The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Patrick Crayton Interview...He doesn't seem to care for Garrett too much

Ex-Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton: Jerry Jones, not Jason Garrett, behind Cowboys' midseason turnaround
Former Cowboys wide receiver Patrick Crayton took some time out of his day to visit with the Ben and Skin Show (KESN-FM) on Friday afternoon. Aside from talking about his first season with the San Diego Chargers, Crayton also discussed the departure of Ray Sherman and the differences between Tony Romo and Phillip Rivers:

If Jason Garrett fails as Cowboys head coach, it will be because:

"What words am I allowed to say on the radio? Karma is a... [There could be some bad mojo going on from the Garrett side of things]. That would be one side of it. The other would be players not responding to him in a positive way. They responded, I believe, this past season because of the guy who signs the checks, Jerry Jones. He's a true players owner. But when he comes in in an authoritative way, you tend to listen."

The differences between playing with Tony Romo and Phillip Rivers:

"... Romo is a big, athletic guy. He extends plays with his feet, which is one of his strong points. Phillip (Rivers) is more of a pocket passer. He's one of those guys that you know is going to throw; he led the league with 4,700-plus yard passing this year, and he's throwing that ball to everyone -- which is great. When you run a route, you better be cognoscente that the ball could be coming your way. He's also a little trash talker, but that's the competitive juices in him."

Thoughts on receiver Dez Bryant:

"... They let him get away with a lot of stuff. A lot of stuff. Hopefully whoever they bring in as receivers coach -- and they say Garrett is a disciplinarian -- won't let him get away with so much stuff. He'll get locked down and hopefully be the next Michael Irvin."

For some reason, and don't get me wrong I love Dez and hes my new favorite player next to T.O., but I get the feeling Crayton might be right. He did have alot of sideline rants this year especially in the Saints game.

But Crayton is a punk hes just mad cuz hes #5 on the depth chart in San Diego.

And just read this. I will literally fly to Dallas and slap Jerry if this does happen:

Dez Bryant, trade bait?

Please, don't shoot the messenger here, I'm just relaying what I heard on the "Ben & Skin" show this morning. But....

Apparently just about everyone within the Cowboys organization is very very weary about Dez Bryant.

Its even gotten so bad that those "sources" aren't even saying "if", but "when".

Because of that, its RUMORED that Dez might be trade bait for us moving UP in the draft to select one of the real "playmakers" of the draft.

While I find this rumor to be highly unlikely, I do think the real test of whether or not the Cowboys trust Dez is what the front office desires to do with Roy.

If the overpaid Roy Williams sticks around, especially if he does not restructure his contract, that, I believe, will show a major trust issue regarding Dez.

If Roy is released or traded, then I think it will show a complete sign of trust in Dez, as we have next to nothing behind the "Big 3" right now.

Again, please don't shoot the messenger.

You'd have to imagine they're not gonna get value for him if they do decide to move him... There was a reason he fell all the way to #22...

On Crayton... Needs to just shut up... You're gone. You're not here anymore. Shut up.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

You'd have to imagine they're not gonna get value for him if they do decide to move him... There was a reason he fell all the way to #22...
this is just sad to think about
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MPire

And just read this. I will literally fly to Dallas and slap Jerry if this does happen:

Dez Bryant, trade bait?

Please, don't shoot the messenger here, I'm just relaying what I heard on the "Ben & Skin" show this morning. But....

Apparently just about everyone within the Cowboys organization is very very weary about Dez Bryant.

Its even gotten so bad that those "sources" aren't even saying "if", but "when".

Because of that, its RUMORED that Dez might be trade bait for us moving UP in the draft to select one of the real "playmakers" of the draft.

While I find this rumor to be highly unlikely, I do think the real test of whether or not the Cowboys trust Dez is what the front office desires to do with Roy.

If the overpaid Roy Williams sticks around, especially if he does not restructure his contract, that, I believe, will show a major trust issue regarding Dez.

If Roy is released or traded, then I think it will show a complete sign of trust in Dez, as we have next to nothing behind the "Big 3" right now.

Again, please don't shoot the messenger.

If this is true, I won't be surprised in the least bit
tired.gif

The rest of the statement applies if the rumor is true.

They are literally pulling the whole Cowboys organization into irrelevancy..

Dez and Miles are 2 deep threats, who can both put up big numbers. And spread the field to give easier passes for Witten, and someone like Roy E.

HORSE $%%% if they trade Dez.

laugh.gif
I don't believe for a second jerry is thinking about getting rid of dez

Come on y'all its the offseason, they need a story/speculation, and they got it with this
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Wait, what did Dez do/say?!
"Okay to add so what's been said already on the Ben and Skin show, this is the information they are getting from Valley Ranch, from both front office and current players, are Dez:

1. Sleeps during meetings
2. Late for practices
3. Late for rehab sessions during both injuries
4. The reason he was much better with Kitna is because Kitna had to tell which route Dez was running on EVERY play. This info coming from multiple players in the huddle with them.

According to Brian Broddus, there is "dark clouds" swirling around Dez, and front office guys wake up each morning and ask themselves "is today the day?".

Also, the biggest reason why Ray Sherman was fired is because he babied Dez too much.

Plus, APPARENTLY, again just repeating what I heard, if Jason Garrett truely has "total control of his players" like Jerry said, Dez will not be a Cowboy in 2011 if they can get a trade similar to what we gave up for Roy. The RHG does not want any "Jerry's kids" on his team.

