The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

I thought McCann did a great job Sunday night. Considering he was a backup entering the game, the fact that he had studied and knew that Nicks was going inside because of the jukes is impressive for a rookie.

Barber switched his whole style up. Its actually kinda sad.

Dude's intensity is unmatched..at times
I know its its nitpicky but one thing that just seems wierd to me about Barber: whenever he gets hit hard
he'll jump up and get hype with the dude and smack his helmet and all that. It just seems off, especially
now that he rarely trucks any dudes like he used to.

Thoughts On Singletary? I just like the man, because hes gets in the players !!*es, instead of cupcake wade, let them smile at their mistakes.. nah singletary lets you know what you did within seconds..

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by one1 1 1

so who are we getting in the draft!

Hopefully Patrick Peterson...

dudespraying.gif

Originally Posted by The Kid Fiasco

Thoughts On Singletary? I just like the man, because hes gets in the players !!*es, instead of cupcake wade, let them smile at their mistakes.. nah singletary lets you know what you did within seconds..

Wade's been gone for like two months now. Besides I think Garrett has done enough but I think Jerry will weigh all options. I see differently with Singletary, I see a guy that doesn't quite know how to handle the personalities of today's players. Eventually players will stop responding to the yelling and tune him out. Probably one of the reasons why dude is getting canned.

Hell no on Singletary... I'd rather keep Garrett...

If Jeff Fisher comes available, I'd bet that's Jerry's guy.

I have no problem keeping jason garrett as the head coach as long as we get a new defensive coordinator. jason garrett has put in his time, proves thats hes an offensive genius (had kitna putting up 30 points and mcgee leading game winning drives), he just obviously sucks at defense

I think it has to do with personnel more than anything right now ... And that falls on the shoulders of Jerry Jones accepting the advice of his "trusted" coaching staff that alan ball is a starting safety in this league and Keith brooking is a starting lb ...

Also, Newman and Jenkins have regressed so much that it is hard to fault the coordinator or hold him accountable ... With injuries and a brand new LT the offense has looked pretty solid so Garrett can have credit for that ... But on the defensive side of the ball we are playing with one decent secondary player and a half a lb ... Spencer needs to get his *$*+ together as well or else instead of prince or PP we take the dude from a&m ...

Singletary is terrible...I don't even think he's qualified to be a defensive coordinator. He's not much of an X's and O's guy. For the draft, I'd be happy with any of them:

-Patrick Peterson
-Prince
-Robert Quinn
-D'quan Bowers
-Nick Fairley
-Stephen Paea

Man, If Jeff Fisher, SOMEHOW, becomes available, I'll be ALL for it.. always been my fav HC. But i really don't think TENN would let him go..

Michael Lombardi reported on Gameday Morning that Garrett would be retained as HC.

Kinda surprising given all the big name coaches that are out there but I don't have a problem with it.

A good DC is a must though.

they said one of the main reasons jerry would keep him is because of the lockout.

i still wish he would wait and see if jeff fisher is let go by the titans and go after him.

Jerry said the report wasn't true, didn't he?

Maybe it is, but they still have to go through the process of interviewing others. Somebody could come in and change minds.

PHILADELPHIA -- Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Sunday he wants to move quickly in terms of finding the next coach -- maybe as soon as this week.

Speaking before the Cowboys-Eagles game, Jones said he has not interviewed any candidates but plans on doing so once the regular season ends.

"I just think it's in our best interest to go ahead and get a decision made as soon as we can," Jones said outside the Cowboys locker room at Lincoln Financial Field. "And I will move on that kind of basis and work real hard to get a decision made as early as we can."

Multiple sources said interim coach Jason Garrett is the leading candidate to get the job, but Jones wants to go through the interview process and it most likely will start with wide receivers coach Ray Sherman.

Jones said he plans on speaking with Sherman about the position soon, but didn't want to do it this past week to cause any distractions from the preparations for the Eagles game.

Jones said he wants to comply with the Rooney Rule, which requires NFL teams to interview minority coaches for head coaching jobs. Sherman would meet that requirement. But Jones has also said he wants to interview another minority candidate and possibly a few other coaches. He does not, however, plan on interviewing a large number of coaches, like he did in 2007.

After Bill Parcells retired from coaching, Jones interviewed 10 candidates before settling on Wade Phillips.

Jones fired Phillips after a 45-7 loss to the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 8.

With Garrett in charge, the Cowboys have gone 4-3. But with a loss on Sunday, they could finish last in the NFC East.

Several NFL teams will have head coach openings after the season and it seems Jones is trying to move fast prevent Garrett from getting away from him.

Jones did say it was unfair to think he's made a decision on who the next coach will be.

"I don't think I would want to talk about that at all because that wouldn't be fair to anything we might do in the interviewing process," he said. "But certainly I've had a good chance and an opportunity to watch Jason as a head coach and watch what he's doing and that's been a plus."

Garrett was not available to talk to reporters before Sunday's game.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com.

Glad we ended on a good note.

If i play in the secondary im not answering the phone, might be getting cut
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

McGee > Kitna > Romo.

pimp.gif

and Romo had me thinking Witten was washed up ... you saw who Kitna and McGee relied on the most ... a TE is a quarterbacks best friend and maybe Romo needs to remember that next year ...

PHILADELPHIA -- With Sunday’s 14-13 win against Philadelphia, the Cowboys avoided last place in the NFC East and will play a third-place schedule in 2010.

In addition to playing their NFC East rivals twice a year, the Cowboys will play St. Louis, Seattle, Buffalo, Miami and Detroit at home and Arizona, San Francisco, New England, New York Jets and Tampa Bay on the road in 2011.

The Cowboys finished third in the NFC East because of a 3-3 division record. Washington, which also finished 6-10, was 2-4 in the division.

Next year’s schedule features only four teams that made the postseason in 2010 -- New England, the Jets, Philadelphia and the St. Louis-Seattle winner. This year the Cowboys played five teams that made the playoffs -- Chicago, Philadelphia, Indianapolis, New Orleans and Green Bay.

Opponents for next year.  I guess there is something good about finishing 3rd in the division
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom