The College Basketball Post

A&M gettin bodied!!
pimp.gif

smh.gif

laugh.gif
i really hope you guys all caught Knight's address to the crowd after the game... and then the post game interview for ESPN... straight comedy...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
i really hope you guys all caught Knight's address to the crowd after the game... and then the post game interview for ESPN... straight comedy...

laugh.gif
Word....It was jokes....
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was great. He ain't kiddin though... Texas Tech can't fill up that basketball arena for NOTHIN.

Big East teams are 26-7 @ home in conference play
eek.gif

Cuse= 3-0 home, 0-2 road
Nova= 2-0 home, 0-2 road
WVU= 2-0 home, 0-2 road
ND= 3-0 home, 0-1 road
Quette= 3-0 home, 0-1 road
Cinci= 2-0 home, 1-2 road

Etc.

With no great teams really and a lot of good teams, it should be like that all season in the BE...

Vandy-Tenn, Quette-Lville, Indiana-Minn, Az St-Cal, Zona-Stanford

5 best games tommorow....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was great. He ain't kiddin though... Texas Tech can't fill up that basketball arena for NOTHIN.

You could just feel the crowd do one of these...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
eek.gif
indifferent.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

As if I didnt dislike the Dookies enough, Paulus gets the stoneface x1000 for kicking like a beezy. And he didnt even get called on it. Weak.

I hate Paulus so !#%$%+* much

Originally Posted by rocketzballa23

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

As if I didnt dislike the Dookies enough, Paulus gets the stoneface x1000 for kicking like a beezy. And he didnt even get called on it. Weak.

I hate Paulus so !#%$%+* much

I don't like him to much either....But he gave us some big minutes at the end of the game....Im not sure if Nolan Smith is ready for those crunch timeminutes just yet....Maybe after a couple more ACC games...

Paulus and Coach K are related somehow.

You can tell Paulus has a little rat face in him.

The Heels with another grind it out win showing that they have what it takes to win close games that they have no business winning.

Carolina will come into your gym, it will be the biggest game on your home schedule, you will hit some crazy three-pointers, the crowd will be going wild, the Tar Heels will struggle, and then...

More often than not, Carolina will win the game.

That, folks, is why people hate Carolina.

And why we love every second of it.

Adam Lucas (sportswriter for Tarheelblue.com) speaks the truth.

I just haven't been impressed, and I guess because its clear Memphis and Kansas are the top 2 right now, I'm kinda sick of hearin about UNC bein #1 andthe ESPN love

With no great teams really and a lot of good teams
Wait, wasn't Petey the one claiming the Big East was a BEAST this year? You back trackin' like Carmelo right now
laugh.gif

The Heels with another grind it out win showing that they have what it takes to win close games that they have no business winning.
So Heels fans are proud of grinding out a win against the last place team in the ACC and the only team under .500? It's one thing to grindout a win against a top 25 squad but to do it against a clearly inferior squad is another thing. What's gonna happen when they play an experienced squadlike Kansas, Memphis, hell even Georgetown or Tennessee who will know how to handle a lead late?

I think UNC has problems, most notably, the physicality problem. From here on out teams will know that the way to beat UNC is by being physical with them. You push 'em around a little bit and if you have the mental fortitude down the stretch you've got a victory. Sucks that Duke has some of the mostfinesse players in the country and don't know anything about size and physicality. Don't see us beating UNC once this year.

Wait, wasn't Petey the one claiming the Big East was a BEAST this year? You back trackin' like Carmelo right now
Injuries prevent Pitt, Lville and Cuse from being top 15 teams for now. Still gonna get 8 teams in.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I just haven't been impressed, and I guess because its clear Memphis and Kansas are the top 2 right now, I'm kinda sick of hearin about UNC bein #1 and the ESPN love

eyes.gif

[table][tr][td]
[font=times new roman, times, serif]Four-Point Play[/font]
Devils, Rebels, Cards & White

by John Gasaway
[/td] [td]Printer-
friendly
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Contact
Author
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
Can Arizona State defend like this outside Tempe?

Just nine months after finishing 2-16 in the Pac-10, Arizona State is 3-0 in conference and getting the love. What's not to like? Herb Sendek bids fair to be the Tubby Smith of the Pac-10, succeeding nicely in his current gig after being run out of town at his last one. Freshman James Harden is virtually indistinguishable from Eric Gordon on paper. Each accounts for the lion's share of his team's possessions and yet achieves outrageously high offensive efficiency by driving the ball, Memphis-style, into the paint out of half-court sets. Big man Jeff Pendergraph not only makes his twos and clears the glass, he goes to the line more frequently than even Harden and shoots a very un-big-man-like 82 percent there. Best of all, ASU has won their first three conference games thanks to great defense. Granted, it helped the Devils' defensive numbers that they caught Arizona without Jerryd Bayless. Still, to hold three Pac-10 opponents to a combined 0.86 points per trip means you're doing something right.

The issue now is what we will see from this team over its next two games: at Cal tonight, and at Stanford Saturday night. The last time Arizona State played a true road game, the Devils lost by 15 to Nebraska. If this team has grown as much as everyone says it has, winning one of those two games should be a reasonable goal.