Take it for what its worth. "

The only reason I give this rumor some sort of legitimacy is because of Crayton's comments about Dez getting away with alot. Then they fire Ray Sherman, who has a similar type of mentality as Wade. Supposedly he acted as the "mediator" so to speak when T.O. and Garrett would clash in terms of the direction of the offense. I dunno jjust seems like little pieces are everywhere and some of them actually can come together. I don't see them getting rid of Dez but Garrett does seem like a "no nonsense" type of guy and really admires Jimmy Johnson. Add in the fact Garrett is the reason why T.O. was no longer a Cowboy, despite how hard Jerry wanted to keep him.

Im praying that these clowns dont get rid of the ONE guy that showed passion when we were 1-7; only guy that didn't throw in the towel.

Originally Posted by MPire

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Wait, what did Dez do/say?!
"Okay to add so what's been said already on the Ben and Skin show, this is the information they are getting from Valley Ranch, from both front office and current players, are Dez:

1. Sleeps during meetings
2. Late for practices
3. Late for rehab sessions during both injuries
4. The reason he was much better with Kitna is because Kitna had to tell which route Dez was running on EVERY play. This info coming from multiple players in the huddle with them.

According to Brian Broddus, there is "dark clouds" swirling around Dez, and front office guys wake up each morning and ask themselves "is today the day?".

Also, the biggest reason why Ray Sherman was fired is because he babied Dez too much.

Plus, APPARENTLY, again just repeating what I heard, if Jason Garrett truely has "total control of his players" like Jerry said, Dez will not be a Cowboy in 2011 if they can get a trade similar to what we gave up for Roy. The RHG does not want any "Jerry's kids" on his team.

Take it for what its worth. "

The only reason I give this rumor some sort of legitimacy is because of Crayton's comments about Dez getting away with alot. Then they fire Ray Sherman, who has a similar type of mentality as Wade. Supposedly he acted as the "mediator" so to speak when T.O. and Garrett would clash in terms of the direction of the offense. I dunno jjust seems like little pieces are everywhere and some of them actually can come together. I don't see them getting rid of Dez but Garrett does seem like a "no nonsense" type of guy and really admires Jimmy Johnson. Add in the fact Garrett is the reason why T.O. was no longer a Cowboy, despite how hard Jerry wanted to keep him.

Im praying that these clowns dont get rid of the ONE guy that showed passion when we were 1-7; only guy that didn't throw in the towel.
With every news story, no matter how outlandish they may seem, has varying degrees of truth to them. I'm willing to bet that Dez has done everything they reported on that list once or twice but to say he was that way all the time may be far fetched. It will be interesting to see how he matures and develops this offseason.

With regards to Jason Garrett, I think judgement should be held until he's able to complete a full offseason under his command. Very much in the way people questioned Romo's abilities after he took over midway through the 2006 season. The 2007 season for him was his chance to showcase what he could (or couldn't) do. Either way, I'm cautiously optimistic for the Cowboys in 2011!

Yup I'm pretty sure the reason why Garrett didn't want Ray Sherman back is because he was too soft with the WRs. I don't think he was that great anyway, once you get past his resume...Todd Haley was much better as WR coach.

Still waiting for Campo and Brett Maxie to get the boot. I really hope Jerry doesn't force Rob Ryan to keep Campo on staff.

Loving the changes on the coaching staff. They got Brian Baker to be the DLine coach and are looking to pull Mike Woicik away from the Pats. He's the best strength and conditioning coach in the league...this would be a HUGE pickup. They're looking to change the culture of the team and make them more physical, this is the right step 
pimp.gif

How y'all feel about shaun rogers?, depending on what type of $$ he may be asking for, he just may be the perfect man for the job IMO

The addition of Shaun Rogers would make that d-line NASTY 
sick.gif
. It would take some of the double teams off Ratliff and let him move to DE. I love all the moves Garrett has made so far. Can't wait for the combine/draft. 

As far as a real nose tackle goes, I figured that bringing Rob Ryan in from the Browns might make trading for Ahtyba Rubin a possibility.

He came out of nowhere and played like an All-Pro, though. I can't imagine the Browns are in any hurry to get rid of one of the few talented players they have.

Can't believe this thread is so quiet.

We have greatly improved our coaching staff and IF there is a NFL I am already excited for it.

We cant let go of Dez. Like someone said earlier he was the only one showing effort and playing when everyone else threw the white flag. Actually met Dez a couple of days ago at North Park. He was up there buying the all star game kicks. Real cool and humble guy. I cant wait for the season to start. The need to quit B*(($#!ting and come up with an agreement so we can have a football season. Real excited about all the coaching moves also.

I wouldn't mind OJ but I really think we've got to at least acknowledge the safety position in the draft. We haven't drafted a prospective starter at safety since Roy.

I think they might lean towards Michael Huff or Brodney Pool if they go that route in FA because of the ties with Rob Ryan. I prefer the draft too...either Rahim Moore or Deunta Williams (depending on how he looks recovering from the injury). I really want them to trade down and try to get an extra 2nd. OLine, DLine, and safety should be the first three picks IMO. I know the CBs were bad but I think a better front seven and Rob Ryan's blitz schemes will help them out + if it's not Patrick Peterson then I don't want a CB in the 1st round. 

Back
Top Bottom