The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think tanking works in the nfl unless there is a sure fire quarterback.
depends on the talent in the draft.. tackle and pass rushers give you great return on value

easier now, with the rookie contracts changing.. look at the raiders who got stuck with all those terrible picks high in the draft on those terrible contracts

you can take other positions top 10 now, with the rookie contracts changed

Last edited:
Who wants to go to the game tonight ? Amazing seats. Me and the bro @D StaXX was gonna go but schedules conflicted. Probably gonna get into some city shenanigans later

The only time tanking is logical is if its Andrew Luck. The NFL's entire draft is more even.

Yeah agreed, the NBA is typically top 5 or bust to look for a franchise changing player.

NBA drafts are heavily front loaded so tanking works, NFL has more even talent in the 1st round as a whole
the nature of football isn't really conducive to tanking.. way too many busts in the top 10, even the supposed 'safe' picks have that possibility in em (see Robert gallery)

best you can do is just keep key players out for smaller injuries or injuries they could possible play through

but with the health risk guys are running, you're asking a lot of em to just lay down

browns this year are probably closest a team will come to that though (or maybe the colts the luck year)

The only time tanking is logical is if its Andrew Luck. The NFL's entire draft is more even.

Yeah agreed, the NBA is typically top 5 or bust to look for a franchise changing player.
I don't completely agree the draft is more even.. but then it depends on the draft and the position of need

but before a top 10 pick could be considered a legit burden if you didn't hit on that pick.. and you kinda had to at least hit a double to get value on the pick

like certain guys as soon as they were drafted top 10, were the highest paid guys for their position (Vernon davis).. then the QBs especially those contracts were getting absurd and it was going up every year

Last edited:
NBA drafts are heavily front loaded so tanking works, NFL has more even talent in the 1st round as a whole

Def. agree with this. Most of the time, the talent is usually only in the top of the first round. Sometimes you will find talent in the late first round, or even 2nd round. But usually there's going to be 3-5 guys in an NBA who'll give a contribution to their team or even have a long career.

As someone said earlier, there's way more value to be found in the entire first round and all throughout the draft. There's just so many rounds and draft choices. It only makes sense in a probability perspective.

But if there's a standout talent, like an Andrew Luck then yes, tanking does make sense. But how often does that ever happen?

I suppose Winston could be a consideration.

Last edited:
what makes you guys think that the Jets' front office is smart enough to know tanking usually doesn't work in the NFL??? it's the Jets.

let em tank. and take one of the mediocre QB prospects in the first round :lol:

Add Jameis and Mariota to that sentence.

Quote:
what makes you guys think that the Jets' front office is smart enough to know tanking usually doesn't work in the NFL??? it's the Jets.

let em tank. and take one of the mediocre QB prospects in the first round
laugh.gif
there isn't really the guarantee that tanking necessarily works in the NBA either..

but it's just the nature of the 2 sports where a single guy can have a far greater impact on the overall outcome of the game.. LeBron in his say 35 mins per game is going play offense and defense

the greatest QB in the history of the league is only going play 1 side of the ball.. and will at least need serviceable enough guys around him

Add Jameis and Mariota to that sentence.

people killed MM8 especially on here, dude was a bust the second he declared

all kinds of hot takes

i need to look back at those. i can't remember my exact take but i believe he was my favorite QB in the class. i probably said he wasn't worth a top 10 pick (neither him nor Jameis).

half right i guess. but wasn't really a bold take :lol:

Last edited:
^ it's what we do..

imagine if peyton and all the hype that came with him, had his rookie season today:

56% completion percentage

6.5 yards per attempt

28 INTs

Chiefs can't be stupid enough to let Eric Berry walk, can they?

Homie will look fantastic in the B&G next season...same w/ Dontari Poe :pimp:

if you skrong, den we skrong.

Patriots falling apart

almost like clock work, feels like.

bennett's ankle is jacked up and edelman's foot also iffy. going to be a fun stretch run :lol:

View media item 2251739

Cant remember the last time as a titans fan that I actually had playoff hopes this far into the season.....feels good man :smile:

luck gawd taking the division.

Would eat

350x700px-LL-72a81044_chrisboshface_zps49f5f172.gif

Chiefs can't be stupid enough to let Eric Berry walk, can they?

Homie will look fantastic in the B&G next season...same w/ Dontari Poe :pimp:

Hopefully JC renegotiates his contract, and leaves money to pay both. Poe might be odd man out with his replacements playing well, and his scary *** back issues

EB ain't going anywhere though

Last edited:
Cheap *** Robert Kraft

i'd lump in bill. refuse to believe bill works with a restriction on spending that far below others :lol:

but yeah. wasting Brady's remaining years by getting "value" guys. Brady can cover it up for the most part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom