The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I still watch TUF and the seasons with bad blood are better if memory serves.

Frankie and BJ are my guys but I hated that season.

Though the TJ/Cody season tanked i believe.

But I’m guessing they wanted Colby for a reason.

I’ll watch. I like both guys. Hopefully they find a way to make it work.

With how the last card ended this is actually perfect. If they could do an all superfight card that would be pretty lit. Imagine they Tyron vs GSP or Tyron vs Conor too

so who u guys got. stipe or dc.

I want DC to win and retire. But Stipe deserves respect.

Besides the Struve fight (and the questionable judgement in the first JDS fight), he’s been on a roll. I’m more impressed by his run than D.C.’s UFC HW run. His LHW run has been legit besides the Jones’ losses.

DC going down as greatest cleaned fighter if he holds both titles. hell, he might already be

D.C. Only fought mir and Nelson in the UFC at hw

its no comparison

Now if dc never dropped down maybe we would have seen a completely different reality than today's

D.C. At hw in strikeforce was so damn impressive

Not a Dadbod fan. Hope Stipe washes him, or if he wins, Bones washes him thrice.

I'm just now reading that Dana finally gave iaquinta the money he wanted and a new 4 fight deal.. he was only on the second fight of his old contract too..

Whoa

Didn't see that coming good for crazy al

D.C. Only fought mir and Nelson in the UFC at hw

its no comparison

Now if dc never dropped down maybe we would have seen a completely different reality than today's

D.C. At hw in strikeforce was so damn impressive

I agree, which is why I stated his UFC HW run. Stipe is the GOAT.

Minus his JBJ losses, DC had a good UFC run.

Mir.
Nelson.
Hendo
Cummins
Rumble X2
Gus
Volkan
Silva (*Silva was coming off gall bladder surgery and clearly didn’t train in a bad matchup).

Not sure I agree with the Top 5 comment by Helwani.

Yeah, I just figured it was a bit unfair to compare Stipe's HW resume to DC's UFC HW resume. No matter, Stipe's HW resume is more impressive regardless

Also, I was just waiting to see Cain's reaction, look at this :nerd: Thought he was kidding but that hashtag seems serious lol

Cain Velasquez

✔@cainmma

Like always, I'm gonna be in the gym everyday to help my brother @dc_mma become the next heavyweight champ at #UFC226. Once he wins, things could get interesting. #AndNew #WeAreAKA #GonnaGetMyBeltBack

I'm hoping Jacare isn't washed but I am not holding my breath, the man is 38 and has been competing since 2003

Before losing to Whittaker he did beat Boetsch and Vitor but they were also up there in age. I think Jacare may have missed his window in that Romero split decision loss :/

Shelf life is fragile

I ****s with DC so would be good to see him win but damn, if Stipe loses, what does that do to both LHW and HW?

If dc retires they probably set up cain vs ngannu after ngannu beats whoever he's matched up against next

If dc sticks around man, if cain steps up and fights him that'd be amazing In every sense

Lhw in general is screwed not really any interesting prospects, probably just hoping bones can come back. One of the worst divisions right now

If dc retires they probably set up cain vs ngannu after ngannu beats whoever he's matched up against next

If dc sticks around man, if cain steps up and fights him that'd be amazing In every sense

Lhw in general is screwed not really any interesting prospects, probably just hoping bones can come back. One of the worst divisions right now

Ngannou just said he's taking a break.

Is there a timetable on Cain?

Ngannou just said he's taking a break.

Is there a timetable on Cain?
DC and Stipe aren't fighting until July. Ngannu can take a lengthy break and still be on pace to be available to fight say the winner of Lewis/Tybura

Say Ngannu defeats Lewis/Tybura in July/August and he's then available to fight either Stipe/DC/Cain whomever for the title at the end of 2018 or start if 2019

Totally forgot about Hunt/Blaydes

Ngannu can also fight the winner of that in the summer time

Volkov is also surging, he's flying under the radar. He's new blood so we'll see what Dana does with him

Lot of variables in there.

Not seeing anything online about an ETA for Cain. But judging from that tweet I'm guessing he's close.

Feels odd to have a title fight scheduled and no real idea of who the winner would fight.

What are the variables? Stipe/DC isn't happening for a while

Gives plenty of time for the division to shake itself out (injuries, fights, Cain) etc.

By June/July I'm sure they'll be a more clear contender, or simply have Ngannu fight someone around that time and have him fresh on everyone's mind if he gets another highlight KO

Back
Top Bottom