The Dallas Cowboys ... vol. Wrap This Thing Up, Who To Draft?

Random notes from the past few weeks:

- Romo is "back to normal."
- Barber and Davis may be released. Barber was "detained" by police last night, by the way.
- There is interest in Shaun Rogers and OJ Atogwe.
- Ratliff will stay at nose, no matter what.
ohwell.gif

- Free may be tagged.
- John Phillips might move to fullback. I love this. That kid is a football player and needs to be on the field more than he was before he got hurt.
- Brooking is "in the team's plans" for next year.
tired.gif

- James played most of the season with a sprained PCL.
- We hired Packers' assistant, Jimmy Robinson, to fill the receivers coach position.

Eric Weddle
OJ
Huff
Quintin Mikell
Donte Whitner

i would look at all of them as FA signing for saftey

unless we trade back no way the cowboys take moore or williams that high.

Lets say we do draft prince or PP at 9. do we move newmen to saftey and let him play the Charles woodson role?

please tell me we hired a new OL coach?

It seems like Jerry isn't going to give Sense the kind of deal he might want. 
indifferent.gif

I can't imagine he would ask for anything unreasonable.

No talks with Atogwe yet, either.

Lobbying ploy maybe to get the Skins or someone drafting behind them take to take the bait and possibly trade up so they can get more picks. Willing to bet Romo (barring injury) is under center start of next season.

SMH at ESPN putting this on front page about the Boys interviewing him like they will be the only top 10 team that will be interviewing Cam. Ciskowski said it's just due dilligence anyway.

The only position they should be looking at on offense is OL if there not going to get anyone to help the D out. Shouldn't be looking at any other offensive skill position. Put up 27 a game on average with 3 different QBs, what more can you ask for.

We'll probably end up with Abram Elam at safety
ohwell.gif
For the draft, they really can't go wrong as long as they address OLine, DLine, and secondary within the first three rounds. Jerry needs to stop being hesitant to draft OLinemen early.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Eric Weddle
OJ
Huff
Quintin Mikell
Donte Whitner

i would look at all of them as FA signing for saftey

unless we trade back no way the cowboys take moore or williams that high.

Lets say we do draft prince or PP at 9. do we move newmen to saftey and let him play the Charles woodson role?

please tell me we hired a new OL coach?

This is a full list (Tanard/Weddle- Manning/Ndukwe for me):

Free safeties:

» Jordan Babineaux, Seahawks
» Sean Considine, Jaguars
» Reed Doughty, ********
» Abram Elam, Browns
» Hiram Eugene, Raiders
» Dashon Goldson, 49ers
» Ken Hamlin, Ravens
» Antoine Harris, Eagles
» James Ihedigbo, Jets
» Tanard Jackson, Buccaneers
» Michael Johnson, Giants
» Jon McGraw, Chiefs
» Paul Oliver, Chargers
» Jarrad Page, Patriots
» Darren Sharper, Saints
» Eric Weddle, Chargers
» John Wendling, Lions
» Gibril Wilson, Bengals
» Usama Young, Saints

Strong safeties:

» Hamza Abdullah, Cardinals
» Atari Bigby, Packers
» C.C. Brown, Lions
» Melvin Bullitt, Colts
» Josh Bullocks, Bears
» Eric Frampton, Vikings
» Deon Grant, Giants
» Roman Harper, Saints
» Marcus Hudson, Panthers
» Dawan Landry, Ravens
» Michael Lewis, 49ers
» Danieal Manning, Bears
» Quintin Mikell, Eagles
» Chinedum Ndukwe, Bengals
» Donnie Nickey, Titans
» Charlie Peprah, Packers
» Sabby Piscitelli, Buccaneers
» Bernard Pollard, Texans
» Brodney Pool, Jets
» Pierson Prioleau, Saints
» Chris Reis, Saints
» Gerald Sensabaugh, Cowboys
» Anthony Smith, Packers
» Eric Smith, Jets
» Nick Sorensen, Browns
» Matt Ware, Cardinals
» Roy Williams, Bengals
» George Wilson, Bills

Tanard is suspended indefinitely, though. He would probably be my number one choice.

Give me Weddle, and re-sign Sense. I don't imagine either happening.

Roethlisberger was allowed to be with the team in the offseason and preseason.
Tanard signs, gets in the drug abuse program, practices in offseason preseason, starts season suspended,
applies for re-instatement, gets handed another 4, 6 games.

We could have him for the last half of the season and playoffs if we make it.

Cowboys have been very good at getting "troubled" players to behave for at least a season. Plus I know
at least up to last year we we're tied for least player arrest since 02 or 03.

If I'm Jerry I'm in Goodell's ear about that.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Dallas Cowboys will let defensive end Marcus Spears and safety Gerald Sensabaugh test the free agent marketplace before offering those players new deals, if at all, a source close to the team said Monday.

The Cowboys have interviewed several defensive ends and safeties at the Senior Bowl and national scouting combine as possible replacements.

Spears, who was drafted 20th overall in the 2005 draft, proved to be a productive player for the Cowboys yet was replaced in the starting lineup by Stephen Bowen after suffering a left calf strain. Spears, who has eight sacks and 16 tackles for loss in his career, was placed on injured reserve Nov. 10.

