The Combat Jack Show Thread

New yorkers in general aint about that indy life thats why their rap scene is a mess.

We need a Drink champs x Bodega boyz collabo

I don't think this is true at all. I think it's about age. Look at Young MA, Action or Joey? And you really can't say that when everyone from Atlanta runs to a major.

biggest thing I don't like about nore is how he is such a proponent of working under a ceo

always over glorifying a major

I'm like damn, you tryna create a podcast network

you def understand why creating your own is better

just hope the younger listeners can value ownership at the youngest age possible

Being indie isn't got everyone. Look at The Lox. Styles likes it, and Jada doesn't. You have to work harder. It's like how Lyor was saying back in the 90's people went state to state and a lot of that allows them to have long careers, because they can still tour and put out work to their core fanbase.

It has it's pros and cons.

I love how Nore cut off they artist from talking some BS :lol:, that was Nore best cutting off ever.

DayDay was on the show, but not really

Last edited:
I don't think this is true at all. I think it's about age. Look at Young MA, Action or Joey? And you really can't say that when everyone from Atlanta runs to a major.
Being indie isn't got everyone. Look at The Lox. Styles likes it, and Jada doesn't. You have to work harder. It's like how Lyor was saying back in the 90's people went state to state and a lot of that allows them to have long careers, because they can still tour and put out work to their core fanbase.

It has it's pros and cons.
DayDay was on the show, but not really

it's the same work to me

the work on a major is just allocated to other people

the shows and all that is something you have to do in both

it's the same work to me

the work on a major is just allocated to other people

the shows and all that is something you have to do in both

Yeah, but the label is doing a lot of the work for you.

They're saying let's package you with our other new artist and go on a tour, and booking the venues.

This is HBCU homecoming season. They're contacting the colleges and pushing artist.

It's about relationships, and majors have a big advantage getting your music to radio and DJ's. They can call up This Is 50 and get Jack Thriller to interview their artist.

I know that's what I'm saying

it's just allocated to other people

but being good and doing the work will have people calling you

a major is better for people with manufactured hype

:lol: @ Lyor justifying 360 deals. Y'all don't make or break artist anymore son.

exactly

boy tried to quick talk it and dip

he knew the longer he stayed the dumber he'd sound

they both sound like they never made it past the 7th grade

they were sounding worst than nore smh

They seem like they're getting comfortable on camera.

The guest they had was way too much, though.
laugh.gif

It's funny how Joe is. You don't know if he's moody or he can't hide his disdain for people.

It's funny how totally opposite and ingratiating he is towards Combat.

That convo last podcast about him being a **** during promo runs must've made a difference. He's really making the rounds. He was really good on They Cipher, too.

Budden on Combat was real cool. Dope hearing him talk about fam and hip hop. Not him acting stupid. Dope hearing him talk about how much Couples Therapy changed his relationship with his son.

biggest thing I don't like about nore is how he is such a proponent of working under a ceo

always over glorifying a major

I'm like damn, you tryna create a podcast network

you def understand why creating your own is better

just hope the younger listeners can value ownership at the youngest age possible
all facts

Sent my boy the clip of Desus & Mero impersonating Mike Francesca, and apparently he's a big fan too. I put him onto the podcast. Bodega hive growing.:lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Rory doesn't have that Marissa buffer so he stands out. Luckily for him Mal and Joe carry the show well.

Need to see what tax is doing next week now that they sat there and hyped it up.

Rory always used to annoy me more than Marissa

It's cool Joe and Tax are on good terms

I heard about him and the Big B's incident

The Casanova Tax should be good. Going to listen to that in a few.

Why was Joe and Rory trying to make Mal seem crazy for his position on if he found a vid in his wife's phone doming up some dude? I'm not saying to do harm to your wife, but definitely leave that situation.

Back
Top Bottom