****The Everything LaVar Ball Thread****

Warriors to Host LiAngelo Ball for Pre-Draft Workout
Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 12.53.57 AM.png

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-to-host-LiAngelo-Ball-for-pre-draft-12949092.php

HOUSTON — Warriors head coach Steve Kerr has been a vocal critic of LaVar Ball, but that won’t keep Golden State from evaluating Ball’s middle son.

The Warriors will host LiAngelo Ball for a pre-draft workout on June 10, a source confirmed with The Chronicle. Yahoo Sports was first to report the news.

Ball declared for the NBA draft after playing professionally in Lithuania. While on a trip to China last year with UCLA, he was involved in a shoplifting scandal and suspended indefinitely. Ball left the program without having played a game.

In nine games with Vytautas Prienu, a team in the Lithuanian Basketball League, he averaged 15.7 points. It seems unlikely that Ball will be selected in the two rounds of June’s NBA draft.

That the Warriors are bringing him in for a workout is somewhat of a surprise, given Kerr’s public criticisms of LiAngel’s father, LaVar. In January, Kerr lambasted ESPN for covering Ball, whom he called "the Kardashian of the NBA."

Imagine he gets a ring his rookie year just riding the pine you wouldn’t be able to tell him **** :lol: him and melo entitled af. I really can’t fathom this kid on any nba roster being effective or even sufficient it’s crazy.

Has anyone played any of the Ball brothers? I'd imagine there are some IE members that might have. I've only seen videos, but LiAngelo looks pretty good from a technical standpoint. He has that LA post up + long range game like Paul Pierce.

Has anyone played any of the Ball brothers? I'd imagine there are some IE members that might have. I've only seen videos, but LiAngelo looks pretty good from a technical standpoint. He has that LA post up + long range game like Paul Pierce.

Have played with them for years.

Nice kicks, his start on the j looks really low. Wonder if he even gets a summer league invite.

Played in open runs back at my old school with them. He’s strong as an ox. Endurance is questionable imo.

So with Lonzo shooting 45% free throws, 30% 3’s.... if this dude don’t fix his form I don’t know how much longer he’ll be in the league..... worst FT shooter as a guard in nba history?

So with Lonzo shooting 45% free throws, 30% 3’s.... if this dude don’t fix his form I don’t know how much longer he’ll be in the league..... worst FT shooter as a guard in nba history?

Nah he's gonna have a long NBA career. He's too good at the other aspects of the game to be out of the league. This shooting form is his once liability (although its a big one). He can fix that with work.

My concern, as a Lakers fan, is that he's just going to settle in as a regular guy, not a #2 pick type player. Especially with Tatum and Mitchell playing so well, I fear we could be in a Darko/Melo/Wade situation where the Lakers look really dumb in afew years.

his shooting got better toward the end of the season iirc

he just has to be willing to put in the time to work on it

Played in open runs back at my old school with them. He’s strong as an ox. Endurance is questionable imo.

Yeah, it definitely looks like Liangelo has more of a football build. He could be a heck of a tight end of defensive end.

I heard that he's closer to 6 ft 4 that 6 ft 6. If so, he has 0 chance at the NBA level. He has combo guard size with PF game. With everyone switching the NBA, teams would isolate and attack him all game. He needs to lose 20-30 lbs and become more of a traditional guard. I know people hate the NCAA system and how it exploits kids (I hate it too) but playing in college would've helped him. He's just not ready at 20 years old. period. So many great NBA players like Dame Lillard Steph Curry, Draymond, Klay, etc honed their skills after 3+ years in college.

Let's pretend that Draymond Green was supposed to become a great NBA player after the fact. That's why all of these definitive statements are asinine.

LaVar Ball: NFL Anthem Protesters Should Find a New League If They Won't Stand

PETRAS MALUKAS/Getty Images

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-should-find-a-new-league-if-they-wont-stand

LaVar Ball said NFL players should follow the league's new protocol for the national anthem—stand on the sideline or remain in the locker room—or "get out their league."

On Saturday, TMZ Sports passed along comments from the always outspoken Ball, who noted players in his new Junior Basketball Association won't be allowed to kneel during the anthem.

"It's their league," he said of the NFL. "If you don't want to do it, get out their league."

