The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yeah, it's good and bad for Condit though. Good because he doesn't have to go through another standup war with a dude like Rory or Hendricks or Matt Brown fresh off of that war with Robbie. Bad because he might get dominated on the ground. But Maia's been putting in work and deserves a top fighter, and the style clash makes for an interesting fight. I'm not even mad at that one, actually looking forward to it.

Outside of Nick Diaz, I feel like Maia was the only logical match up for Condit

Wonderboy will get the next shot and then whoever wins between Maia/Condit should be next after that

Barring rematches 
laugh.gif

they probably just don't get along, probably said some stuff to each other in the past behind closed doors that turned each other off to one another....and you can tell if jones doesnt like you...your basically an enemy to this dood

so im sure they probably have a personal grudge going on....

i remember in the vitor fight jon came out like he always does golem style with 1 hand on the ground....vitor ran up and tried to soccer kick him but missed, jones looked at big jon like WTF and big jon hits him back with "you want to play your little game"

remember that after reading the article posted
he didn't try to soccer kick him, it was a head kick which would have been legal cuz Jones actually pulled his hand off the ground to block it so if it landed it would have been legal

also Big john said "u want to play that game" ur wording makes it sound like he has a personal issue with him, which i dont believe is the case, hes calling things the way they're suppose to be.

Jones needs to lose points for the fingers, he does it intentionally imo. 

Yea Jones fingers to eyes is one of his favorite moves. Can see how that would take a guy out of his game if kept getting hit with it and not called.

UFC should have some rule where if you have like 5 or more eye pokes you get fined 10k

he didn't try to soccer kick him, it was a head kick which would have been legal cuz Jones actually pulled his hand off the ground to block it so if it landed it would have been legal

also Big john said "u want to play that game" ur wording makes it sound like he has a personal issue with him, which i dont believe is the case, hes calling things the way they're suppose to be.

i see where your coming from.

but that's how i interpreted it.

who knows what the case really is.

If Brock loses at UFC 200, I think I'll finally believe 100% that the UFC is in no way rigged when it comes to the actual fights. Right now I'm about 90-95%, thinking "there's always that chance".

He has every reason to win when it comes to PPV, money, fans, etc., and if Hunt can pull off this KO, it ruins their picture perfect story of Brock coming back to ride off into the sunset.

If Brock loses at UFC 200, I think I'll finally believe 100% that the UFC is in no way rigged when it comes to the actual fights. Right now I'm about 90-95%, thinking "there's always that chance".

He has every reason to win when it comes to PPV, money, fans, etc., and if Hunt can pull off this KO, it ruins their picture perfect story of Brock coming back to ride off into the sunset.
Breh there's been so many instances of results of why the ufc wouldn't be rigged

At the same time, 1 fight doesn't prove that it isn't rigged

Putting your theory on one fight isn't sound

Oh I know, but then the more I try to believe it isn't rigged, something always happens that give me more area of doubt.

Idk, for me, this is the fight for me to personally believe.

I see your point. Being that you could look at Conor losing to Diaz as a sign that the ufc isn't rigged, they let their cash cow lose

But then you think, oh the rematch could do bigger numbers lol

I think rousey losing and not coming back is enough for me to think it isn't rigged. I've never actually thought it could be tbh

How does the ufc have people tied in the rankings? Doesn't make sense to me. ufc tonight showed that woodley and maia are both ranked #3 at welterweight.

This time next Thursday ufc 202 press conference. Should be good

Edit: also today at 2 pm there's a ufc 200 media call. Jones and dc about to get loose

Last edited:
Just went watch Jones/Belfort because I didn't remember that, but yes, it's "Well, you wanna play THE game," and not "You wanna play your little game," which are completely different in context.

I gotta agree with McCarthy. You know what this is. And whoever brought up the fact that he raised his hands to block, that's a valid point. It's just a head kick at that point. Jones has to just eat it to the face if he wants the penalty.

Just went watch Jones/Belfort because I didn't remember that, but yes, it's "Well, you wanna play THE game," and not "You wanna play your little game," which are completely different in context.

I gotta agree with McCarthy. You know what this is. And whoever brought up the fact that he raised his hands to block, that's a valid point. It's just a head kick at that point. Jones has to just eat it to the face if he wants the penalty.
SPOT ON

Gsp coming gonna could screw with any of three divisions. Dude is a draw no doubt but he isn't a show stopper by any means, he hasn't been entertaining in a long time. Kinda sucks for whoever he skips over for a title shot

Last edited:
On the conference call right now:

Reporter:Brock, what do you have to say about the steroid allegations?

Brock: I'm a white boy, and i'm jacked. Deal with it.

laugh.gif

Brock said he just returned to MMA training a few weeks ago for the first time since the Overeem fight.... 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom