****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

You're making me defend the NCAA which is something I don't really feel comfortable with but you have to see the other side of the coin.

If you follow European soccer or basketball, you'll see that their system is riddled with players who wash out. Once they identify talented players at 13 or 14, they put them in these Sports academies where they barely go to school and play sports all day.

For every Giannis or Tony Parker, there are hundreds of players who never played Big Time European ball or in the NBA, and they're just 18 and 19 year olds with 8th grade education.

There is no professional system that doesn't leave collateral damage. The NCAA has plenty of faults, it's exploitative and corrupt but the other systems of grooming Pro players aren't much better.

You don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point.

You made a definitive statement about Dame Liliard, Draymond Green becoming great NBA players because they stayed in college. My point is for every Dame or Dray there are plenty of guys that don’t become credible NBA players.

There is no definite path to being a serviceable NBA player. So you can’t try to say Gelo could’ve been served well staying at UCLA his full ride just because of Dame or Dray.

For all we know he can get picked up by the Spurs, get turned into a decent role player. And then what?

You don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point.

You made a definitive statement about Dame Liliard, Draymond Green becoming great NBA players because they stayed in college. My point is for every Dame or Dray there are plenty of guys that don’t become credible NBA players.

There is no definite path to being a serviceable NBA player. So you can’t try to say Gelo could’ve been served well staying at UCLA his full ride just because of Dame or Dray.

For all we know he can get picked up by the Spurs, get turned into a decent role player. And then what?

Playing for 3+ years in college helped all of those guys develop. Are you doubting that? They were much better off playing college than bouncing from league to league like Gelo.

You're right there is no definitive path, but we have a proven, well traveled path that produces many NBA stars.

Not going to play moral police and say what a family shpuld or shouldn't joke around about. We don't know how they operate.

Sure it READS badly but non-issue, we know nothing

Last edited:
Lavar is gonna mess around and get his son traded. Depending on the deal, I'm here for it as a Lakers fan. I like him alot and see the star potential but I see the major issues as well, Lavar aside.

I'd love to see Lavar try and run his shtick in a smaller market like Memphis, Charlotte or San Antonio though.

Lonzo isn't going anywhere man :lol:

Stop falling for the ********

The Lakers signed up for this. Historically, no franchise in any league has sold entertainment and sports drama like the Lakers . This is just the next evolution of that.

And the kid isn't BAD. If you think the circus is crazy now...just wait until they start winning.

Lavar is gonna mess around and get his son traded. Depending on the deal, I'm here for it as a Lakers fan. I like him alot and see the star potential but I see the major issues as well, Lavar aside.

I'd love to see Lavar try and run his shtick in a smaller market like Memphis, Charlotte or San Antonio though.
If his son gets traded it will be because of his own on court production, not what his goofy father is doing in the media

Lonzo isn't going anywhere man :lol:

Stop falling for the bull****

The Lakers signed up for this. Historically, no franchise in any league has sold entertainment and sports drama like the Lakers . This is just the next evolution of that.

And the kid isn't BAD. If you think the circus is crazy now...just wait until they start winning.

The kid isn't BAD but he's not worth the headache yet IMO. It's like Terrell Owens or Allen Iverson, teams put up with the BS because they were the best at what they did. Zo isn't there yet.

If Lebron goes to the Lakers and says "I'm coming but you need to trade Lonzo", the Lakers would do it in a second and I wouldn't blame them.

Zo can't shoot free throws or jump shots, he's not explosive enough to get by defenders and he can't finish at the basket (he even blows wide open lay-ups). Add that to the fact that he missed 30 games and already has knee issues and you'll get my point.

The kid isn't BAD but he's not worth the headache yet IMO. It's like Terrell Owens or Allen Iverson, teams put up with the BS because they were the best at what they did. Zo isn't there yet.

If Lebron goes to the Lakers and says "I'm coming but you need to trade Lonzo", the Lakers would do it in a second and I wouldn't blame them.

Zo can't shoot free throws or jump shots, he's not explosive enough to get by defenders and he can't finish at the basket (he even blows wide open lay-ups). Add that to the fact that he missed 30 games and already has knee issues and you'll get my point.

And I doubt very seriously Lebron would do that :lol:

If you read between the lines on Lebron's comments on Lonzo...he has a genuine appreciation for his basketball IQ and understands his potential. Coming from playing with someone like JR Smith...I don't doubt for one minute Lebron wouldn't want to play with guys who genuinely understand the game.

The Laker fans that are ****ting on Lonzo right now gon look real funny in the light when he starts balling and they become superfans all of a sudden :lol:

I'm calling it now

Yeah i've heard LeBron articulate wanting to play with smart players, that's why he joined Wade and Bosh as he knew them and how they saw the game. Finals would have been competitive if his team made smarter plays.

Yeah i've heard LeBron articulate wanting to play with smart players, that's why he joined Wade and Bosh as he knew them and how they saw the game. Finals would have been competitive if his team made smarter plays.

Agreed with you 100% on this. Basketball IQ on this current Lakers roster is horrible. Ball and Kuzma don't appear to have the right attitude towards the game.

giphy.gif

Wizard

If Lebron goes to LA, Zo is good as gone. Bron not gonna go hoop with a pg who can’t shoot. He’s gonna dominate the ball and when he kicks out his teammates better be ready to knock down the J

Back
Top Bottom