The Combat Jack Show Thread

They should've stuck to just the podcast I can see this getting corny fast and I'm 4 minutes into episode 1

The Mike Francesca segment had me
roll.gif
 last night.

'I'm gonna tell you how to be a good athlete. Step one: don't be black. Pass me another diet coke.'

laugh.gif

Maybe it's too premature of a question, but whatever What do you all prefer so far: visual art or the audible art?

I walk and drive all day. I'm only here for the audio.

Here's to hoping this Rage album is all they've talked it up to be.

Envy and his wife's podcast can be something. Breakfast Club bought to you by loudspeakers network.

Maybe it's too premature of a question, but whatever What do you all prefer so far: visual art or the audible art?

I noticed that they kinda hold back on TV so far. Which is understandable, they know the podcast is for the hive.

With that said, the audible art > visual

Visual art is a cool though since its nightly.

I don't even know if I have vice, doubt I do

I got the smallest cable plan as possible

really just got it for hbogo

and now ill more than likely cancel that and just get the hbo one off joint

just don't feel like calling

they might need a cartoon or some sort of skit type show

I don't think they've truly found their lane yet tv wise

I saw em on the breakfast club and it was an eh interview

saw em on ctgs show and they're eh on there too

the complex show was ight, prolly the best visual they've had but of course I haven't seen the new joint yet

2nd episode of the TV show was hilarious, 3rd not so much. Desus is back to talking over Mero like he did when the podcast first started, he gotta cool out a little.

At the end of the day tho they're gonna be hit or miss because their style is nonstop jokes and nobody bats 1000 like that, especially when you gotta do 30 minutes a day 4 days a week, plus the podcast.

They might be spreading themselves thin like that but I guess we'll see.

episode 1 was horrible

the following (2 and 3) were good.

gonna watch it the next mornings while getting ready for work.

Desus made me aware I need a pair of black and red 1's

So are they still doing the podcast?

episode 1 was horrible

the following (2 and 3) were good.

gonna watch it the next mornings while getting ready for work.

Desus made me aware I need a pair of black and red 1's

What did he say?

The first one was ok to me. So it's a every day Daily Show/HQ type of show?

You can tell they're new on TV by the way they look at the camera

Visual Art going to take some time, hopefully they don't burn themselves out. The Brand is still strong.

Got faith in these 2. They'll find their groove with the show. It would be cool if their tries to take it out of the studio andante reacted with people in some segments

Got faith in these 2. They'll find their groove with the show. It would be cool if their tries to take it out of the studio andante reacted with people in some segments
This is a great idea and something tells me that at least one of them lurks here. There goes a free idea.
laugh.gif

I have faith in Vice giving them the freedom to make mistakes and grow. They gotta do at least one New York Undercover reboot skit.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I like that it's nightly, so it's not dated talking about something that happen last week. With the internet everything is instant and people move on. I think it can do well.

Tax :x The conversation at the end was killing me about rape culture.

Hip Hop on Rap Radar should be good.

Jay is doing a pop up shop like D&D studios for Reasonable Doubt. That's dope.

I like that it's nightly, so it's not dated talking about something that happen last week. With the internet everything is instant and people move on. I think it can do well.

I cut the rape culture talk

tax seems to love talking to these weirdo broads

this looney toon rhetoric has gone too far

I Think this chick was pretty managable all things considered (outside of the nutty **** she said of someone who's innocent deserving the stigma that comes along with being accused of rape).

I liken it to this as a black man there's things that people from other races may say or do which they will say "oh that's not that serious" and to me it may be very serious.

so often times i find dudes around me or even myself sometimes saying things such as she's overreacting or it's not that serious, but in all honesty if we aren't women how should we tell them how to feel. I had that reaction when people were talking about street harassment because i thought back to experiences that i may have done it and it worked.

I didn't take the time to think of how many tmes it may happen to an attractive female per day, and all the different types of personalities she may encounter. So when we here street harasment we may think what's wrong with saying high & trying to spark a convo, when women think of it it's probably more along the lines of the aggressive dude who won't take a simple no, the one who may touch her, or the nut ****** who may curse her out etc etc.

Hell even if it's not to those extremes not every woman is built the same, so while many women do want attention. There are many who may wanna be lowkey or just go about there day w/o constantly being stopped.

I also agree with Tax that these kind of actions shouldn't be labeled "Rape culture" or something like me talking to my friends in private and being like so & so got a fat ***. Unless i'm talkin about doing something that she's not down to consent with.

I think from time to time we forget just how many stupid mutha*****s are in this world who don't know the simplest of ways to deal with women. There's legit dudes out here who think women HAVE to stop if your trying to talk to them.

Heard it was $50 at the door to get in...but you get credit towards a t-shirt.

:rofl:

rape is a concrete word

you can't just let that word loose

people tryna turn bothersome people into rape culture advocates

harassment is harassment

rape is rape

culture is usually associated with positivity, togetherness and a sense of feeling apart of something that's welcoming

rape and culture are polar opposites from how I perceive culture

nobody's welcoming this behavior

they're basically making it to where a black man can't talk to a white woman but nobody sees it

it's another form of stop and frisk

just wish black women would separate themselves from the feminist (racist) movement

it's not made to acknowledge or care about black womens problems

sad really

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom