The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

It hurts me to say this....but my UK Wildcats just dont have it this year, they try and play very hard but its just not there. It hurts to watch a game knowing you are going to lose, this is the firtst year its been like that for me. We have some good players, a couple very good players....but a few guys arent Kentucky Caliber players. Maybe when Jasper and Meeks get healthy we can win some games.

What do some of you guys that REALLY follow college basketball think of UKs future under Gillispie? ( NO UK HATERS OR HOMERS RESPOND PLEASE )

You guys will be fine - He's not an amazing recruiter, but he gets more out of his players than most coaches, and Kentucky can recruit on name alone..i'd expect good things in about 2 years, when he gets all the type of players he wants and has a few older guys that know his system leading the way.

DJ Augusitin had a HUGE game tonight againt Darren "Suspect Jumpshot" Collison.....

DJ = Best pg. in the big XII?

Originally Posted by dreClark

DJ Augusitin had a HUGE game tonight againt Darren "Suspect Jumpshot" Collison.....

DJ = Best pg. in the big XII?

in the big Xii?
laugh.gif
try in the country, man...

Augustine-had 4 assists 6 turnovers.

I give him a bit of a pass for several of the TO's.. UCLA has the best defense in the country, and Augustine's team ain't all thatbesides him... he's got a few good players, but he carries that team.. they live and die with him.

Collison didn't play as good as Augustine scoring wise.

Collison had 5 assists and 1 turnover.

Augustine-had 4 assists 6 turnovers.

All it was that Darren didn't shoot it to well. It was a well played game both ways though.

Some good basketball from both teams.

EDIT***

From earlier. Budinger and Bayless played great today.
pimp.gif

Bayless>Mayo
grin.gif
right now.

by the end of the year oj will show why he has all the hype. for some reason i think hell be a better pro than he is a college player if that makes any sense

No i defiantly see where your coming from. This guy was not a top 3 recruit for nothing. All of these experts no way more then any of us. I know that he willend up being good eventually.

I still don't know if he has figured out this is not High school. Soon he will show us what he is about, i am sure of it.

But, he is definitely in the top 5....
I'd make that top 3 and that's me being generous to the 2 other point guards I have yet to determine would slide into those slots.
by the end of the year oj will show why he has all the hype. for some reason i think hell be a better pro than he is a college player if that makes any sense
I guarantee if OJ's not on a squad with as much talent as USC has right now, he'd be putting up better numbers. From the games I'vewatched so far this year he actually seems like he's more concerned with playing team ball. I didn't see the Kansas game or the game before that so Idon't know if took the leash off of himself and just went buck.

Naaaaaaah... he hasn't went nut yet. And 80% of the shots he takes are good shots. Even when he misses the shot looks like its good. Tonight he missed alot off the neck of the rim, slightly long. And you can tell he's still not 100% use to getting hit a lot by bigs.

But the talent is definitely there. You can see flashes of why he is touted as he is, from his poise to the awareness (the pass to deavon off the rebound crazy
eek.gif
smh.gif
) to his ability to get his shot whenever, and he was trying to play defense today. Then he's the focal point of the defense every rip, especiallywhen Taj or Deavon has an off night like we saw today.

And Haiti I too believe he will be the better pro prospect than college player and that's saying something.

That UCLA v. Texas game was ill.

Texas did too much standing around, though.
For whatever reason, there was a bunch of
times when Augustin was just chillin' dribbling
around and no one was moving. It wasn't like
they were trying to kill the clock either, they were
just wasting mad time.

Damion James looked good also.
Dude is definitely a lot better than last year.

Augustin is the best PG in the nation IMO.. son is work..

And by the end of the yr. my man Mayo will be
pimp.gif
the games ive seen so far he's played within the team not trying to do to much, it looks like he'snot even trying and he d's up.

Originally Posted by Sole For Real

Gordon is a beast
pimp.gif
. Imagine trying to guard him in high school
sick.gif
. My bf was getting abused
smh.gif

^ A lot of Boyfriends and Husbands have been and will be getting abused by EG
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by henz0

Augustin is the best PG in the nation IMO.. son is work..

And by the end of the yr. my man Mayo will be
pimp.gif
the games ive seen so far he's played within the team not trying to do to much, it looks like he's not even trying and he d's up.

Actually I've been least impressed by Mayo out of all the big freshmen this year... seems like he's had the most trouble adjusting his game at thislevel out of all these guys so far.. However, you can see that he's going to be a great player... I just don't think he's figured it completely outyet, lucky for him the rest of his teammates have.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Sole For Real

Gordon is a beast
pimp.gif
. Imagine trying to guard him in high school
sick.gif
. My bf was getting abused
smh.gif
Hold on... Isn't your bf the person in your sig?
nerd.gif

Kevin Love is S-L-O-O-O-O-W.

And for his incredible, never before seen outlet passes..he hasn't managed to have more than 3 assists in a game

Went to those games on Saturday in Boston. Zags were pretty impressive, especially Pargo and Bouldin (sp?). That freshman Daye is physically weak as hell andplayed awful on Saturday. He did hit some clutch freethrows at the end of the game but before that point he looked bad.

Went to the VCU/UMD game last night. Good to see my Rams get the W. Jamal Shuler is stepping it up since Walker and Pella-Rosa left. Even though our record iseh, we're still a force to be reckoned with. Now if only Mason would lose.

Texas did too much standing around, though.
For whatever reason, there was a bunch of
times when Augustin was just chillin' dribbling
around and no one was moving. It wasn't like
they were trying to kill the clock either, they were
just wasting mad time.
Exactly! i didnt know what dudes were doin just standin around

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Actually I've been least impressed by Mayo out of all the big freshmen this year... seems like he's had the most trouble adjusting his game at this level out of all these guys so far.. However, you can see that he's going to be a great player... I just don't think he's figured it completely out yet, lucky for him the rest of his teammates have.
eek.gif

So EG bent you over and gave you the wang huh?
laugh.gif

What he hit you for 30-40? Its cool he is a top 5 fresh of the country.

Back
Top Bottom