The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston bound in the morning until Sunday. Deadset hooked me up with suggestions of spots to hit up :nthat: should be a good time.

Catch y'all Sunday night. Hope Petty sees the field /Fitz

Days later and I called it, not the result I was looking for tho :lol:. Bowles is foolish if doesn't stick with Petty the rest of the way.

I didn't watch any of the game, nor did I miss anything worth a damn. I wanna sell the rest of my tickets this season, no sense to take the drive to NJ to see a losing team.

Can't front, Boston is a pretty :pimp: city. Shoutout to DSA for hooking me up with some info in the past weeks (lookout for a PM from me later on man).

What did I miss in here all weekend?? nicholas excessively drinking still? Chester have a new avy? How many times did franc hit us with the SpongeBob smirk after the blocked XPA?

Last edited:
Here are Cousins' stats dating back to the YOU LIKE THAT game ... 487 for 702, 69 percent completion rate, 8.19 yards per attempt, 39 touchdowns, 10 interceptions, 106.4 QB rating.

So I told him more or less what I think: that we joke about how every ******** game comes down to a fourth-quarter coin flip, but that for a franchise so recently in ruins, this is massive progress. That the ******** are now 14-10-1 since Cousins became their starter — the 10th-best record in the NFL. That they’re seventh in total yards in that span, and sixth in yards per play. That the quarterbacks whose teams have managed more yards per play in the Cousins era are named Roethlisberger, Brees, Ryan, Palmer and Brady.

Is it obvious yet? Here’s the case for Kirk Cousins.

Pay. The. Man.

the collector the collector

Let that young man flourish :pimp:

I'm so ready for Marvin to go.

Last nights play calling was Marvins dream.

He is so dead set on 80s football regardless.

He gets off on winning a 17-13 game.

We aint the Seahawks.

Is it Marvin Lewis that calls the plays for the offense? Whoever was calling those last night will probably be without a job soon.

Let that young man flourish
pimp.gif

We aint the Seahawks.

I just find it weird in general that a dude dancing is surrounded by a bunch of other dudes
You probably have a tough time with a lot of things in life, then.
pimp.gif

We aint the Seahawks.

Last edited:
Is it obvious yet? Here’s the case for Kirk Cousins.

Pay. The. Man.

[@=/u/168461/The-Collector]@The Collector[/@]
I'm surprised there's no voice of reason among the Washington fans here saying that paying Kirk Cousins is risky and dangerous.  At best you get what you have right now.  At worst the Mark Sanchez/Ryan Fitzpatrick situation that cripples your franchise.  Don't pay for someone's ceiling when he's shown his floor is this low.

I don't even know what else Kirk has to prove at this point. He's not a fluke. He's shown it this year (so far.)

If the Skins let him walk, they will be the most incompetent franchise in football. Playing games right now with Kirk and his camp has the team teetering that fine line between having stability and being the Browns.

Honestly, I think there's a 99.9% chance he's re-signed. However, the local media is drumming up this narrative that folks in the FO remain skeptical.

I was half-listening on Sunday, but I think I heard Jimmy Johnson say that Kirk is a franchise QB. For a team that hasn't had stability at the position in DECADES, he should be this franchise's QB for the foreseeable future.

As of now, I have no issue saying Kirk is a top-10 QB in the league. He's putting up fantastic #'s under Jay, and he's done it with out the luxury of some of his top playmakers.

Last edited:
pimp.gif

We aint the Seahawks.
I don't even know what else Kirk has to prove at this point. He's not a fluke. He's shown it this year (so far.)

If the Skins let him walk, they will be the most incompetent franchise in football. Playing games right now with Kirk and his camp has the team teetering that fine line between having stability and being the Browns.

Honestly, I think there's a 99.9% chance he's re-signed. However, the local media is drumming up this narrative that folks in the FO remain skeptical.

I was half-listening on Sunday, but I think I heard Jimmy Johnson say that Kirk is a franchise QB. For a team that hasn't had stability at the position in DECADES, he should be this franchise's QB for the foreseeable future.

As of now, I have no issue saying Kirk is a top-10 QB in the league.
He wasn't that great at the beginning of the year, and you can't say he's been super consistent.  I agree with you he's been pretty good considering—don't agree that he's a top 10 QB but curious to see your list.

There's also good talent around him on offense.

I agree that it's tough to let him go because of the alternatives, but I'd be afraid to bank on him as a longterm solution.  Washington right now is a just-barely-good-enough team that's also inconsistent.  I don't see Cousins taking you to that next level.

I'm comfortable enough with what I've seen to pay the man at years end. We are 3 late game mishaps from a 8-1 record. Only one of those 3 games was his fault. The INT vs Dallas. The other two were our defense vs Detroit and Hopkins missing a FG vs Cincinnati.

If we don't resign him where do we turn really? Weak QB class coming out and there's no point in grabbing any of these free agents. Free agents who aren't better then what we have with Kirk already. He's the trigger man for the foreseeable future and I'm good with that.

Last edited:
I've been one of the biggest Cousins' detractors on NT but the guy has played above-average to great football for a while now. You gotta pay him if you're Washington. It's hard to find QBs worth a damn in today's NFL and he's proven to be solid.

We aint the Seahawks.

As of now, I have no issue saying Kirk is a top-10 QB in the league.
He wasn't that great at the beginning of the year, and you can't say he's been super consistent.  I agree with you he's been pretty good considering—don't agree that he's a top 10 QB but curious to see your list.

There's also good talent around him on offense.

I agree that it's tough to let him go because of the alternatives, but I'd be afraid to bank on him as a longterm solution.  Washington right now is a just-barely-good-enough team that's also inconsistent.  I don't see Cousins taking you to that next level.

He didn't start the year off well, but he's picked it up. He's pretty much following the same arc he did last season. If there's a time for him to go on a hot streak, it's now.

Kirk and the offense are fine. There are other questions surrounding the team (defense) that could ultimately hamper what the team is trying to accomplish. I don't see Kirk as a variable as to why the team can't reach that next level. They need to be consistent. Making the playoffs in consecutive years would be a start. If Kirk is at the helm AND they pull this off, I see no reason for him not to continue to flourish. As I mentioned before, there are more questions surrounding the defense...and that will be the achillies heel of this team unless there are some big changes made in the offseason as far as drafting/trades/free agency

As for the top 10, this is what I have...based SOLELY off of this year:

Tom Brady
Dak Prescott
Derek Carr
Matt Ryan
Drew Brees
Russell Wilson
Matt Stafford
Kirk Cousins
Marcus Mariota
Roethlisberger/Rodgers (toss up)

He's in my top-10, but 6-10 can be interchangable...

I still don't know about Kirk, but thank the lord I don't have to watch RGIII anymore. Every time he dropped back to pass I was preparing for the worst.

It'd be a mistake not to extend Kirk at this point, even though I'm still skeptical. No one on the FA market is better and no one really worth trading for. That and Kirk's relationship with Gruden/McVay make it a pretty simple call.

I'm interested in seeing him perform on prime time this coming week. He hasn't played well under the lights.

This week is another test. We let a struggling Packers team come into Landover and beat us in a playoff game last year. Packers need this win to keep their playoff hopes alive. I'm more worried about our defense in these next 7 games. Remaining scheduled is...

Packers
Cowboys
Cardinals
Eagles
Panthers
Bears
Giants

Besides the Bears its still a tough road and we'll need about 4-5 wins for a wildcard unless Dallas falls off which I don't see happening.

We aint the Seahawks.

What y'all need to do is fire his *** and bring in Coughlin right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom