The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I just knew Dana didn't have it in him to strip Conor

Dude is making it so much more comical by skirting around the topic

"This fight will determine the champion. No we're not stripping Conor"

Breh

Would be nice if we at least got word that they’ve agreed to terms on his next fight and are targeting one of a couple of cards.

The only person thats said anything about Conor fighting this year is Kavanagh.

Totally forgot this weekends card was on Fox and not FS1. I'll DVR but outside of the main even the co-main isn't that great of a matchup on paper.

I wonder who was offered to Nate (Eddie had to have been on the short list) and what kind of bag Dana was trying to throw in. Hopefully something he was willing to accept.

Are the 3 biggest “draws” in MMA currently not fighting?

Conor
Jones
Nate

Maybe even Nick?

And possibly GSP?

Who am I missing that is active?

cormier vs miocic for the belt confirmed for ufc 226 in july :wow:

WOW.

This leads me to believe either Cain ain’t coming back or...

- DC wins
- Vacate and retire afterwards
- Leaves Stipe/Cain by end of year for vacant title

They must have thrown a bag at DC for him to accept that fight, really seemed like he had little interest in returning to HW after his recent interview with Ariel. Well they probably had to considering they will also be the coaches of TUF 27 leading up to the fight. 226 could potentially be a big card if they also get TJ/DJ and Cyborg/Nunes.

Fat Boy wins the Heavyweight Title followed by Jon Jones entering the cage fresh off of being cleared and challenges him to a 3rd bout!

Book It!

^no bull I can really see that happening.

Great opportunity for Cormier. As long as he doesn't get his head knocked off his wrestling might win him the fight. Plus he has nothing left at 205 but rematches and he's struggling to make weight every time out now. Makes perfect sense to go back to HW, and if he wins he really cements himself as one of the GOATs regardless of the Jon Jones ****, plus he can walk off into the sunset or go for that 3rd Jones fight at HW if he chooses. I really want to see dude pull it off

A great matchup for both guys that draws interest. Now DC won’t be drained with a difficult weight cut.

I think the tuf will actually be a decent watch too

D.C. And stipe are weirdly funny

It'll be cool to see aka guys on the show as well I'm sure they'll be some cameos

I saw Colby ranting about how they wanted him and Tyron to do TUF but Tyron wasn’t with it.

So the TUF angle with these two makes sense.

Curious to see if people watch because I don’t see their personalities leading to an exciting season.

Definitely won't reel in the casuals but I do think they're both funny guys, I'm going to give them a chance
Agreed on both fronts. As someone who still watches TUF (I seem to be in the minority these days) I think this could be an entertaining season and DC seems like he'll make a great coach to these young guys. I also could see Stipe being a good coach and role model to the young fighters.

Back
Top Bottom