The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

the fight promotes itself
they been creating buzz the last couple yrs
Well, yes of course it does. It's almost April now. That's only 2 and some change of months of promotion. If that happens I'd be shocked. They would benefit greatly with more time

Keep in mind Conor's baby is due in May so the promotional aspect from his side could even be more limited

Last edited:
I might shoot somebody if I had to deal with all the promo for this bs fight 6 months out, I hope it happens in June.

The fight sells itself, and the sooner it's over the sooner Floyd can officially retire and Conor can get back to MMA. As annoying as his fans are, the dude is talented and the sport could really use him right now.

Last edited:
If Conor gets this Floyd fight, win or lose with that pay day he'll secure who knows when Conor will ever return to MMA

I've already accepted the fact that we may not see him back for long time

The more and more I see this developing, the more serious it's getting the more I feel like he's put his eggs into one basket. Was in denial that the fight would happen this year but damn... idk looks like it really could

Last edited:

If Conor gets this Floyd fight, win or lose with that pay day he'll secure who knows when Conor will ever return to MMA

I've already accepted the fact that we may not see him back for long time

The more and more I see this developing, the more serious it's getting the more I feel like he's put his eggs into one basket. Was in denial that the fight would happen this year but damn... idk looks like it really could
If the fight happens.. I believe Conor will retire from fighting unless he gets a rematch with Floyd 
laugh.gif

Conor probably makes more than he's made in the UFC.. and Floyd gets another monster payday. Win/Win for both parties.

I was in denial the fight would happen.. thought it was some kind of joke tbh..kinda like when I heard Trump was running for President

The Trump thing sums it up perfectly

I would say Conor fights at least one more time in MMA, win or lose against Floyd. I think he'll want to make one more huge pay day in MMA. I just think it'll be more likely he'll be taking his time until he gets the terms he wants and Dana will bend because the money will still be coming in by the boatload 

Yeah that's definitely possible, depends on the paycheck I'd assume.

Even if Conor got like 50 mil though I don't know if he walks away from MMA, unless he gets absolutely embarrassed by Floyd. I think his MMA price rises as long as he has a respectable showing. And he supposedly got paid like 15 mil to fight Nate the second time so he could probably make some serious money coming back.

I don't see him bowing out right as he's reaching his maximum earning potential, especially if the UFC offers 20+ mil for a fight. He's still young with alot left and he'd be leaving alot of money on the table. But who knows.

conor going into early retirement after the floyd fight
the guy is a business first and has zero to gain getting back in the cage
he's talked about the dangers of the sport and getting his and getting out

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised either way. I just think one more big pay day would be too good to pass up. He also could return after another long lay off, do things on his terms

This is what I mean..He gains nothing coming back tbh :lol:

Get in, get rich and get out was his plan.

Last edited:
This Floyd fight not gon happen. Can't believe y'all really acting like it's happening

With the money that can be made on all sides you'd be crazy to think it's not possible.

I know he said all that get in get out **** but if someone waves 25 mil in your face for a 3 month training camp + a 25 minute fight, we'll see what happens then. He's young and just reaching his prime, for the right money and the right matchup, my money would be on him fighting again.

How exactly is Nevada going to license 0-0 Conor to fight 49-0 Floyd?

NSAC willing to grant Conor McGregor boxing license to keep Floyd Mayweather fight in Las Vegas

“Would the Nevada State Athletic Commission consider a boxing match between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor? Of course we would,” NSAC Executive Director Bob Bennett told Los Angeles Times. “And we’d definitely want the fight to be in the fight capital of the world. What commission wouldn’t want the two biggest fighters in the world right now to fight in their state?”

Last edited:
Isn't the ufc still the biggest roadblock? If they don't get a big cut then this doesn't happen. It's up to them.

Well if you believe Dana, he claims they're not standing in the way. He was on some late night show basically saying there's so much money involved that there's a good chance it happens.

I honestly think if anything holds it up it's Conor. I know he's about the cash and all, but I still don't know if he's at the Chael Sonnen level where he's gonna willingly go out and get washed for a check, dude seems too proud for all that.

Still not sure if he really thinks he can hang with Floyd, or if this is all a hoax to up his name value, and maybe get a bigger check out of the UFC and/or the ownership % he was talking about. And maybe Dana is just calling his bluff by going along with it. Who knows.

With the money that can be made on all sides you'd be crazy to think it's not possible.
I know he said all that get in get out **** but if someone waves 25 mil in your face for a 3 month training camp + a 25 minute fight, we'll see what happens then. He's young and just reaching his prime, for the right money and the right matchup, my money would be on him fighting again.

Na w the two egos y'all would b crazy to think it's gonna happen

It took Years to make PAC may happen and it only did cuz PAC met many of floyds demands...look up what he agreed to, its literally some of the dumbest of things. Connor not gon let may dictate that and b the star or A side

The difference between PAC and Conor is that Conor has zero chance to win

I too used the PAC negotiations as evidence that Conor Floyd would never happen but realized that this is easy money for Floyd. He won't need many concessions outside of his base pay. The biggest negotiating hurdle will be dana

He already sounds like he's on board

Last edited:
Floyd the GOAT but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't put a hundo on Conor just because. That left hand is vicious. He gon go in there trying to take his head off and be gassed by the third round by those heavy gloves.

Hell yes, I'd put maybe $500 on Conor depending on the odds

Other than that Conor's probably getting boxed up right now by much lesser names in practice sessions

I'm sure Canelo can hit as hard or harder than Conor with boxing gloves. Can't hit what you can't hit

Last edited:
Floyd vs. McGoat would leave me conflicted :smh:

Floyd completely outclasses McGoat but what if his reflexes and timing have eroded. Father time has to rear its ugly head at some point combined with the fact that he keeps taking these long layoffs. What if McGoat catches with that magical left hand

I actually am really curious to see how a dude like Conor who's dropping dudes with ease in MMA would fare in a boxing ring with 10 oz gloves though.

But Floyd took flush monster shots from a prime Sugar Shane Mosley and never even hit the canvas, as a matter of fact he's never hit the canvas in his career (if you don't count the Zab Judah glove touch). His chin doesn't really get talked about much but it's very legit. Plus he blanked out a much bigger fighter with handspeed and power who would likely beat the absolute dog **** out of McGregor in a boxing match (see Canelo Alvarez). Plus bigger gloves. Plus a 10 count after a knockdown. Plus Floyd is the king of making in fight adjustments.

Floyd's chin and skills would have to have eroded to a ridiculous level to even give Conor a chance. And even then it's just a puncher's chance. But who knows

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom