The College Basketball Post

As Jay Bilas said "Kentucky didn't get a better coach, they may have a better recruiter but not a better coach"

Cleveland State knocked off those bums from Butler.

Most annoying offense ever created.
smh.gif

I hate Butler...Aj Graves specifically
laugh.gif
. Glad they lost.

Was expecting Lville to beat Quette like they did. That homecourt is something this season. Surprised Uconn lost at home to Provy though.

RIU losing to St Louis
eyes.gif

Oregon and Indiana looking like they might lose late in the 2nd half....
pimp.gif

How can you hate Butler? they're one of my favorites..
alien.gif

What's to like about that team exactly?

I've seen them play three times in the past two years (twice in person versus Cleveland State and against Gonzaga last season) and it's always a very,very painful experience.

damn, tough night for Gordon. I was hoping he was gonna do his thing since i don't get to see indiana games too often.

They're deliberate - they make you play THEIR game... and they don't overpower you with talent, they do it with strategy.. it's like watching theGOOD princeton teams of way back when.

They have a style of play, and if they're on their game, they will beat you and that's all there is to it.

I don't know - it's just refreshing to watch them, they play such a team style of game, it's smart, it's well executed and they win.. with abuncha nobodies usually, although they have 3 or 4 players this year that could easily be playing high major ball.

I just have a soft spot for teams that consistently win with less.. i'll grant you that Graves is one ugly dude... but he's that dude that shows up atyour local gym and just WORKS everybody thinking he's an herb... i love that about him. So unassuming.

Craftsy I'm with you in some of that.

Not that this is Butler but ....I really enjoy the Princeton offense now and seeing back door cuts and the patience and team play

It's a thing of beauty when teams like that are clicking

I don't know - it's just refreshing to watch them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't know why but that had me rollin. I gotta say you are definitely onsome next when it comes to discussing college ball my friend.

Word - i'm a sucker for a well ran offense... butler wouldn't qualify as a princeton-style team, obviously, but they have some of the most creativesets i've ever seen to get just the shot they want.

Side question.. when does it stop being called the princeton offense anyways? There are several programs now that have been running it better than them for adecade now.. will it ever change or is it set in stone?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't know why but that had me rollin. I gotta say you are definitely on some next when it comes to discussing college ball my friend.
only YOU could find humor in that..
laugh.gif

It's definitely not a Princeton offense; I enjoy a Princeton offense.

Butler runs dribble hand-offs and double screens above the arc; I really dislike watching it.

On another side note....we gotta get the predicting the AP rankings going again. Like 12 teams in the top 25 teams have lost already this week...
pimp.gif

. will it ever change or is it set in stone?
I think it will stay that way, or at least it should outa respect. Pete Carril
pimp.gif

And they suck this year but Sydney Johnson if anything like JT3 (which I think he is) will get them goin again in the Ivy League

Kevin O'Neill is not a head coach, period.

Not at Marquette, not at Tenn, not at Northwestern.

Good luck with him taking over for Lute
tired.gif

its the same story with zona. they need big man help BAD. did you see some of the bums they bring off the bench to guard lopez? hill has some talent but theydont even feed him half the time you got wise ball hogging.

and Chase is just soft and always will be.

Back
Top Bottom