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell released a statement about the updated anthem rules, which allow the league to fine teams that have players kneeling while the anthem plays. Further, individual organizations can levy a financial penalty against players who don't abide:

"The policy adopted today was approved in concert with the NFL's ongoing commitment to local communities and our country—one that is extraordinary in its scope, resources and alignment with our players. We are dedicated to continuing our collaboration with players to advance the goals of justice and fairness in all corners of our society.

"It was unfortunate that on-field protests created a false perception among many that thousands of NFL players were unpatriotic. This is not and was never the case."

The National Football League Players Association issued a press release stating it would "challenge any aspect of [the anthem policy] that is inconsistent with the collective bargaining agreement."

It's been a hot-button topic for the league since former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick started the movement in August 2016 during a preseason game.

It has also been a frequent target of United States President Donald Trump, who called last year for NFL owners to fire players who knelt for the anthem.

A CNN poll in September showcased the polarizing nature of the issue, with 49 percent of respondents calling the anthem protests the "wrong thing" to do and 43 percent saying it's the "right thing."

On Saturday, TMZ Sports passed along comments from the always outspoken Ball, who noted players in his new Junior Basketball Association won't be allowed to kneel during the anthem.

Can’t support this man anymore :smh:

Let's pretend that Draymond Green was supposed to become a great NBA player after the fact. That's why all of these definitive statements are asinine.

No one is pretending he was supposed to be a great NBA prospect. He was a second round pick for a reason. I'm saying that he would have no NBA career at all if he would've came out after his freshman year. Dame was averaging 11 ppg in the Big Sky Conference at 19, imagine where he'd be now if he would've declared after his freshman year.

There are only 15-20 players in the country who are NBA ready at 19 or 20 and Gelo isn't one of them. He was a long shot to make the NBA regardless and now his shot is basically 0. As corrupt and exploitative as the NCAA system is, it helps alot of NBA players develop. His father is doing him a disservice why jurking him around from college, to Lithuania to to NBA combine workouts and now (most likely) to the JBA.

So now let’s take about all the 4 year seniors that don’t make it to the NBA and/or wash out.

And as in the case of most 2nd Round draft picks and/or undrafted guys, it’ll will depend on his insividual work ethic in addition to what environment he gets placed into

So now let’s take about all the 4 year seniors that don’t make it to the NBA and/or wash out.

And as in the case of most 2nd Round draft picks and/or undrafted guys, it’ll will depend on his insividual work ethic in addition to what environment he gets placed into

You're making me defend the NCAA which is something I don't really feel comfortable with but you have to see the other side of the coin.

If you follow European soccer or basketball, you'll see that their system is riddled with players who wash out. Once they identify talented players at 13 or 14, they put them in these Sports academies where they barely go to school and play sports all day.

For every Giannis or Tony Parker, there are hundreds of players who never played Big Time European ball or in the NBA, and they're just 18 and 19 year olds with 8th grade education.

There is no professional system that doesn't leave collateral damage. The NCAA has plenty of faults, it's exploitative and corrupt but the other systems of grooming Pro players aren't much better.

You're making me defend the NCAA which is something I don't really feel comfortable with but you have to see the other side of the coin.

If you follow European soccer or basketball, you'll see that their system is riddled with players who wash out. Once they identify talented players at 13 or 14, they put them in these Sports academies where they barely go to school and play sports all day.

For every Giannis or Tony Parker, there are hundreds of players who never played Big Time European ball or in the NBA, and they're just 18 and 19 year olds with 8th grade education.

There is no professional system that doesn't leave collateral damage. The NCAA has plenty of faults, it's exploitative and corrupt but the other systems of grooming Pro players aren't much better.

Or they end up playing professionally at a low level for a few years making the equivalent of say $40k US and sure they can do that for 10-15 years. But what skills do they have to then find a job or career that pays them well for the next 30 years before they can retire?

People forget about the other 99% of professional athletes.

LaVar Ball: NFL Anthem Protesters Should Find a New League If They Won't Stand

PETRAS MALUKAS/Getty Images

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-should-find-a-new-league-if-they-wont-stand

He's modeling his League after the NBA, so I'm not surprised that he's trying to have similar rules.

I find it ironic, that you rails against the establishment of the NCAA won't allow the players in his lead to express themselves. Honestly, it would be a good business move and bring publicity to the jba if they ran counter to the major Pro Sports and openly allowed and maybe even encourage players to express themselves.

Back
Top Bottom