The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

1 month is a lot of time for something to go wrong :smh:

hopefully khabib and tony finally meet inside :frown:

joanna's my girl, but i'm not a fan of these rematches where no improvement is shown

I don't think they should have done an immediate rematch and Rose outclassed her that entire round so I hope she does it again.

I like that Iaquinta/Felder fight too.

No one said anything about "chop liver" but yes, fighting a lethal BJJ player that you don't want to be on the mat with is much different than fighting someone who isn't as well versed on the ground.

I don't see how that's "arguable".

Beyond that, you're right, "arguing" about imaginary outcomes of imaginary fights that aren't going to happen is a waste of time. Not sure why it was even brought up.
I see what you are trying to say ...

FE didn't take Ortega to the mat because he's more rounded than Connor. He would of have take Connor to the ground and pounded him to submission.

Wasn't paying attention to what you was trying to convey.

Either way .... FE needs to pack it up.

Frankie Edgar
tumblr_mqxk7qiG5A1qc1jg4o1_400.gif

giphy.gif

full

Not even going to waste my time watching the card. But it sets up Nunes/Cyborg and Holloway/Ortega.

Ortega broke Edgar’s streak of only losing to champs.

These posts about Frankie needing to retire and being washed are dumb. This was the first time he’s ever been finished. He’s still one of the best in the division and was supposed to fight for the belt but he lost to ortega who looks like he’ll be champion soon.

Real ones know what it is.....

From what I read ... Connor was saying that should of have been him ending Frankie with a KO and career. So shade

Also read that he wanted to fight Edgar when Holloway stepped down. Not sure how much is true ... lucky for Connor, they didn't grant that fight.

He was basically saying he deserved to get his *** beat and paid hella money by fighting me. So it's mystic macs way of praising :lol:

Read what?
Nothing nevermind ...

I interpreted "Frankie's career deserved for that to be against me tonight." Coming from Connor just as such.

Instead of Ortega KO him, it should of have been him.

I don't think Connor would of have said otherwise ... someone should tell Connor to shut up as he's talking about a fight that should of happen 2 years ago and he's style is right for FE.

Last edited:
Frankie can go down to 135 so he can get washed by Cody and TJ. Better yet he can fight Cruz cause I hate them both.
As much **** as I'm giving Edgar I like him but I think you are right...

Again besides Penn, what other Elite dude had FE beaten?

As much **** as I'm giving Edgar I like him but I think you are right...

Again besides Penn, what other Elite dude had FE beaten?

I’d give him Gray Maynard and Chad Mendes as an elite wins.

Both were killers at the time of the victories.

And he was giving up a lot of weight to Maynard and came back from getting knocked silly earlier in the fight to stop him, one of the more impressive moments I’ve ever seen in MMA

Sherk may have been up there when they fought too. Only lost to BJ and GSP before that. Former LW Champ.

Yair? Cub?

Depends on how you perceive “elite”.

Similarly Conor’s big wins are against Aldo and Eddie. Is Eddie “elite”? Is Nate elite? He’s never won a belt.

Was Max elite when he fought Conor? He’d just lost to Dennis Bermudez and Poirier not long before that.

When you’re in title fights like those guys are, you’re always fighting the best of the best.

Nothing nevermind ...

I interpreted "Frankie's career deserved for that to be against me tonight." Coming from Connor just as such.

Instead of Ortega KO him, it should of have been him.

I don't think Connor would of have said otherwise ... someone should tell Connor to shut up as he's talking about a fight that should of happen 2 years ago and he's style is right for FE.

And that’s fine. I’m not saying your interpretation is wrong. I’m looking at the totality of the tweet.

The majority of the coverage on what Conor or Max said has been viewed as “praise”.

Back
Top Bottom