The Combat Jack Show Thread

Mal said he thinks Thug was talking about a particular person , when he said the Hov stuff and that people in the industry say the same thing .

who you guys think he was talking about?

first came to mind was Kendrick but didn’t thug just get into it with French over him? Lol

he has relationships with Cole and drake so not them
First person who came to mind was Future for whatever reason.

Ehh, put em both in an arena and thug closes, which was the initial point, semantics be damned.

That’s moreso about Thug just being better at performing in arenas. Than their catalogs or who got more “anthems”. Future does have a lot of them man. It’s not wild to think. His bag deep. And this been going on since 2010. He’s just a much better performer in a smaller venue. The music hits different in that setting. Particularly, his music.

The little secret with Future is his some of his catalog/set list include **** like Chosen One, or My Savages etc....which are indeed Anthems.... But the people that go to ARENA shows aren’t checking for that, and don’t know it :lol:. Think about the crowds that go there. Thug’s overall concert set is more recent, and sorta tailor made for arena shows. See Travis etc.

The post 2016 Future crowd at arenas is there for WATTBA, Ds2 & Features.

Future has the joints to play in an arena, I’m just not sure if he performs well enough to warrant being in a stadium.

giphy.gif

Very surprised that people say thug has more bangers than future .... I’d say no way in hell but I’m bias . Not a huge thug fan at all

didn’t think he was talking bout future cause if they relationship either lol

Julius gets stats, but it often doesn't lead to winning. They're rather empty. He pounds the ball taking the air out also. It's rather weird. Normally you see a guy get 20 and 10 and it leads to winning basketball.

I was thinking Thug was referring to Future, because it made sense for him to not reveal the name of someone he's cool with. I'm sure he sees the difference in performances. We all know he wasn't talking about Drake, Cole, Kendrick or Travis. So there aren't many more names.

Uzi or Future

Benzino is RIGHT! That 30 min clip with him on FDS, he laid it out perfectly. He’s also a clown...but right is right.

Good on the west African brother for speaking turn to power. Flip be trolling man 😂🤦🏾‍♂️. He either be playing dumb or just be losing it, not concentrating and googling stuff to ask behind the laptop.

Julius gets stats, but it often doesn't lead to winning. They're rather empty. He pounds the ball taking the air out also. It's rather weird. Normally you see a guy get 20 and 10 and it leads to winning basketball.

I was thinking Thug was referring to Future, because it made sense for him to not reveal the name of someone he's cool with. I'm sure he sees the difference in performances. We all know he wasn't talking about Drake, Cole, Kendrick or Travis. So there aren't many more names.

Uzi or Future

Yup....Could be MEEK too.

If it's Future I agree, and I rock with Future. The Hive acting like he got anthems on anthems is wild.
Two things can be true:

1. Future in a big arena doesn’t put on great performances
2. Future indeed DOES have anthems on anthems. Like for real. He got em out the *** :lol:

Facts. Have you all been to a Future show?

Buddy’s stage presence be off at times, but to say he doesn’t have anthems on anthems is just a farce. Dude been putting them out consistently for the past 10 years. :lol:

I think _'s reading way too much into what Thug was saying. Dude just be talking. Sound like he was just poppin his ****. The way he back tracked fast after mentioning Jay's showed he was just feeling himself too much.

This Nature interview is why I watch Drink Champs. The Firm, Banned From TV and I’m Leaving stories got me at the edge of my seat. I wish NORE would have said what Swizz songs they passed on that he regrets.

People used to always talk about why was Nature first out of everyone? It’s crazy to finally hear why.

Last edited:
I think _'s reading way too much into what Thug was saying. Dude just be talking. Sound like he was just poppin his ****. The way he back tracked fast after mentioning Jay's showed he was just feeling himself too much.

Him throwing out Jay's name was him just talking and just throwing out a name, but when he cleared things up that's when he added how the second part. So it was obviously something he had observed and probably discussed with his crew.

It's like how it was competition between DMX and Jay on tour, and DMX performance made Jay up his quality.

Benzino is RIGHT! That 30 min clip with him on FDS, he laid it out perfectly. He’s also a clown...but right is right.

Good on the west African brother for speaking turn to power. Flip be trolling man 😂🤦🏾‍♂️. He either be playing dumb or just be losing it, not concentrating and googling stuff to ask behind the laptop.

I think he plays dumb to seem less threatening. Sort of like Nore.

You're asking a question, but not really asking a question. It doesn't have them get defensive.

Very surprised that people say thug has more bangers than future .... I’d say no way in hell but I’m bias . Not a huge thug fan at all

didn’t think he was talking bout future cause if they relationship either lol

Yeah Future got hits from Racks on Racks (2010) till now...

Thug got his 2013-2015 run up until that massive leak, the tapes (which are classic but won't ring off in a Verzuz) and a few records after that....

Uzi or Future

The way he said "the ****** who you think is up there" it was absolutely Hov - Kanye - Wayne or Drake - Kendrick - Cole. Thug kinda brought Uzi in the game so he wouldn't say "who u think is up there"

The way he said "the ****** who you think is up there" it was absolutely Hov - Kanye - Wayne or Drake - Kendrick - Cole. Thug kinda brought Uzi in the game so he wouldn't say "who u think is up there"

Thug brought Uzi in the game? When?

Back
Top Bottom