doesn't seem like the coach type

In other news I saw DC took a head coaching job for wrestling at a local Santa Clara HS. Good to see him helping the youth. I'd say if he manages to beat Stipe he defends once and then retires.

D.C. Legit seems like a good person and I lowkey hope he beats stipe. Stipe is cool too, rather see D.C. Handle his unfinished business at HW

Conor gonna prove him wrong about khabib tho

Considering the state of lhw Gus will need to take at least one more fight before a shot. A matchup with Volkan would make sense or maybe he actually does move up to hw.

volkov/ngannou rumored for the russia card.. volkov creeping up on a TS and they wanna throw him ngannou? :rolleyes

they are just recycling guys to be contenders :lol:
if rumble ever wanted to come back, i would not surprised if he was given a title shot despite taking a loss in his last fight

The state of LHW. Smh.

It was popping 4-5 years ago. JBJ issues, Randy retiring, Chuck retiring, Machida going down to MW, Rashads litany of issues, Page getting washed, Bellator signing two of the most boring wrestlers/contenders, Johnson retiring made that division a mess.

Vulcan, Rockhold moving up are good moves. But their two heaviest divisions are in major need of new talent.

That dude can come across as a clown. But he definitely seems to have a lot of clout. I don’t see GSP entertaining it. Besides the historical significance of obtaining another championship in another division, there’s no other reason to move down to LW. That fight promises to be a snooze fest like GSP/Shields.

Bisping was a great foil and alluring enough of a proposition for George to move up in weight.

Kevin Lee out here jawin' the most and missing weight.

Fight Night cards have been stronger on paper than the PPVs. That can't be helping them any.

Lmaooooo lee is a bozo saying Dustin and gaejthe didn't feel like a "championship fight"

Dude that's fine, but your "title fight" with tony was a farce so he's probably not one to talk

He's so boring as a fighter to boot, just above colvington

Clown misses Wright lmaoooo

SMH at Lee, this guy talks all this trash and then misses weight.. It will be tough for Barboza to stop his takedowns but I'd love to see him catch Lee shooting in with a knee.

unless frankie is getting paid a nice hefty bag for this and/or he is looking to retire soon and trying to just get as much fights in before his time is up, dont think it is a smart move

Wait what? Frankie just got KOed a little over a month ago. I didn't even know dude was fighting. Are medical suspensions not a thing anymore

Back
Top Bottom