The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Dana has already established that there is no "line".

Hendo wasn't at the front of any line in Bisping's last fight.

Hendo skipped the line, it was like his last retirement favor + had the backstory there

Everyone knows there's a line/logjam in that division

Again, nobody wants to see Woodley vs Bisping, so if they made that fight they should get rid of all titles

If you go by what Dana says, then Dana has designated Yoel as next and is even "taking care" of Yoel as he waits

Conor cuts, OK I guess I could see that

GSP cuts, OK I guess I could see that

Woodley cuts... nah.. just no

Last edited:

Hendo skipped the line, it was like his last retirement favor + had the backstory there

Everyone knows there's a line/logjam in that division

Again, nobody wants to see Woodley vs Bisping, so if they made that fight they should get rid of all titles

If you go by what Dana says, then Dana has designated Yoel as next and is even "taking care" of Yoel as he waits

Conor cuts, OK I guess I could see that
GSP cuts, OK I guess I could see that
Woodley cuts... nah.. just no

Conor, GSP, Hendo, whoever.

I'm not going to pick and choose who gets to do it and who doesn't. And pretend like one guy shouldn't be trying when it's all good for a few other dudes.

To be fair the other dudes have much better cases to cut ahead

To also be fair to Woodley, I am all for fighters making as much money as possible so I shouldn't criticize him for throwing it out there. Seeing how the 145 division got all messed up for a bit, I just take some issue with the thought of champs fighting outside their division. Would like the WW and MW divisions to be fairly contested being that they're both stacked

Conor has been fun to watch but even I have to admit there's definitely been some consequences

Last edited:
I didn't think Hendo had a better case per say.

But I think you get where I'm coming from. And vice versa.

Cody trying to rule 3 weight classes. Jesus man, this too much

"I can beat that dude for sure. I can go to ‘25. Obviously, it's TJ [Dillashaw] first and foremost. I'm solely focused on him, but you gotta think of other - Conor’s out. Conor’s not fighting. Aldo and Holloway are fighting, so that ties up [that division].

"Now, Demetrious, he's the pound-for-pound best - justifiably so, an incredible fighter, great human. I like him a lot. And his family. But for me, it's a legacy that I set out to build. Friendships are friendships but it's business at the end of the day and I think that I can go on as a huge fight, especially for that division. It's kind of lackluster a lot."

“I'd rather go down before I go up. Demetrious has a fight with Wilson Reis in the not-too-distant future. That's coming up, so he'll tie Anderson Silva's record. Then his next fight will be the all-time record. So he has all that. . . [I want to] make him earn it.

"I think that's something that I need to do. I'm young - 25 - so rather than cut when I'm older, try to go down, go now. The time is now for me with that fight. I really think that should be - after the TJ fight of course - if Dominick [Cruz], I think he's not coming. I'll wait and see if Dominick wants to come back. If not, I'm willing to go after Demetrious. That's the fight that's next in my mind after TJ. I always plan one ahead. I’m prepared for TJ but Demetrious is in the foreshadows.”

"That's something, Jose Aldo, I would like to fight him as well. He's the champion right now. He has wins over my teammates too, so that's something. Our camp knows Aldo. If my time is up to go up to ‘45, and Aldo's still the champion, I'd love to go against another legend, be a three-time [champion]. Hopefully, I’ll have 10 more years of fighting to be able to capture those.”

Last edited:
If you put Bisping in there with Woodley

Gonna end up like another Yair vs Penn

That's OD :lol:

He's an unlikely champ but he's still the champ and a bigger guy. Woodley could beat him but it's not an obvious slaughter.

Cody 'No *****' :pimp:

Last edited:
Love the confidence from Cody and can't wait for that fight with TJ. I'm guessing that will headline or co if they can get a big fight for 213 with the TUF finale the day before. 

In no shape or form can I see them giving Woodley a big fight considering how his last fight went and he's just doesn't have the star factor.

LOL at Rampage "bulking" (prob more fat) up for tomorrow night, he came in at 253 lbs to King Mo's 212 lbs!

I like Woodley for da culture but he knows nobody is lining up to see him. Which is sad considering he's an athletic freak.

Cody trying to rule 3 weight classes. Jesus man, this too much

"I can beat that dude for sure. I can go to ‘25. Obviously, it's TJ [Dillashaw] first and foremost. I'm solely focused on him, but you gotta think of other - Conor’s out. Conor’s not fighting. Aldo and Holloway are fighting, so that ties up [that division].

"Now, Demetrious, he's the pound-for-pound best - justifiably so, an incredible fighter, great human. I like him a lot. And his family. But for me, it's a legacy that I set out to build. Friendships are friendships but it's business at the end of the day and I think that I can go on as a huge fight, especially for that division. It's kind of lackluster a lot."

“I'd rather go down before I go up. Demetrious has a fight with Wilson Reis in the not-too-distant future. That's coming up, so he'll tie Anderson Silva's record. Then his next fight will be the all-time record. So he has all that. . . [I want to] make him earn it.

"I think that's something that I need to do. I'm young - 25 - so rather than cut when I'm older, try to go down, go now. The time is now for me with that fight. I really think that should be - after the TJ fight of course - if Dominick [Cruz], I think he's not coming. I'll wait and see if Dominick wants to come back. If not, I'm willing to go after Demetrious. That's the fight that's next in my mind after TJ. I always plan one ahead. I’m prepared for TJ but Demetrious is in the foreshadows.”

"That's something, Jose Aldo, I would like to fight him as well. He's the champion right now. He has wins over my teammates too, so that's something. Our camp knows Aldo. If my time is up to go up to ‘45, and Aldo's still the champion, I'd love to go against another legend, be a three-time [champion]. Hopefully, I’ll have 10 more years of fighting to be able to capture those.”
My man gotta go through TJ and Dominick Cruz again. Usually never pans out well for fighters who plan ahead. 

My man gotta go through TJ and Dominick Cruz again. Usually never pans out well for fighters who plan ahead

Was just getting ready to say this. Those are both really tough fights, I don't think his focus should be outside of BW for the time being. I hope he crowns TJ personally.

I think I'd be a little pissed if he beat DJ tho. LOL
Love his confidence tho.

What the hell? He stopped caring about fighting years ago.

Yea he's been washed for a while but just funny to see him weigh in at that. Figured he come in heavy with his recent comments but damn..

With lack of recent MMA I'll be dvring this and likely watch Sunday.

Cody's confidence is great for the UFC but he def needs to worry about keeping the title first. A win against TJ would make me a believer though. I wonder what his next fight would be, do they make Cruz take another fight or give him the rematch?

Are there any other contenders at BW right now? TJ already beat Raphael and it just gets murkier from there.

Sadly not really

The most intriguing 35er outside the top 3 already got demolished by Cody and that's Almeida

He'll need to build back up and he's started off on the right path

Looks like they're targeting saffeidine as rda's first opponent at welterweight

They're also still trying to make Korean zombie vs lamas

After King Mo beat Rampage just now, they announced King Mo vs Ryan Bader to headline the prelims for Bellator MSG.

Lol at Bader being on the prelims.... that just doesn't seem right.. one of your best signings and you put him on the prelims... lmao

Back
Top Bottom