The Combat Jack Show Thread

He kept a banger. OG simp rap

but even some of the lyrics in these was corny then when the 2000's hit he went full corny. That paradise song and video was it for me. :rofl:

LL is a legend, when you listen to his old **** it's unreal the influence he had. He was really the first to do almost everything. You hear so many people bite his flows, take his lyrics and use the samples he used. It's crazy. LL is mad underrated and unappreciated.

Never heard that song y'all talking about and I'm not going to. He making mad white money now though so it's not surprising. White people love him. He does all kinds of white shows but that's my guy

Nore is from Queens

I'm from that generation, but a lot of us went through periods of not liking LL, because he made chick and radio music. That's why he's not on many GOAT list. Plus he's never seemed authentic. I can respect him, but he's not Kane, Rakim, Chuck D or KRS to us.

I had to cut the LL interview off when he started trying to justifying that racoon song he made with the country singer.

LL is my guy. But that part annoyed me while I was driving on my way to work lol. He sounded like Ray Lewis now. Making no damn sense. Wish he ain't remind me of that. Will try to fast forward it.

Nore helped him out with that one

Nore is more intelligent than he portrays. He changed the subject, because LL sounded like a fool and he didn't want him to have a KRS moment

After Accidental Racist, I can never look at LL the same.

listened to LL drink champs
was good
hs laugh though
sounds like a diabolical villain :lol:
anybody listen to ed lover cmon son podcast
he had on pras
was a very good episode

I'm a little behind. I just got around to getting caught up on Angela Rye's episodes. The Jessie Williams and April Ryans were good.

I need to get caught up on Mike's pod too

Anyone in here mess with Dissect?

It's a weekly serialized podcast. His first season covered Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly. Each episode was an in-depth analysis of one song and he did all of the tracks.

This season he's doing My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Definitely worth checking out.

Mal has the worst takes on basketball.

And they didn't talk about Usher at all.

Bun B is on Drink Champs next week. I guess they're doing a week behind Revolt now.

Last edited:
The Irv on Rap Radar is really good. Hopefully they bring it to YouTube, because it's lost on Tidal.

Never knew this was going at Ja, because he was upset about people asking him about Holla, Holla. That was bubbling for that long to the point Ja changed up his image, because of it.

:lol: @ X not liking any rappers

:lol: @ Irv ****in with Puff and the Ja subliminal diss of J Lo's husband

Didn't know Jay and Irv have known each other 30 years and it was his idea for Super Ugly. I'd feel a type of way also if a dude I've known that long then wants to sign my "enemy"

The Irv on Rap Radar is really good. Hopefully they bring it to YouTube, because it's lost on Tidal.

Never knew this was going at Ja, because he was upset about people asking him about Holla, Holla. That was bubbling for that long to the point Ja changed up his image, because of it.

Around like 03 I figured this was about Ja.

That's funny as hell to do that on a track that Irv produced, knowing that he's friends with both of you. Hell, Styles went at Ja harder than DMX.

So this is Kato that X made that song about
ohhh.png

Kanye used to carry his bags, AI was thirsting over his wife, almost killed Ja for X, gave Kay Slay 10 racks just because.

I knew he was a Latin King, but I didn't know he was like that

It's painful to listen to cracked out DMX. I always used to like hearing DMX, because he talked in bars. Now it's sporadic.

:lol: @ X not liking any rappers

:lol: @ Irv ****in with Puff and the Ja subliminal diss of J Lo's husband

Didn't know Jay and Irv have known each other 30 years and it was his idea for Super Ugly. I'd feel a type of way also if a dude I've known that long then wants to sign my "enemy"

Is this on Tidal only? I need to hear this. I heard Irv talk about Supa Ugly on something else before.

Is this on Tidal only? I need to hear this. I heard Irv talk about Supa Ugly on something else before.

Yeah, it's Tidal only right now. The first one this season with Benny Boom is on Youtube. It's not a gossip pod(how B Dot and Elliott are), it's more of Irv talking about the industry, Tales and Ashanti/Ja/DMX/Jay.

Irv does go in to some stuff like how he got a bag from Tommy Mottola to get back at Mariah Carey(that's been out there for years) with J Lo. And using sa Puff did to do J Lo songs, and him playing it for Puff just to get his reaction. But he had to clear it, so he said, well get back at Sony for it.

Him basically saying he wasn't going to put out Cadillac Tah and Black Child because they weren't going multi and he sort of regrets that, but they were that big back then.

And his praise of Dre. I've heard numerous people say that. People can say Daz or Mel Man did a song all they want, but it's a big difference with them alone and with Dre. And Dre is another level sonically. Same with Kanye, he can use other producers but his vision at the end is still way different than what they would have done.

He went in to the Mic Geronimo thing more. I heard him talk about it before. But I wondered why that relationship wasn't there after Irv blew up. I know he regrets that. Especially when you have X, Ja and Jay on a song, and all of them instantly became bigger than you. And I ****** with Mic heavy from ****s Real.

Said he got $500 for a remix, and regrets not asking for a mil

Jay-Z got $750 for this

Irv really needs one of those three hour Combat pods he used to do, because that was almost two hours and it could have gone on. Irv is a good interview and he didn't even get on 50 or the Fed stuff.

I need to hear that interview bad. I love Irv interviews. What's the Mariah story you talking about.

Never liked that Jay song BUT Jay's "Anything" and "Hey Papi" were always dope as **** to me. Random.

Back
Top Bottom