The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

It's pretty cool to see Nate and cowboy be somewhat friends. I seen them dab each other in one of the embeddeds

I wonder how a rematch would look without the emotion

Will Nate Diaz be able to handle the expectation of victory? I know he has a full camp under his belt this around but does anyone else feel that taking the first fight on 10 days notice was a win/win for Nate?

He walked into that fight carefree with no expectations on his shoulders. Now the whole world except Ireland is expecting a repeat if not better performance tonight. Can he handle that pressure and expectation?

Nate been in this for a long time watching him in all these interviews and shows he seems very comfortable in a good way. Confident

His whole crew is with him, I think he's in a great place mentally

I don't believe the pressure is a factor for him, mostly because of the style matchup. If this were a wrestler or someone else I could see it. But Conor plays right into nates style

I like Nate and Conor but this fight has me nervous for Conor and the UFC's sake. From an entertainment perspective I realllly want Conor to win this. Dude is like a kick *** movie character to me and i'll be bummed if he gets knocked down to an even lower pedestal. Judging by the last fight and what's on the line for Conor god damn this gonna be intense as hell.

I like Nate and Conor but this fight has me nervous for Conor and the UFC's sake. From an entertainment perspective I realllly want Conor to win this. Dude is like a kick *** movie character to me and i'll be bummed if he gets knocked down to an even lower pedestal. Judging by the last fight and what's on the line for Conor god damn this gonna be intense as hell.

Is Cono MacGregor too big to fail?

As in looking at the big picture? Maybe, considering how high and polarizing his peak would or will be.

Unless you're doing truly scummy things like some of the **** Jon Jones has pulled in the past I don't hate any of these dudes. Either I like them or I understand most of what these guys are doing is for promotional reasons because the money can come and go so quickly. I don't think anyone has nailed this better than McGregor. I'm hesitant to say he's too big to fail given the nature of the business but I don't think anyone has captivated the UFC as much as McGregor. And with the situation he put himself in he will use his ability to hold what he's done for the business over anyone who crosses him. Also he has given himself more opportunities to not fail than someone else typically would have.

If he loses tonight he has a somewhat understandable reason for losing by attempting to go up a weight class. He can just spin it into it being ballsy by going for something unprecedented. He can just go back down while maintaining a massive chunk of his reputation. But Aldo looked great against Edgar. He looked so good that it makes you wonder what happens if McGregor doesn't happen to catch him perfectly the first 13 seconds of the match. If McGregor loses tonight and doesn't beat Aldo...then oh boy.

Last edited:
Is Cono MacGregor too big to fail?

At the moment, yes. It hurts his "communication" to the masses. His whole Ric Flair Schtick is based on winning a la Muhammed Ali. So losing hurts in his sales pitch. He's also a champ. Champions find a way to win.

Long term, losing didn't hurt Chael Sonnen. Michael Bisping is on the come up. It's all about establishing your brand and presenting yourself as someone the people can see is real and entertaining.

Been watching YouTube clips all day. This is such a big fight for UFC. 200 was lackluster and after the sale, this is the next major card (since nothing has been announced for MSG).

Brandon Schaub and Mike Rappaport (sp) had a great conversation about this fight.

One thing of note is McGregors fight camp. Six figures. Very few UFC fighters can afford one. If Connor wins, hopefully someone got footage of it. Just from the videos of Lockhart cooking for him. Or the gym he was training. It was all big time. Man, there's a lot of pressure on the dude.

There's a lot of videos of Conor's camp on his youtube channel, "TheMacLife".

Dude's camp was super legit. Far more extensive and inclusive than other MMA fighter's camp i've seen before.

Last edited:
If Conor loses after all the prep he's done I wonder if that dents his psyche

He literally has done everything possible to prepare to win

^nate trains with top level guys, so his training is just as good, if not, better

ufc has a lot at stake. they throw too many events and they dont have enough drawing power. very few guys on their roster that will make the average viewer pony up money for ppvs. their champs aren't even draws. if conor goes down, his stock will drop dramitically

if anything, not having to travel and do all that media stuff should help conor. is his ground gm any better just in case it gets there? not sure how much improvement, especially going up against a legit BJJ guy

Last edited:
Just throwing money at things isn't always the solution, hopefully they were actually working intelligently in that six figure camp. And even then, how much of a different fighter can he be really 5 months removed from the last time he got his *** whipped?

But I guess we'll see. We pretty much know what Nate is bringing, the only variable is what adjustments Conor is gonna have. I think if he gets stopped within 3 rounds tho he might just pull a Ronda and dip. His ego ain't gonna be able to take that.

^nate trains with top level guys, so his training is just as good, if not, better

yup, it's almost impossible train with better partners than guys like kron gracie and andre ward.

Last edited:
War Conor!

In for the tears once Nate gets knocked out tonight 8)

GrjBOD.gif

Can't believe there are still dudes riding for that lame

Last edited:
3 mil + PPV shares + reebok + monster

Conor is probably going home with minimum 20 mil

Back
Top Bottom