The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

it might even have just moved us backwards for the next 8 games.
Does anybody care about the next eight games?

I sure don't. The season is over, as far as I'm concerned. The list of players and coaches that should return next season is already small enough; I'm not sure it can get much worse.

As far as the next head coach goes, I don't know what my preference is. I agree a little bit with CP, and a little bit with Mike. My gut tells me to go with new blood who will change the entire environment of this team, but it's so hard to say right now.

My issue is I feel (know) Jerry made the move just to get the hounds (fans/analysts) off his back. This does nothing, and
a more impactful move would've been to take it to the players. Alot of starters aren't getting it down, so sit em.

Just some jumbled thoughts
- All last year Ken Hamlin was whiffing tackles and blowing coverages, and he never drove on the ball I figured he had a play on.
Ball found a way to play worse.
- Jenkins definitely needs to be sat down a game. This is the 2nd time he's pulled that stunt.
-Mcann looked nice on the kickoffs. I'd like to see him full time on KR's
-Dez is the only bright spot this season. I can't even fault him for muffing that kick and against the Vikings when he got tackled at the 2.
Plays like that are when he tries too hard to a fault.

you dont think we know this?

we turned it around when BP ran the team and jones sat his @%* down. we where great when johnson ran the front office and jones sat his @%* down.

we all know this. and jerry started to learn since he has let his son take over player moves

These dudes comin in here thinking they're saying something revelational. Just give em the
eek.gif
pimp.gif
's they want so bad.

Cowher or Gruden would be good...but I just wonder who they would bring in as DC. **** LeBeau or Monte Kiffin won't be coming with them. It's gotta be between those two though...I don't see Jerry starting from scratch and hiring a Lezlie Frazier or Ron Rivera.

can the NT Cowboys brethren get one question answered whether it be via twitter, inside source, mortensen, ed werder, hell WHOEVER ... here it is ...

WHO MADE THE DECISION THAT ALAN BALL WAS A STARTING SAFETY IN THIS LEAGUE? and if anyone gets the answer i have this follow up question ... WHO THE %%%! THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WISE TO GO INTO A SEASON IN THE NFL WITH 3 CORNERS ON YOUR ROSTER?

thats all i want to know ... thats the only question mark i have this season ... i really want to know who or what combination of people made those decisions ... i feel bad for wade but he wasnt getting it done ... garrett #$$%@%$ sucks and if hes our coach next season we are %%!%$! ... but all that aside, who made those personnel decisions ... i would really like to know ... who in the hell sat there and actually came to that "informed conclusion" ...

Pretty clear they crossed their fingers and said their prayers with Ball...

As far as another coach... I could almost get behind what CP is saying and go with Harbaugh... With Cowher, I just don't know how interested I am with LeBeau. Gruden just doesn't do much for me and Shanahan was the same way...

I want new blood. I love Harbaugh as a college coach, and I have my reservations about how he'd translate over, but I think I'd be more excited about that than a lot of the other options out there.

^
Thing that always concerns me for college coaches is are they doing it for the money?  Look what Saban did to us.  He couldn't say no to that money, but first chance he got, he ran back to the security of college/SEC football.  And he was actually doing a solid job in the pros.  

With Harbaugh, and his brother being in the NFL already, it's almost as if it's a family thing where it's in their blood.  They actually love to coach.  So I don't think he would bail or slack off, I think he would actually work his @#$ off to get the team in the right direction. 

I watched (and liked) Josh McDaniels enery last year in Denver, I think they just screwed up givin him too much responsibility and he sorta ran out his 2 best players, and that was that.  But early on, he was exactly what Denver needed. 

Get Jim a legit GM, just let him coach and coach only, and I think he could be a solid coach in the NFL, question will be if he actually wants too or not.  But if I can go from Stanford with my stud QB leavin, to the Dallas Cowboys, I gotta take a look at that don't I? 

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

can the NT Cowboys brethren get one question answered whether it be via twitter, inside source, mortensen, ed werder, hell WHOEVER ... here it is ...

WHO MADE THE DECISION THAT ALAN BALL WAS A STARTING SAFETY IN THIS LEAGUE? and if anyone gets the answer i have this follow up question ... WHO THE %%%! THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WISE TO GO INTO A SEASON IN THE NFL WITH 3 CORNERS ON YOUR ROSTER?

thats all i want to know ... thats the only question mark i have this season ... i really want to know who or what combination of people made those decisions ... i feel bad for wade but he wasnt getting it done ... garrett #$$%@%$ sucks and if hes our coach next season we are %%!%$! ... but all that aside, who made those personnel decisions ... i would really like to know ... who in the hell sat there and actually came to that "informed conclusion" ...
Found this...
"I know he's a football player," said secondary coach Dave Campo,referring to Ball's toughness and savvy. "That's 90 percent of it in mymind. I know the guy loves to play the game. He's smart; he's going tobe where he's supposed to be; he's picking up everything; he's veryphysical; he's kind of a ballhawk; and he's handling everythingmentally.

