The Combat Jack Show Thread

Joe is a Berg groupie now :lol:

The Bun rap radar was better than DC, he's been on a media run so it's basically everything he's been talking about plus a few dope stories.

Talked about how they got Kast on the Int'l Player's Anthem story.

Bun didn't mention it, but It's funny because on another pod earlier this year dude from Jive said Pimp was mad as hell at 3k because he didn't rap over the drums. :lol:

Also told the story about Pimp refusing to go down to Trinidad to shoot Big Pimpin, and Hype Williams trying to find the hottest chick in the game at the time for the video, which was Gloria Velez. She was down in Miami with Pimp. :lol: :pimp: They had to wrap up in Trinidad and head to Miami just to shoot Pimp's part. :lol:

Lil Cease on DC, should be interesting, he gotta have mad stories...please don't **** this up NORE.

I saw he was on Rap Radar. Him and Twelvy. Going to check those out this weekend.

About time Cease is on DC, he should have had all of JM though.

NORE is Dame Dash episode Drink Champs levels drunk on here.

Good God :lol: :smh: :x

How many times is he going to talk about Pimp C telling him he was a real *****? NORE literally interrupted Bun B's story about going to get a haircut on 125th in Harlem.....to tell a story he told 6 minutes ago. Smh. I'm vexed

can't get back on the DC wave for this very reason. Drunk Nore still od

Visual aid of just how SLIZZURD N.O.R.E was :smh: :lol:

IMG_9157.jpg

I don't think Joe understands how little Yung Berg does for these songs. He doesn't do the beat. He does some hooks and that's it. His team does more.

The review Joe read about the Heights had me crying.

The Kim **** was gross. I didn't even hear that.

I'm definitely checking out Cease on DC

I don't care what anybody says, that Bun B episode is dope. Real *** dude

"K-Rino? He sounds like he's KRS One's cousin."

In. Wonder how many parts they have.

Elliot about to giggle at everything lil thing Jay say. :lol:

Budden and NORE bout to hate. "Hov come do a pod with some real ******. " :lol:

I'll be impressed if Hov can up Tidal subscription numbers with a podcast.

I'm not about to tho. I'll wait for the rip. Sorry

Last 30mins of brilliant idiots is inspiring as hell.

Shoutout to them bruvas from Cards for the culture :pimp:

:lol: Nore started the show with Bun hella wasted ...I love Bun but he talked about his wife more than his new music and Pimp.

I like when Bun said that our generation created hip hop so we have higher standards, and millennials were gifted hip hop and that's why it not held in high regard to them nowadays. The analogy was spot on.

Part 1 of the Jay interview :nthat:

It was interesting to hear him break down his albums. I always thought Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album were great. Over the years American Gangster went up for me, and Blueprint went down.

I knew Rap Radar were the right ones for the Jay interview. He seems more open, because it's people he knows.

The No ID thing was interesting.

I don't trust jay

he's made too many business moves where he was just the face and not the owner

But hasn't he been part owner?

And is it any different than Puff and 50?

I like when Bun said that our generation created hip hop so we have higher standards, and millennials were gifted hip hop and that's why it not held in high regard to them nowadays. The analogy was spot on.

:nthat:

I never understand why people are upset that Jay is using his own platform to profit off his own content :lol:

Either way i loved how he was quoting specific Lyrics throughout his career pertaining to ownership & black empowerment. Dudes were acting like 4:44 was his first time touching on this.

Also loved how he spoke on how artist are in a lose lose when it comes to social issues. if he does nothing in front of the camera people act as if he's against the community, if its recorded or written about then is a publicity stunt. And this goes for most people in positions of power in the black community.

It was cool to hear him talk about crafting the album and then talking about flow and how he did it on purpose. Because it went with the tone of the album. His off beat style is one of the parts of I like about 4:44.

yea that was more a confirmation to me, like he stated why would anyone think jay (who has consistently had one of the top flows for the past 20 + years) just forgot how to rhyme on beat.

Part 1 of the Jay interview :nthat:

It was interesting to hear him break down his albums. I always thought Reasonable Doubt and The Black Album were great. Over the years American Gangster went up for me, and Blueprint went down.

I knew Rap Radar were the right ones for the Jay interview. He seems more open, because it's people he knows.

The No ID thing was interesting.

But hasn't he been part owner?

And is it any different than Puff and 50?

:nthat:

I'm saying I'm not pressed to support a business where it's presented as a black business but they're just the figure head

Jamie foxx just did this with his so called sunglasses line

The Bun B Rap Radar is good

I realized how bad the Nore one was. He kept interrupting stories to talk about Pimp and having Bun go to LeFrak.

This is really good also

I'm saying I'm not pressed to support a business where it's presented as a black business but they're just the figure head

Jamie foxx just did this with his so called sunglasses line

but a lot of times they actually own a percent or have stock in the company. So they're much more than a figurehead.

50 allegedly got 60 mil for his stake in EFFN.

but a lot of times they actually own a percent or have stock in the company. So they're much more than a figurehead.

50 allegedly got 60 mil for his stake in EFFN.

they mainly use us to boost there businesses and give us a kick back that's no where near the true worth

jays move with the nets stuck with me

long story short I do research before feeling obligated to support

Pimp C introduced me to Boosie and Webbie. Forever a legend for finding another legend in Boosie. One of the best Pimp C & Boosie Songs

And we can't forget Bun on "Gimme dat". Surprised they ain't talk about Pimps ear for talent.

Back
Top Bottom