The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is full of :lol: this morning

Next thing imma see is Blaine Gabbert is better than Colin Kaepernick [emoji]128580[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

We talking about GOAT's? I don't remember his name but that Cowboys corner who had those interceptions in the super bowl and got MVP...way better then Sanders he showed up on the big stage...GOAT corner.

We talking about GOAT's? I don't remember his name but that Cowboys corner who had those interceptions in the super bowl and got MVP...way better then Sanders he showed up on the big stage...GOAT corner.

Larry Brown, the Raiders promptly signed him to a big deal and he sucked

Larry Brown, the Raiders promptly signed him to a big deal and he sucked

Oh yeah that's his name...still got the ring and MVP and that = GOAT

(according to this thread right now [emoji]128514[/emoji])

Barry Sanders trash. Never played meaningful playoff games and didn't visit the Super Bowl. Also his era focused on running the ball. Joseph Addai is better. He played in one Pro Bowl and has a ring. He played with Peyton and a pass heavy offensive era, so it limited his carries from breaking the all time rushing record.

LMAOOOO

All those teams mentioned had multiple HOFers/All-Pros on both sides of the ball though,dunno if I'd say those squads got carried by their RB's at all. TD's 98 season is the most impressive imo but didn't Denver have a pretty great top ranked defense back then?

a team needs great players on offense and defense to get to sb, i agree. these rbs were mvps in that respective season and played in the sb.

85 raiders, marcus allen, lost SB
91 bills, thurmand thomas, lost SB
93 cowboys, emmitt smith, won SB
98 broncos, terrell davis, won SB
05 seahawks, shaun alexander, lost SB

98 broncos defense was top 10 in the league if i remember.

And how he judge a WR by team success? :lol: He can't throw, block, play RB, play defense.

Megatron did his job at a all time level.

Explain to me how we judge WRs then. Is it based off numbers alone? All I hear is he's a top talent to which I don't disagree. How can you or anyone say he's top 10 all time without bringing up how geared towards passing offense the league is now? All those great WRs from the past had to deal with defense that's nothing like today's game and still produced. In some cases better yards and equal if not better TDs.

I judge WR's by what I see them do on the field when they get their opportunities. I can't judge a WR based on things that are out of his control.

If you using the "it's a passing league" argument then you have to discredit what QB's have been doing for the last few years.

Last edited:
I judge WR's by what I see them do on the field when they get their opportunities. I can't judge a WR based on things that are out of his control.

If you using the "it's a passing league" argument then you have to discredit what QB's have been doing for the last few years.

I do discredit what players like Stafford and Bortles have done. Brady and Manning have won enough to be considered GOAT. If Bortles continues to light it up in garbage time his numbers will dwarf someone like Terry Bradshaw. If you don't take era and rules changes into consideration then all the modern players are better then all the past ones. Bigger stronger faster better. It doesn't matter what they do on the field in that case.

Who here remembers CJ being a yard away from a win and letting Kam knock the ball out? How about him catching a game winning TD out of bounds a few years ago? Top 10 performances I guess. Out of his control I'm told. It's the Lions fault HE couldn't hold on to the ball.

Last edited:
I think playoff success should be heavily factored in QB's but when it comes to other positions, I am not sure it should be a huge factor in the HOF

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m1 minute ago

49ers WR Eric Rogers, a coveted former CFL star signed this offseason, torn his ACL on Thursday, per Chip Kelly.

damn I thought this dude could be a pretty good player in the NFL, he was a beast in the CFL

Who's the last CFL wide receiver to go to the NFL and be a big contributor?

I think the CFL rules favor the receivers a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom