The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

From my understanding, they're already paying for coaching fees and facility fees, but Faber takes a cut off the top of that to promote them. And basically, you have no choice if you want to be promoted by Faber.

My man left a team to go somewhere else where he thought would help out his career more. I can dig that. How you gonna try to hold a grudge against someone that wants to better his own life and situation? The whole situation is ridiculous to me.

If Faber is charging promotion/managerial fees and is honestly doing promotion/managerial work then...? But yeah who knows what the deal is, but it seems that none of the other guys are beefing.

And from what I remember, when TJ left he was on Joe Rogan's podcast saying that he was getting paid to train at elevation, something like 100k I believe. In which case I'm not mad at him at all.

I think the issue was just the slander from Ludwig after he left and maybe a little bit of jealousy/bitterness from Faber.

My main point in that, is you're mixing business with pleasure it seems, that can get sticky. Again, brotherhood is brotherhood, I totally understand that. At what point can you separate the business aspect with the family aspect. Gets complicated, so I can understand where TJ coming from. Everyone trying to make money and everyone trying to be the best fighter they can be.

If it's all this brotherhood crap, then go at Benevidez too and the other Alpha fighters who are going to Colorado too. TJ gonna have that ace in the hole all season long

True. And yeah it doesn't really make a ton of sense that him and Cody never said a word in public about Joe leaving to train with TJ too :lol:. But that actually might further prove the point that it's moreso the **** talking that Bang did (and TJ somewhat) after the breakup that pissed them off.

Last edited:
Bang definitely has to do with the venom from Alpha, I think overall they viewed TJ as such a big name and an asset to Alpha... so for him to be splitting his "loyalty" with the enemy in Bang.. just wasn't going to work out

Cody's quotes from today's TUF media day

“I take it as just me being real, just confronting problems,” Garbrandt said. “That’s what I think fake people don’t do. That’s T.J. He’s the fakest person I ever met. From the beginning.”

“He’s trying to play the victim on the show,” Garbrandt said. “He’s trying to be the nice guy. I already know who T.J. is.”

Buccholz and Castillo are on Garbrandt’s TUF coaching staff and will more than likely be in his corner against Dillashaw, when they used to be in Dillashaw’s corner.

“He’s going in there and saying Danny Castillo and Justin Buccholz are his best friends,” Garbrandt said. “But where are they? They’re on my team. They’re with me. We won the world championship together.”

“It’s a fight that I’ve wanted for so long, especially with the animosity and hatred towards T.J. for what he’s done and how he’s acted — not as a fighter, but as a man,” Garbrandt said.

A reporter asked Garbrandt on Wednesday if he felt like he needed a big performance against Dillashaw — perhaps a knockout — to cement himself as one of the UFC’s next big stars. The undefeated Garbrandt demurred, but he’s extra confident.

“I know I will knock out T.J. — 100 percent I’ll knock out T.J.,” he said. “I don’t have to go out there and get the knockout. I’m gonna go out there and perform. I’m gonna go out there and have fun. I’m just finally hitting my stride.”

]What the hell did TJ do besides leave though? Gotta be some stuff behind the scenes. Garbrandt coming off as extra salty.

Last edited:
tj should get beta benavidez and mendes in his fight corner. They talk crap about tj all day but like someone else posted they don't say anything about guys who are still friends and train with him.

Faber said the main reason there's an issue is cuz Ludwig said "nobody on tam has the ability to b champ besides tj" this was when tj was going back and forth w both. Urijah said Ludwig's a snake and tj gotta pick either them or him. Tj chose Duane...

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's Bellator card.
Main Card on Spike TV: Saturday 2/18 @ 9pm
Fedor Emelianenko vs Matt Mitrione
Josh Thomson vs Patricky Pitbull Freire
Cheick Kongo vs Oli Thompson
Veta Arteaga vs Brooke Mayo (never heard of these 2. But since it's Bellator, I'm assuming one or both of these ladies are pretty :lol: )
Josh Koscheck vs Mauricio Alonso

Last edited:
I kinda wish Jim Ross would commentate a few fights.
Miss Mauro man

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's Bellator card.

Fedor Emelianenko vs Matt Mitrione
Josh Thomson vs Patricky Pitbull Freire
Cheick Kongo vs Oli Thompson
Veta Arteaga vs Brooke Mayo (never heard of these 2. But since it's Bellator, I'm assuming one or both of these ladies are pretty :lol: )
Josh Koscheck vs Mauricio Alonso
Josh Thomson and kos haven't fought in two years, crazy

Kos said he lost money training for this fight.. he owns businesses as his other source of income. He said the camp costs put him in deficit and that he doesn't know how much longer he'll fight

Kos said he'd literally fight Daley on the street if he saw him and that Daley probably feels the same way lol

Bellator can make a handful of good fights

I really do want to see Daley vs page. I think that'd be excellent all around, the buildup and the actual fight. Put it in England man it'd be a hit

I too would like to see Daley vs kos unfortunately the actual fight might be a bore

Just have daley and him in a street fight match. Problem solved.

kos is beyond washed but daley has a chance if he can land a bomb on his eye socket that was broken.

Plus, with UFC not matching Ryan Bader's contract, it's safe to say his first fight will be against Phil Davis for the Bellator belt. Bader could also avenge his loss to Tito if he chooses to come out of retirement :lol:

What's crazy about that Bellator card is that it's happening about 45 mins way from me, yet we get a 2 hour delay.

How they gonna air the event at 9pm?!

What's crazy about that Bellator card is that it's happening about 45 mins way from me, yet we get a 2 hour delay.

How they gonna air the event at 9pm?!

I also find this weird. Why can't they just have events live at 7pm PST/10pm Est? Plus I've noticed that when the events are actually live they show some Cops reruns on Spike. Makes no sense. Must be some legal reason.

It was annoying when I was watching ESPN and they showed the result of the tito-sonnen fight on the tcker at the bottom before it aired on the west coast.

spike probably tells them they gotta air stuff in primetime so their ratings aren't too horrible.

Considering the way Fedor looked in his last fight against Maldonado I see him getting KOed in this bout. Fabio was a guy who could take a hit but could never mount much of his own offense it seemed and in the Fedor fight he nearly finished him.

Back
Top Bottom