The College Basketball Post

After watching Iowa State last night I've come to the conclusion that if there is a year KU doesn't win the Big 12, this is it.

The league is extremely deep and there might be only six "gimmes" on the conference schedule.

Both games against Texas, OU, Iowa State, West Virginia and K State will be tough. Road games against those teams and Tech, Baylor, Okie State, TCU will be tough.

I'll still predict KU to win it, but won't be surprised if they don't.

If Tim Quarterman can keep playing well, LSU is a completely different team, just gives them a dynamic guard which they sorely needed. Still not sure about the coach though.

If you had to choose a surprise Big Ten team for the rest of the season... who would it be?

Penn State? (wins over V-Tech and USC, which regardless of what your opinions are of VT or USC... it's atypical for Chambers to pick up two major conference victories this early)

Maryland? As in they'll be better than their current ranking.

Iowa? For me, that's it. Don't know how they came into the year unranked... they are worthy of at least 24/25.

Last edited:
Purdue has been pretty decent so far, wins over NC State, BYU and Missouri, definitely got to be in the convo for sleeper team.

True. Haas was getting a lot of attention during the Maui Invitational. I am such an A.J. Hammons pessimist, though. It taints most of what I think about Purdue until I see them string together a couple of quality in-conference victories.

I like Hammons. Doesn't bring it consistently honestly and I would imagine watching him game-in, game-out would be infuriating but he's huge. Not many guys who have his size and fluidity out there.

I swear Dakari Johnson was Kendrick Perkins Jr/couldn't even walk and talk at the same time at the beginning of last year. Now this dude has post moves and is knocking down his free throws.

Tyler Ulis earns my point guard seal of approval :pimp:

The Harrison twins still piss me off and I still can't tell which is which.

Last edited:
The more I watch Willie the more he kinda reminds me of Noah with better offensive potential. Definitely Top 10 from the looks of it.

Let's keep this lead ..

WCS just isn't fair on defense, he's going to make a lot of money doing Tyson Chandler things.

Myles Turner playing very soft.

Back
Top Bottom