The Combat Jack Show Thread

and when they had a debate over 17.5 :lol:

I was planning on listening to that again tonight

That was comparable to when Cam called in to 50 to me. Pure comedy.

Love what Bun B said about Thug and Migos :pimp:

That's trill. He one of the older dudes that "get it".....and dont blindly and bitterly hate on younger acts and Name them all "mumble rappers"

This N***** NORE man......:smh:

Now I remember why I stopped listening to Drink Champs. Dude flat out doesn't listen. Wants to get to his stupid talking points regardless of the flow or importance of the conversation.....and interrupts with dumb sht.

And EFN....."I'm Cuban B" :angry: :smh:

Love what Bun B said about Thug and Migos :pimp:

That's trill. He one of the older dudes that "get it".....and dont blindly and bitterly hate on younger acts and Name them all "mumble rappers"

So if Scarface says it's garbage, he's a bitter old dude?

So if Scarface says it's garbage, he's a bitter old dude?

That's not the point. Music is subjective. But exactly what Bun said makes sense. The rush to just judge something without taking the time to try and understand it because it's unfamiliar to you is a real thing. Like, there is this thing where people blanket any young rapper from the south with a trap beat as "mumble rap"......and dismissing it immediately. All Bun was saying is sometimes....if you peel back and try to understand....you'd realize that some of these dudes are really talented and can actually spit or whatever. That's all he was saying.

That's not the point. Music is subjective. But exactly what Bun said makes sense. The rush to just judge something without taking the time to try and understand it because it's unfamiliar to you is a real thing. Like, there is this thing where people blanket any young rapper from the south with a trap beat as "mumble rap"......and dismissing it immediately. All Bun was saying is sometimes....if you peel back and try to understand....you'd realize that some of these dudes are really talented and can actually spit or whatever. That's all he was saying.

or maybe he was just being diplomatic and being PC or maybe he just doesn't care

You dismiss everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you as old and bitter, and praise the ones who agree.

And many have no talent and it's destructive and there's no positive from it.

or maybe he was just being diplomatic and being PC or maybe he just doesn't care

You dismiss everyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you as old and bitter, and praise the ones who agree.

And many have no talent and it's destructive and there's no positive from it.

This just isn't true man :lol:. But when you're old and bitter....you're old and bitter. Spade a spade. There's a difference between somebody listening to one of the younger artists out....then deciding if it's for them or not...and critiquing it accordingly, as opposed to completely dismissing the music from a bitter standpoint.

You aren't READING what I'm saying. Back up a lil bit. Actually LISTEN to what Bun B was saying. It def wasn't being "diplomatic" or "pc"....he even related it to the preconceived notions HE went through coming from the south in his time.

And to your last point....that is OBVIOUS as hell. I never said many didn't. That's not the point I or Bun was trying to make.

I always think it's important to talk about both sides. While there is old and bitter dudes there is young and stupid dudes who just jump on trends. Since we on the subject of UGK and just 90's south rappers they don't know nothing about where Trill or lean culture came from. Or where the trap sound came from.

And while Thug and Migos are talented let's not act like it ain't a bunch of trash that keeps popping up.

I always think it's important to talk about both sides. While there is old and bitter dudes there is young and stupid dudes who just jump on trends. Since we on the subject of UGK and just 90's south rappers they don't know nothing about where Trill or lean culture came from. Or where the trap sound came from.

And while Thug and Migos are talented let's not act like it ain't a bunch of trash that keeps popping up.

Absolutely. And you'll see me calling them out repeatedly. It's a lot of dumb and stupid young kids that are highjacking that culture with no knowledge or respect. That's obvious. But there are also talented young dudes really from that culture...who respect it.....that get lumped in unfairly with that crowd.

Bun B is dope man. A knowledge assss dude. Really wish NORE ain't cut him off so many times when he was going into interesting topics. Speaking about Lean culture......it's cool to see Bun talk about how Philly ****** BEEN sipping lean for the longest. That and Percs.

