The College Basketball Post

How is Taj Gibson (overrated himself) going to deal with the bigs Memphis can throw out there? He has no help
he can score on them, but as far as the defensive end he is screwed in my eyes

Kentucky freshman guard Legion to transfer

ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 4, 2007, 1:56 AM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Kentucky freshman guard Alex Legion wants to transfer and informed coach Billy Gillispie of his decision on Monday night.

"It's unfortunate and not what I wanted to hear, but I understand," Gillispie said, according a statement released by the school.

"We met with Alex and his mother Friday, and she informed us of her desire to seek a release for her son. Shortly after that meeting, Alex told me that he still wanted to be a part of our program. He played in the game against North Carolina Saturday and seemed happy when I spoke with him Sunday."

On the way back from the funeral services for former Wildcats greats Ralph Beard and Tommy Kron, Gillispie learned that Legion had not attended Monday afternoon's practice. Legion told him of his decision later that evening.

"You always hate to lose a valued member of your program, and Alex was definitely that. He has tremendous potential as a player and a student, but most importantly, he is a wonderful young man. We hate to see him leave, but if he can be happier elsewhere then all you can do is wish him the best."

Legion has played in all six games this season, starting twice. He averaged 6.7 points per game.

Legion, a native of Inkster, Mich., originally signed with Michigan but was released from his national letter of intent when Tommy Amaker was fired by the school.
[h4]Amazing Statistics[/h4]

By Yoni Cohen on Mon Dec 03, 2007 at 11:44:41 PM EST

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Arizona's upset of Texas A&M was only the second 'Cats win in their last eight home games against major-conference opponents. (AP's Bagnato) LINK.[/font]
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Texas' upset of UCLA should not have been too big of a surprise. The Longhorns connected on 25 of 35 attempts (71.4 percent) from inside the arc in their 97-78 demolition of Tennessee. (Rivals' McClellan) LINK.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]North Carolina is in the middle of a stretch it which it will go almost a month without a home game. During this period, the Tar Heels will play two games on neutral courts and four on the road. During the "preseason," frequent travel is to be expected from smaller programs, but from UNC? (SN's DeCourcy) LINK.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Duke is averaging eight more possessions per 40 minutes than it did last season. Necessity has been the mother of invention for the smallish Blue Devils. (SI's Winn) LINK.[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Questions: Will pressure defense work against Indiana in the future? Tennessee State pressured the Hoosiers with relative success...Can somebody please explain to me why Texas Tech thought it wise to name Pat Knight the school's next basketball coach? He doesn't come across as the most mature of assistant coaches...Might Tommie Liddell Jr. have been right? St. Louis recently lost to Kent State by 41.[/font]

what time is the USC Memphis game tonight and what channel?

I don't see them fairing well in this game unless Mayo shows out, Hackett is nowhere near strong enough to guard Pooh, so more than likely he'll besacrificed to CDR he's in for a tough night either way it goes
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

How is Taj Gibson (overrated himself) going to deal with the bigs Memphis can throw out there? He has no help

I'm hoping for a Memphis blowout...I can't stand USC
I'm hoping you get thrown under a bus. I can't stand HATERS.

NEW YORK, NY -- The No. 24 USC men's basketball team (6-2) will face No. 2 Memphis (6-0) at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY at 9 p.m. on Dec. 4. USC had a six-game winning streak snapped on Saturday with a loss to Kansas. For the second consecutive season, the Trojans have begun with a 6-2 record. The last time USC had a better start was in 2000-01 when it began the season 8-0.

GO S-C!!! GO S-C!!!

FIGHT ON

Comparing Georgetowns basketball on the court and the way they carry themselves off it (coaching staff) compared to USC isn't worth the discussion

from another perspective...going at g town basketball is like going at USC football

Originally Posted by haiti5

from another perspective...going at g town basketball is like going at USC football

Even worse... Gtown is one of the reasons college basketball is where it's at today... they're an originator of the way the game is looked attoday..

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Even worse... Gtown is one of the reasons college basketball is where it's at today... they're an originator of the way the game is looked at today..
Much respect to the G'Town program but all this random hate for SC is ridiculous IMHO.
tired.gif

The games don't start until 7 Haiti.
(If you meant your stuck in the office until 6 like you were gonna miss something)

pimp.gif

On my way to MSG right now ..
shutup jo'...im in the office till 6
mad.gif

douglass roberts is a lottery pick and will show why

I believe this to be true as well, but that all depends on who comes out... But He Is Damn Gifted
pimp.gif

Today is gonna be a good day of ball

Rose Vs. OJ @ the Garden.....Lets see if OJ can shoot 6-22 today
laugh.gif
. You know he isgonna be GUNNIN with the pro scouts in attendance just like the Kansas game (There are going to be 42 pro and international scouts there at the Garden tonight,every NBA team will be represented).

And how they gonna match up Beasley against ND.....I just have a feeling he is gonna put some crazy numbers up (40 is not out of the question)...After the gameagainst Oregon I don't see him passing the ball ever again
laugh.gif
...and rightfully so,his team is terrible.

And how is Legion gonna transfer?
laugh.gif
Its six games in.....

(If you meant your stuck in the office until 6 like you were gonna miss something)
ohh snaps i thought it was six.

ohh snaps i thought it was six.

Yeah ND Vs Kansas State at 7:00
Usc Vs Memphis at 9 :30
pimp.gif

Harongody vs Beasley?
laugh.gif
should be interesting... two stat monsters, in their own ways. And then OJ "chuck it" Mayo vs Mr. Rose? Funnn stuff...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Harongody vs Beasley?
laugh.gif
should be interesting... two stat monsters, in their own ways. And then OJ "chuck it" Mayo vs Mr. Rose? Funnn stuff...

Harangody is a beast. Dude is a monster.
laugh.gif

Much respect to the G'Town program but all this random hate for SC is ridiculous IMHO
Cause USC homers came out the woodworks after getting to the Sweet 16 and OJ signing with them as if they were relevant on the college basketballmap......
laugh.gif

When's the last time G'Town won it all? '84?
Such an idiotic comment.
indifferent.gif

I don't see them fairing well in this game unless Mayo shows out, Hackett is nowhere near strong enough to guard Pooh, so more than likely he'll be sacrificed to CDR he's in for a tough night either way it goes
USC doesn't really have a chance. This is more like a tryout for the NBA with Taj, Hackett, Jefferson, OJ, Rose, CDR, Dorsey, and Dozier allbeing pro prospects.
Like, a better version of Rodney Carney
At first I was like, they don't even play like one another, but upon second thought they honestly have the same qualities in their game. Amazing athletic ability, bunnies like
eek.gif
, great slashing ability, thetendency to shoot jump shots when they should be taking advantage of their slashing abilities, and they both high yellow.
laugh.gif

Cause USC homers came out the woodworks after getting to the Sweet 16 and OJ signing with them as if they were relevant on the college basketball map......
Pretty much, I mean I didn't like yall when you had Sam Clancy and Jeff Trapiegner either, so I just don't like them
laugh.gif

Now if you want to call me a hater with programs like Duke and Syracuse, be my guest...USC
ohwell.gif

Harangody
laugh.gif
...get those stats in now you big dufous

Back
Top Bottom