"As far as I'm concerned, I feel very good about him."

laugh.gif

And if Jerry insists on keeping himself as the GM, it won't matter who we bring in.

I don't see Jerry bringing in a new GM and a new coach. It'll either be a figurehead or a big name to assume most of the duties. I just want to beat the damn Giants.

Dez Bryant: 41 grabs 539 yards 5TDs ... 2 PR TDs ... ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and let's be real, that is still jason garrett ... i'm not buying it ... ... ... yet ...

I'm going with 5-11 this year.... (Lions, ********, Cards should be wins) (Saints, Colts, 2 Eagles games will be losses) Although it is plausible that we steal one from the Eagles but probably not...

Anywhere between 6th - 10th pick..

We'll See How the year shapes out to figure out what we'll ultimately need (as it stands Safeties, Offensive Lineman, Middle Linebacker)

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

...Y are all the boys fans gettin wild over there 2nd win...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...better luck next season...
i understand if people hate the Cowboys, but comments like this make no sense to me ... who got "wild" over a 2nd win anywhere in S&T? i mean seriously reevaluate your life broski ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Dez Bryant: 41 grabs 539 yards 5TDs ... 2 PR TDs ... ROY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimp.gif

I've said this before, Dez is the only bright spot in this miserable season.

http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl
Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III was fined an undisclosed amount for failing to comply with interim head coach Jason Garrett'snew dress code for charter flights, according to two sources, reportsTim MacMahon, of ESPNDallas.com. Barber was one of several playersfined for various disciplinary infractions, according to the sources."We lay out expectations for our players for all different kinds ofbehaviors," Garrett said. "There will be consequences if they don'tfollow those procedures, and we'll keep those consequences in-house."

I wonder who else and what for?

Anyway, did Wade ever fine anyone? I don't recall.

Sorry Barber, your weird little antics about not speaking to the media and quiet guy persona dont get you out of this one ... follow the rules and shut up ...

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

http://www.kffl.com/team/14/nfl
Dallas Cowboys RB Marion Barber III was fined an undisclosed amount for failing to comply with interim head coach Jason Garrett'snew dress code for charter flights, according to two sources, reportsTim MacMahon, of ESPNDallas.com. Barber was one of several playersfined for various disciplinary infractions, according to the sources."We lay out expectations for our players for all different kinds ofbehaviors," Garrett said. "There will be consequences if they don'tfollow those procedures, and we'll keep those consequences in-house."

I wonder who else and what for?

Anyway, did Wade ever fine anyone? I don't recall.
Barber wore jeans with his coat and tie, that's why he was fined.  Pretty disappointing considering he's a "captain".  I wouldn't have been mad at Garrett if he benched Barber for the first half, or the whole game actually.  If you're a captain, you follow the rules, no if's and's but's about it.  Barber didn't necessarily start, since he wasn't in on the first play of the game, but he was in on the second play.  Guess that was Garrett's message, along with the fine..

I don't think any other names have been released as far as fines.... But atleast Garrett is holding these dudes accountable.  We know damn well Wade wouldn't have done !*$$.

Hopefully we beat up on the Lions this week, and then see how we do against the Saints on Turkey Day.  Think 8-8 makes the playoffs??
roll.gif

Garrett is gonna come in here busting balls over that kinda stuff... It's the easiest way to send a message and let them dudes know all the lackadaisical ****** ain't gonna fly anymore...

I was diggin less Barber and more Felix on Sunday. Hoping that keeps up and wasn't just a one-time disciplinary thing.

I guess I was kind of digging more Felix on Sunday.  Obviously he had the huge screen pass for a TD, but other than that I wasn't super impressed.  A lot of 2-3 yard runs, from what I remember.  I'm still a huge fan of Tashard, but obviously the coaching staff knows something I don't, so I have pretty much given up on him being any part of this offense. 

Barber did look good on the last drive or two.  When he decides to run straight, he is one of the best.  If it's 3rd and short, or 2 and <4, Barber should be in.  I don't care if the defense knows what's coming.  Dude's intensity is unmatched..at times.  Barber and Felix are great compliments IMO, I just don't think they've been used properly yet.

If garrett can fix this and be a good coach i have no problem having him stay on board and guide this team back to the promise land.

And so much for every one wanting felix out of here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Id like to see Mccain step up this week to put the heat on these bummy Vets like newman.

Back
Top Bottom