The Invincible Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify. I think Calvin is/was a great WR. I'd take him over Largent. Calvin is bigger, faster and more athletic. No debate there. My issue in spite of his greatness is as follows, 0 playoff wins, part of a 0-16 team and because of this I personally can't think of one CJ game or moment off the top of my head that's epic. Congrats on going for 200 yards with a few TDs in week 7 against some team. Not his fault because it's a team game but life isn't always fair. I remember TOs performance in the SB. I remember Larry going 419 in 3 games in route to the SB. That carries weight with me.

Ok cool. So by your logic AP is better than Jim Brown. I mean, the era Jim played in was built on running the ball, and this era is "pass happy."

AND they YPG and season averages are similar..... Because ya know, the eye test doesn't matter

Jim Brown ran the Browns to championships. Has AP? As great as Calvin is nothing translated into wins.

When have we ever judged RB and WR by rings. Leave that to the QBs.

Name one team where a WR or RB CARRIED them to the Super Bowl post 1980.

Sidenote, with your logic. Largent > Moss, Owens, Fitzgerald, and Johnson

85 raiders, marcus allen, lost SB
91 bills, thurmand thomas, lost SB
93 cowboys, emmitt smith, won SB
98 broncos, terrell davis, won SB
05 seahawks, shaun alexander, lost SB

All RBs....

And I don't agree

Somehow Collector and his WR thoughts derails every time

Good news is he must love Swanny and Johnny Stallworth so it's all good to me

All those teams mentioned had multiple HOFers/All-Pros on both sides of the ball though,dunno if I'd say those squads got carried by their RB's at all. TD's 98 season is the most impressive imo but didn't Denver have a pretty great top ranked defense back then?

Last edited:
Genuinely expected the Vikes to win the SB that year, everything that happened during the season pointed to them being the team of "destiny" :lol:. Word to that walk off bullet of a pass to bum *** Greg Lewis in the back of the end zone :lol: :x

:stoneface:

@TheCollector

Irvin > Rice

My man :nthat:

Michael Irvin doesn't even believe this. In fact, he has said Jerry is the GOAT.
Deion, who covered both, has said in Michael Irvin's face that Jerry GOAT.

Who the **** let Joe Gibbs in this thread

Paul Warfield was the greatest receiver of all time. Era. Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how nt tries to discredit every legends or nfl great. Never change NT never change

I am always giving credit to past guys and showing how inflated offenses are in the present. But that doesn't mean there aren't some all time great talents and careers today

Arguably the GOAT blocking WR but that's about the only thing he has over CJ :lol:,imo

Really wish dude would've stayed and tried finding another team so that he could've played more football in January. Didn't he put up 200+ yards in his first playoff game?

Judging from a lot of comments in here,looks like he's gonna get judged harshly/unfairly for playing for a garbage organization his whole career :smh:

Last edited:
Well that's his fault though, he was supposed to carry the team and he led them to 0-16 and some garbage years

Hines was winning 15 games a year, playoff games and a SB

Last edited:
:rofl:

The convo got ridiculous last night,since when were skill position players judged like QB's :lol:

Paul Warfield undefeated > Ward's 15 wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I walk and dudes trying to argue Largent > Megatron

[vince lombardi] what the hell's going on out here [vince lombardi]

You can't blame Calvin for not having a "moment" in the playoffs when dude has played there like twice :lol:

Peyton Manning is a legend but he's no Tom Brady.

Thomas is the goat.

Manning would beat up on the AFC south for years, inflate his numbers and then continually muck it up in the playoffs.

Thomas on the other hand would wash the AFC east, then continue his washing tour throughout he playoffs.

Thomas could adapt to any offense given to him, Manning would take his offense where he went.

Thomas > Manning

Barry Sanders trash. Never played meaningful playoff games and didn't visit the Super Bowl. Also his era focused on running the ball. Joseph Addai is better. He played in one Pro Bowl and has a ring. He played with Peyton and a pass heavy offensive era, so it limited his carries from breaking the all time rushing record.

Last edited:
I walk and dudes trying to argue Largent > Megatron

[vince lombardi] what the hell's going on out here [vince lombardi]

You can't blame Calvin for not having a "moment" in the playoffs when dude has played there like twice :lol:

Dude even had a playoff moment though,he put up 211 yards and 2 TD's and his squad still lost by 2 TD's :lol:. Like what else could the man have done physically?

Last edited:
Barry Sanders trash. Never played meaningful playoff games and didn't visit the Super Bowl. Also his era focused on running the ball. Joseph Addai is better. He played in one Pro Bowl and has a ring. He played with Peyton and a pass heavy offensive era, so it limited his carries from breaking the all time rushing record.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lynn Swann

SB MVP
4 time SB champ
Ballet dancer

Who's got a better resume besides Rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom