The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Norman is FOOLS gold.

I fell into the hype until ODB gave him the business and put things into perspective.

The "elite" receivers he "locked up".

DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones.

Most of them were playing with trash as back up QBs.

Not to mention Josh is like 30.

Carolinas defense scheme, front 7, and Josh's mouth >>>>>>>>>>> Josh's play. 

@The Collector
 ya'll done goof'd!

Backups like who exactly....... those QBs were Mallet, Jamies, Luck, Romo, and Matt Ryan.

Who didn't get shredded by OBJ?
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Who didn't get shredded by OBJ?
This. And Josh wont face a better/physical receiver than Julio and hes locked him up for the past two years.

I think Norman is in trouble. I didn't watch the **** y'all posted but he's going up against much better receivers and this isn't the Carolina defense. I remember when he announced, there were a few retired DEs on ESPN and NFLN that day saying Norman isn't a good fit for Washington's defense and schemes. Should be interesting but he got shredded by ODB last year. Now he's gotta do it twice a year and then go against a healthy Dez. Not a good look.

Only weeks he might be in trouble are against Odell(kills most cbs unless you get in his head and even then makes plays), Antonio Brown(needs no explanation), Dez(when locked in and healthy is an animal) and Kelvin( the reason he was in Josh's top five is because at 6'5 245 he beat josh like a rag doll in practice)

If he stays healthy and sures up the drops KB should have a :x type of year

So few DBs can survive 'on their own' without a good scheme or team in front of them. It is just so hard to be a lock down one on one DB....and that's how the NFL wants it apparently

Agreed. I don't believe in lockdown corners anymore with all these rules that benefit the offense. I don't think Norman will be garbage but I think he won't be as good in Washington.

I hate the huge deal we gave Jenkins. He's going to get cooked every Sunday.

I am not saying it's good but I sucked down about 184283292 Bud Light Limes last week on vacation

I think Norman is in trouble. I didn't watch the **** y'all posted but he's going up against much better receivers and this isn't the Carolina defense. I remember when he announced, there were a few retired DEs on ESPN and NFLN that day saying Norman isn't a good fit for Washington's defense and schemes. Should be interesting but he got shredded by ODB last year. Now he's gotta do it twice a year and then go against a healthy Dez. Not a good look.

Breeland the real star of that secondary. Kid is a beast.

I can't believe Blaine Gabbert has a real shot at starting this year. Wow.

This is SO ******* stupid. Skins are running a similar defensive scheme and packages to what Carolina was doing. Why sign someone to be a square-peg fit for a round hole? This is NOT Nnamdi 2.0...that's just a beyond lazy comparison. Norman will have help. What you're seeing in the clips totally benefits the WRs. You can't find one DB in the league who hasn't been beaten in practice or a game.

[thread="651382"]Like DMX said, there aren't a lot of "shutdown" corners in todays NFL.[/thread]
[thread="651382"] [/thread]
[thread="651382"]But if I had to make a list composed of the top 5 best corners in the league, Norman would not be on the list.[/thread]

Who's on your top 5?

Speaking of CBs, it's Breeland's time...

Lol Norman in for a lot of trouble in that nfc east besides the Eagles WOs

Can't find the graphic, but Dez's numbers are not good in his career vs. the Skins. Eagles WRs...meh....

OBJ is the only WR in the division who's going to be a nightmare. That's why he's arguably the best in the league.

Wish the Ravens had somebody even close to Norman ...secondary still sucks :smh:

Hope all them picks they spent on pass rushers pays off

Chad Ryan ‏@ChadwikoRCC
It is, frankly, ridiculous people are still saying Josh Norman is struggling in camp. Couldn't be further from the truth. (1/2)

Chad Ryan ‏@ChadwikoRCC
Don't judge him on his performance in 1-on-1 WR drills. Judge him on 11-on-11 team scrimmages, where Norman & Breeland have given up nothing

[thread="651382"]2016 Nfl Discussion Thread/1890#post_26275197​[/thread]
Who's on your top 5?

Speaking of CBs, it's Breeland's time...
I would have to go with:

sherman

peterson

revis

harris jr

butler

Then I would have to put norman at 6th. He's not far from butler, But I feel butler had the better season. 

Sal Maiorana ‏@salmaiorana · 10m10 minutes ago

Cardale Jones just threw a pass so far off target it knocked the phone out of the hand of a reporter 40 feet behind the sideline.

:rofl:

Packers first 6 games:

@ Jaguars

@ Vikings

Lions

bye week

Giants

Cowboys

Bears

Should be another 6-0 start with 4 home games in a row. #GoPackGo
pimp.gif

Status