The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Only a few weeks away from the best matchup you can make in MMA (outside of Conor)

Funny how they have Hunt/Reem opening the main card and then Lando fighting after and the Rashad fight after that. Seems like they'd be a little bit further back on the card

Lando though 
pimp.gif
one of my favorite fighters, gotta love his style

Can't wait to see the chaos unfold....

Bellator has a few cards between now and then but would have been in their best interest to have some key matchups on them I feel.

I wish UFC did events 2x a month

As well as Bellator

The cards wouldn't be as watered down for the ufc and Bellator could alternate weeks so fans have a card to watch every week

Dana too greedy for that

I still remember that one bad streak they had in that down year... when all the injuries and weak cards were happening. Felt like things were legit on the edge at that time lol.. I swear to God they are the luckiest dudes... constantly getting bailed out and turn it into 4.2 billion

we are about to witness what ive beeeeen saying

GSP isnt going to be NEARLY the draw they think he will be... the promo will be UNREAL, unprecedented levels of buffonery so they can put him in there against a trash can in his return and get the hype train going

cpl snooze fest fights of him laying on people until he really tests some of this new blood and gets starched

I mean, maybe he won't break records but you don't think it'll at least be a up there for what they've done lately? Whatever the numbers will be I'm sure they'll take it, I don't know if they're even assuming it's going to be some kind of Conor like attraction

I wasn't going to say it, but when I first heard Firas' comments about GSP not wanting to fight Wonderboy, first thing I thought was they may very well know it's a horrible match up for Georges. They may not think they could beat Wonderboy

Wonderboy himself sounds like he'd consider fighting GSP at least:

“You never know man,” Thompson said of a possible showdown with St-Pierre. “You know, he was actually my inspiration to switch from kickboxing to mixed martial arts, training with him, helping him get ready for his fights. We have a closer relationship than I even did with Rory [MacDonald]. I would not want to step out there in the Octagon with him, but I understand it’s business, and you never know what the UFC’s going to throw at you.” 

“I’m glad he’s back in the UFC man,” Thompson continued. “He’s one of the best welterweights who ever stepped out there into the Octagon. My hat’s off to the guy. I know he’s been out for awhile, but he’s always training, always evolving, and he’s a life-long martial artist. But yeah man, you never know. We’ll see what happens.” 

“Yea man you know last time I was walking around at about 182 (pounds). I’m up to 190 (pounds) and I’m trying to stay about right there. I am not trying to get over that (190-pounds). It is still a dramatic cut. But, I have done it before. I have done it in the past. So I know I can do it. I am feeling stronger and I am feeling faster than ever man.”

George is only back to draw, just like Silva.

Killers like Wonderboy, Maia, Cowboy, Woodley, etc in the welterweight division are new challenges for him. Besides, Condit, he hasn't fought anyone in the current top 15.

For his legacy and dominance, the answer is to come back and wreck the division again. But after the $4.2 billion sale, he would be foolish not to capitalize on the current money fight mentality.

I just started to listening to the MMA Hour. Ariel gassing up the return of Cyborg. I'm excited to see her wreck shop but that division is paper thin.

So I'm going to be starting BJJ and Muay Thai next Monday. I'm excited. Feel out of shape, so it'll be nice to have a new activity that relates to one of my favorite sports.

Last edited:
Roy Jones Jr. wants to fight Anderson Silva on the undercard of Mayweather/McGregor if it happens

Sure why not

Midas whale do a few more boxer mma matches

Btw Gavin tucker man, didn't get to mention it but he was the most impressive fighter the entire weekend. Got me intrigued for sure

UFC 211 should be a great card!

Also surprised they haven't announced a headliner for the Fox 24 with all these other fights getting booked. Sucks the Barao and Superboy fight won't be happening at that event and maybe not at all.

UFC 211 should be a great card!

Also surprised they haven't announced a headliner for the Fox 24 with all these other fights getting booked. Sucks the Barao and Superboy fight won't be happening at that event and maybe not at all.
Yeah I saw that it's like a blank thing on the website

I never knew they were even supposed to fight... I heard Superboy wanted to take time off anyway due to getting married. Could that be the reason? idk

Back
Top Bottom