The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I wear ear guards when my cauli acts up. I've found that I get cauli when I train daily for weeks straight. Train often but rest often. BJJ is a marathon, not a race and takes years to master. 

Which one do you wear? I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on all of them. I don't really care about looking like a tool in class....I just really don't want my ears looking messed up :lol:

[thread="576061"]Quote:

Originally Posted by thejrob 

Finally got over the nerves and took my first BJJ class yesterday.

Loved it :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Gi recommendations? Also anyone wear ear guards? I'm trying to keep my ears looking normal :lol:

[/thread]
I've taken 3 classes so far, and there's one lunatic who I'm convinced is there to injure people. Seriously puts me off rolling when he's there

:lol: Not this bad, but there was one guy in my class that definitely was taking it more seriously than everyone else and trying to act like the expert. Similar to everything else in life though, he wasn't close to the best, and the guys who were better than him were really cool and helpful.

Which one do you wear? I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on all of them. I don't really care about looking like a tool in class....I just really don't want my ears looking messed up :lol:
:lol: Not this bad, but there was one guy in my class that definitely was taking it more seriously than everyone else and trying to act like the expert. Similar to everything else in life though, he wasn't close to the best, and the guys who were better than him were really cool and helpful.

I wear a matman I believe. Just make sure it has the neoprene outside so you don't scrape your partner

Also, anybody who makes fun of you for wearing headgear is a ****. I work a corporate job, I can't come in with cauli.

Also, some people get it and some don't. I wouldn't wear headgear until you know for sure where you fall. If you start to get it, take time off and drain your ears regularly

Finally got over the nerves and took my first BJJ class yesterday.

Loved it :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Gi recommendations? Also anyone wear ear guards? I'm trying to keep my ears looking normal :lol:

Bruh, Shoyoroll for Gi's. They cost around $200, but you will look fresh to death while you tap :pimp: .. Seriously though, BJJHQ.com is a great site to get good Gi's for cheap. They sell one item per day.

And yeah I do wear ear guards, but only when my ears swell up. I haven't wore one in a few years since my early white belt days.

Last edited:
After the dust settled, Tony Ferguson didn't get his full show money of 250K, apparently he got less than half that 
mean.gif

“I think they should take care of their fighters a little bit more, the ones that really put in their time and effort and really grind for them, because I’m one of those dudes, man,” he told MMAjunkie on Tuesday. “I’m one of those grinders, and I’ve never bashed my company.”

“It was like a slap to the face,” Ferguson said. “My training expenses were a lot larger than any other fight I’ve ever done because this was supposed to be the biggest fight of my career. So now I’m sitting here, and it’s like, what is my worth to the UFC? Like, do I not fight enough? Do I not bleed enough for them? It’s going through my head right now, because I didn’t lose.

“I did everything in my power that I could to show up on that scale, and that’s what I thought we were going to do. That’s why you call it show money. And to every fan that’s out there in the world, (UFC President) Dana (White), he said they cut me out a check, and I didn’t get a check, and then this morning I got my wire, and I’m looking at it and I’m like, ‘What the frick, man?’ I’m like, ‘Seriously?’”

A UFC official was contacted by MMAJunkie regarding the situation. The source stated that despite not being legally obligated to, the UFC paid Ferguson a figure which he was aware of beforehand.

Wut

Tony tried to fight made weight and was ready. When your opponent pulls out and you can't even get show money that's like one of the worst things that can happen in the sport

I think Ferguson should've gotten show AND win money. He did everything he was supposed to.

Khabib didn't make weight and therefore loses via DQ

Y'all see Mackenzie Dern missed weight again? Scheduled for 115, but wasn't going to make it so they changed the fight weight to 120 and she still came in heavy. Had to come back an hour and a half later to make it.

I don't see her ever becoming a star in MMA based on her missing weight for all three of her pro fights. She's not muscular for 115 and still can't make it there. If she tries to move to 135 she'll get overpowered, I just can't see her being the female version of Cormier.

it was a reference to dana, yall lame
mean.gif
Whoops
I think Ferguson should've gotten show AND win money. He did everything he was supposed to.

Khabib didn't make weight and therefore loses via DQ
This

Tony should be next to fight Conor, no question. They'll give it to Nate though, lol smh
Y'all see Mackenzie Dern missed weight again? Scheduled for 115, but wasn't going to make it so they changed the fight weight to 120 and she still came in heavy. Had to come back an hour and a half later to make it.

I don't see her ever becoming a star in MMA based on her missing weight for all three of her pro fights. She's not muscular for 115 and still can't make it there. If she tries to move to 135 she'll get overpowered, I just can't see her being the female version of Cormier.
Yeah she's way too thick to be cutting to 115. If she keeps winning, I could see the UFC making a 125 division in part to appease her.. Not to mention there's a number of other women who say they want 125. She's got that look and an entertaining style so far

Tony said on the MMA Hour that he just bought a house for his family. He had a lot hedging on the fight. And it fell through. And then they pulled that b.s.

Obviously it's a contractual thing. I'm glad he brought it up so others can learn when making their contracts.

Hearing Cain is stepping in for Ben to fight werdum
Brett Okamoto from ESPN Tweeted that Werdum's manager said "willing to face at 211 or 212". If they end up fighting in Dallas, it could be one of the most stacked cards in a long time

212 probably makes more sense though and it's in Brazil

Why are they stacking 211 like this?
Also wondering the same thing considering 210 doesnt have many great matchups outside the main and co-main. Also still shaking my head at the upcoming London card as well as the FN headlined by Swanson/Lobov. 

Seeming more and more like Khabib won't fight before Ramadan. If not I hope they make Conor vs Tony. The July card would make sense if Conor is coming back by then.

Back
Top Bottom