[h4]More on the Cowboys[/h4]
dal.gif

Calvin Watkins, Tim MacMahon and Todd Archer have the Dallas Cowboys blanketed for ESPNDallas.com. Blog
More: ESPN Dallas

Spears was irked before the start of the 2010 season, when the team tendered him at original draft pick level ($1.226 million) for the 2010 season. That offer was lower than backups Jason Hatcher and Bowen received via second-round tender deals.

Spears said during the season he wants to return, but he's seeking a long-term contract and was willing to test free agency.

Sensabaugh signed with the Cowboys in 2009 after spending four seasons with the Jacksonville Jaguars. He started 14 games in 2009 and had only one interception but 10 pass breakups.

In 2010, Sensabaugh tied for the team lead with five interceptions, but the secondary struggled as the Cowboys allowed 57 plays of 20 or more yards. The Cowboys want to lower these numbers and believe a better pass rush and improved play overall at the safety and cornerback positions can help.

The Cowboys may go the free-agent route to address needs at the safety spot. Danieal Manning, O.J. Atogwe and Abram Elam could be possible fits.

Manning is expected to be a restricted free agent. If that's the case, the Cowboys would have to offer some compensation to the Chicago Bears. But Manning, a native of from Corsicana, Texas, has a desire to play for the Cowboys. Elam played for the Cowboys in 2006.

New Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan coached Elam last season in Cleveland.

Calvin Watkins covers the Cowboys for ESPNDallas.com

man i've been so tied up in work i havent been on here in ages ...

Jerry Jones needs to do something ... sign sense at least for some insurance ...

Don't think there cutting Roy. WR becomes an even bigger need. I'm not convinced Ogletree, Manny Johnson, Teddy Wiliams, or Holley can step in and be a consistent 3 WR that can start if Dez or Miles gets hurt. They will have to eat $12 million then have to go out and spend more money at that position. Their focus in the draft and free agency should go to defense and OL.

so all this talk about Dez being traded if he keeps up his act he might just get cut. it never fails with the Cowboys there always in the news and its never anything good and it seems to happen every year. its not he fact that he was shagging its the point to were he was cusing at the police.

Cowboys’ Dez Bryant gets trespass warning at NorthPark mall

By TANYA EISERER and RICHARD ABSHIRE

Staff Writers

Published 22 March 2011 06:24 PM

Off-duty Dallas police officers working security at NorthPark Center on Saturday issued Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant a criminal trespass warning.

According to police reports, Bryant gave a profanity-laced response after he and three friends were asked to pull up their pants to cover their underwear.

Bryant cursed at officers and said he wouldn’t leave until his representative or his attorney arrived, authorities said. After getting his car from valet parking, Bryant sat in the car in a fire lane until friends finally persuaded him to leave, according to police.

A police report said Bryant “has had a pattern of behavior at NorthPark Center involving security/off-duty police.

Originally Posted by manny1

so all this talk about Dez being traded if he keeps up his act he might just get cut. it never fails with the Cowboys there always in the news and its never anything good and it seems to happen every year. its not he fact that he was shagging its the point to were he was cusing at the police.

Cowboys’ Dez Bryant gets trespass warning at NorthPark mall

By TANYA EISERER and RICHARD ABSHIRE

Staff Writers

Published 22 March 2011 06:24 PM

Off-duty Dallas police officers working security at NorthPark Center on Saturday issued Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant a criminal trespass warning.

According to police reports, Bryant gave a profanity-laced response after he and three friends were asked to pull up their pants to cover their underwear.

Bryant cursed at officers and said he wouldn’t leave until his representative or his attorney arrived, authorities said. After getting his car from valet parking, Bryant sat in the car in a fire lane until friends finally persuaded him to leave, according to police.

A police report said Bryant “has had a pattern of behavior at NorthPark Center involving security/off-duty police.

i'm so sick of the NFL i dont even care anymore ... i used to be as diehard as they come ... been planning my mancave in cowboys colors since forever ... i just could care less about these dudes ... jerry jones more worried about concerts and records than the football team ...

dudes with no education (majority) want to get greedy about money ... billionaires want to get greedy about money ... they can all go !$!% a brick

and now this dude saggin his pants in a mall telling a rent a cop to go pound sand ... ignoramous

Come on dez you gotta do better than that
30t6p3b.gif

BUT in his defence, I'll be damned if somebody other than my parents demanded me to alter ANY part of my clothing in a public setting :/

Originally Posted by thachosen123

30t6p3b.gif

BUT in his defence, I'll be damned if somebody other than my parents demanded me to alter ANY part of my clothing in a public setting :/

In some places it's illegal to show underwear or have baggy jeans. Why would anyone want to show it anyways?

Originally Posted by thachosen123

30t6p3b.gif

Malls aren't public property,they have every right to demand people to dress like human beings 
Anyways, Bryant said that he wasn't the one sagging and that his boys were. Dude overreacted badly though 
laugh.gif

msaba07 wrote:
dudes with no education (majority) want to get greedy about money ... billionaires want to get greedy about money ... they can all go !$!% a brick

you do know this is the problem right?

the players were fine with the agreement.. it was the owners who opted out and wanted to change the terms

and the owners' defense is that they are only making X and thus want to change the terms of the CBA with the players, but do not want to open the books to the players to justify said changes

Back
Top Bottom