No D here, but Ole Miss should be really fun to watch

Speaking of turnarounds, feast your eyes on the 180 that's taken place in Oxford, Mississippi. If you like your points frequent and plentiful, you're going to like Ole Miss games this season. The Rebels score in bunches...and so do their opponents. Even a hitherto somnambulant LSU offense was able to record 71 points in just 64 possessions against the charitable defenders of Ole Miss. The Rebels won that game anyway, and they did it the same way they've won 15 of 16, by taking care of the ball and crashing the offensive glass. The thing that's striking about Ole Miss games is that they contain no turnovers. This team has played two SEC games in which there have been a total, for both teams, of 36 turnovers. That averages out to just nine per team per game. The Rebels don't turn it over, nor do their opponents. That means points will be scored.

There would be even more points scored if Andy Kennedy could convince his team to give Dwayne Curtis some more touches. Be that as it may, if you saw the Tennessee game, you know that freshman Chris Warren looks like the hoops equivalent of a growth stock. He doesn't have the glittering efficiency numbers of Gordon, Harden, Bayless, et al, nor should he: he's struggled at times this season. Still, his confidence is palpable and at times against the Volunteers he was almost single-handedly keeping his team in the game. Warren is a point guard who takes more shots than any of his teammates. If you're looking for a player who, by 2010, will look something like Acie Law, you could do worse than to direct your gaze toward the land of Faulkner, Grisham, and zero turnovers.

Remember Louisville?

The Cardinals were left for dead when David Padgett and Juan Palacios went down with injuries, yet Rick Pitino's team is just a one-point loss to Cincinnati away from sitting alone atop the Big East standings. Tonight, the Cards will host Marquette in a game that should go a long way toward further defining the top tier of the conference. Padgett and Palacios are back and Louisville, without question the best unranked team in the country, looks like a solid bet to lay claim to the best defense in the Big East come March. After three conference games, opponents are scoring just 0.84 points per possession. Teams that play the Cardinals don't make twos and don't get offensive boards, and you can thank Earl Clark for both data points. Clark and the rest of the defense will get a real test from Marquette. Their odd and ugly game against Seton Hall notwithstanding, the Eagles have been scoring with admirable efficiency in Big East play, thanks in large part to excellent three-point shooting against opponents that have gone by the book and played zone against Tom Crean's team. (Pro bono advice for Lazar Hayward: shoot more.) This game promises to be a collision of strengths: Louisville defense against Marquette offense. If the Cardinals win they'll get a ton of insta-hype. They'll deserve it.

Remember D.J. White?

The top performer in the Big Ten so far this year has been an Indiana player, just not the one you're thinking. In the span of one season D.J. White has gone from solid to shamefully underrated:

D.J. White, Then and Now
Code:
                     2006-07     2007-082FG pct.               51.2        63.4Offensive Rating      107.6       120.9Defensive Reb. Pct.    19.0        27.8  Block Pct.              8.3         6.8
White's numbers on offense have doubtless been helped along by the arrival of Eric Gordon, as teams preoccupied with defending the freshman have given the senior more room to maneuver. Still, the biggest change has been on defense, where White's gone from average to downright Al Horford-esque on the defensive glass. The improvement has been purchased at the cost of a few blocks but if you're Kelvin Sampson you'll take that trade in a heartbeat. (The list of BCS-conference players with better defensive rebounding percentages is as follows: Michael Beasley, DeVon Hardin, Kevin Love. That's it.) White will help his draft stock tremendously if he carries numbers like this through to the end of the senior season.

One last thing: the next time we hear the daily invocation of a senior who's allegedly "trying too hard" and "thinking too much about the next level," can we please cite White as the counter-example? Thank you.

John Gasaway is an author of Basketball Prospectus. You can contact John by clicking here or click here to see John's other articles.

So Heels fans are proud of grinding out a win against the last place team in the ACC and the only team under .500? It's one thing to grind out a win against a top 25 squad but to do it against a clearly inferior squad is another thing. What's gonna happen when they play an experienced squad like Kansas, Memphis, hell even Georgetown or Tennessee who will know how to handle a lead late?

I think UNC has problems, most notably, the physicality problem. From here on out teams will know that the way to beat UNC is by being physical with them. You push 'em around a little bit and if you have the mental fortitude down the stretch you've got a victory. Sucks that Duke has some of the most finesse players in the country and don't know anything about size and physicality. Don't see us beating UNC once this year.
Not at all. We shouldn't have won that game, but for whatever reason we did. Every year we win a few games like that. We play like $*%%,the other team gives us their best shot, have the game of their season, and still they go home with the L. Of course if we play like that against Kansas,Memphis, UCLA, etc, we would most likely lose...but fortunately for us this isn't March. There's a lot more ball to be played until then. We have totry to improve just like every other team in America. We aren't the best team right now, maybe not even the 3rd best. We were ranked #1 from the startand haven't lost, so we're still there by default. It is what it is.

Yea everybody seems to want to get physical with UNC. Yet when Hansbrough gets hacked and goes to the line 20 times, people want to complain.
eyes.gif

So Louisville has worked things out

Dominic James, hopefully ok.

Hopefully Providence gets goin now after tonight, that is a good W if they hold on

Back
Top Bottom