Kids today could care less.

That's why it's important to speak on our history before it gets re-written.

But I don't think kids today even look at it as ours and they take it for granted and don't respect it.

Absolutely. And you'll see me calling them out repeatedly. It's a lot of dumb and stupid young kids that are highjacking that culture with no knowledge or respect. That's obvious. But there are also talented young dudes really from that culture...who respect it.....that get lumped in unfairly with that crowd.

Bun B is dope man. A knowledge assss dude. Really wish NORE ain't cut him off so many times when he was going into interesting topics. Speaking about Lean culture......it's cool to see Bun talk about how Philly ****** BEEN sipping lean for the longest. That and Percs.

I thought it was good, because Bun B has a lot of other interviews for that.

nah that bun b interview was horrible

when I heard nore introduce bun I knew he was drunk way too early

I still gotta hour left and don't see myself finishing it and listen to everything in full

idc what u say lil yachty is trash

This.

and trash is trash.

How this suddenly became an age thing is beyond me...

I routinely see younger kids calling some of these dudes trash on social media. Since they aren't old and bitter...why are they saying these things? Is it because they "don't understand"...or because they just find the **** to be trash? Ain't much to "understand". It's music. It's auditory. You hear something...and you either like it or you don't. You don't need to solve a ******* rubix cube to enjoy music.

I never said Lil Yachty wasn't trash :lol:.

Sometimes....it's like y'all don't read sht ***** say. All I'm simply doing is bigging up Bun B for not blanketing every new rapper over an 808 as a "mumble rapper"....and not falling into that generation criticism that NORE tried to set up. That's it man :lol:

NORE is Dame Dash episode Drink Champs levels drunk on here.

Good God :lol: :smh: :x

How many times is he going to talk about Pimp C telling him he was a real *****? NORE literally interrupted Bun B's story about going to get a haircut on 125th in Harlem.....to tell a story he told 6 minutes ago. Smh. I'm vexed

Last edited:
NORE is beyond slizzard during this ep.

This interview would have been under 2 hrs if NORE didn't tell his Pimp had to make sure I was official story 50-11 times and he might have said I can't thank you enough 20 times. :lol:

The first a guest ever to big up EFN, NORE cut him off and told Bun to be quiet, EFN was just happy to be finally be acknowledged. :lol:

NORE said this ain't why we here to big us up, but soon as Bun start giving him props he said "keep going." :lol:

Also did they discuss this Wiz track on budden pod? He hyped that **** up like it was some fire, it finally dropped **** sound like every other Ty$ and Wiz radio track. ***** really fell in love with Berg hyping that average *** song. :lol:

The AirBNB in the Heights :rofl:

Mal wanting to defend Kim K, but then talking about football players not standing up :stoneface:

He's OJ :lol:

The Bun rap radar was better than DC, he's been on a media run so it's basically everything he's been talking about plus a few dope stories.

Talked about how they got Kast on the Int'l Player's Anthem story.

Bun didn't mention it, but It's funny because on another pod earlier this year dude from Jive said Pimp was mad as hell at 3k because he didn't rap over the drums. :lol:

Also told the story about Pimp refusing to go down to Trinidad to shoot Big Pimpin, and Hype Williams trying to find the hottest chick in the game at the time for the video, which was Gloria Velez. She was down in Miami with Pimp. :lol: :pimp: They had to wrap up in Trinidad and head to Miami just to shoot Pimp's part. :lol:

Lil Cease on DC, should be interesting, he gotta have mad stories...please don't **** this up NORE.

Last edited:

I'm actually just now getting through this. Didn't listen to the audio.

Bun is a real dude man. Everything comes directly from the heart. He had tears coming out of his eyes and wasn't even talking about anything bad or morbid...just raw emotion from being passionate about what he says.

Back
Top Bottom