The College Basketball Post

meh, Arkansas is something like 45-6 at home and 4-24 away over the last 3 seasons.... they were favored last night. Young obviously thought that 3 was at the buzzer, just stood there, and it took a great bounce for a putback. James Young should be a better free throw shooter tho (5-8 last night)... but each twin only missed 1, Randle was 10-14, Poythress hit both of his attempts. I'll take that. 5 misses came from two 7 footers who don't play a lot (Lee and Dakari) so i'm not blaming free throws.

they just lost, **** happens, don't over-analyze it. I thought they played pretty good at a tough place to play.

WCS was useless, tho.

20-36 vs Mich St (lost by 4)

12-23 vs Baylor (lost by 5)

29-43 @ UNC (lost by 5)

26-40 @ Arkansas (lost by 2)

We can't deny there's a free throw shooting issue with this team.

I definitely agree with the fact that they played pretty good in a hostile environment but they have to stop leaving points on the line if they expect to win on the road/neutral sites.

UK also turned the ball over like 17 times

6 or 7 of those had to be Randle

Last edited:
No credit to the Razorbacks? :lol:

The young guards showed their youth for UK and Randle is just a man.

Arkansas is terrible away from home, but then again this team has only one true road game this season, jury is still out there. The development of Portis and Madden's continued improvement will be vital. UK had one answer and that was Randle.

If Anderson could get his team out of that bs motion offense and taking higher percentage shots, they wouldn't appear to most as chopped liver because there are some talented young players on the roster.

They should be coming off two upsets, since they choked that one away.:smh:

Last edited:
I'm going with Aaron just bc he shown signs he can run the 1 on a college level. True combo guard, I've seen Young make some bone head decision which asked to make a play.

UK also turned the ball over like 17 times

6 or 7 of those had to be Randle

thank you... turnovers are a bigger issuse than free throws to me. Yes UK needs to shoot better, they get to the line more than any team in the country.

Randle and the twins shoot over 70% from the line... all better than Young. (why?!)

WCS, Dakari, and Lee all shoot under 50%... no shocker that young 7-footers can't shoot.

A Cal coached team that shoots FT's terribly? Nah that never happens :lol:

And there's no way a UK fan can be ho hum about that loss. You can't just dismiss a lack of effort on D in OVERTIME with the game on the line and be ok with that. That's just homer denial right there.

Where do people see Isiah Austin's stock? All that height for nothin'.

Last edited:
sure I can... if a UK fan wants to get all mad, go ahead. I ain't happy, but nah, I ain't getting all pissed about a loss at Arkansas in January. it's not even really a "bad loss." if bad parts of UK's games become trends resulting in bad losses, then yeah.

w/o a perfect bounce on that missed 3 and a wild finish, we'd be talking about a good job by UK to go down there and get a W.

sure I can... if a UK fan wants to get all mad, go ahead. I ain't happy, but nah, I ain't getting all pissed about a loss at Arkansas in January. it's not even really a "bad loss." if bad parts of UK's games become trends resulting in bad losses, then yeah.

w/o a perfect bounce on that missed 3 and a wild finish, we'd be talking about a good job by UK to go down there and get a W.

Exactly.

Thing about Randle...lot of times he just throws his body around, because he knows he will get the call.

Towards the end of that Arkansas game, that is all he was doing.

Yeah Randle engages in a lot of bully ball where he just puts his head down and plays chicken with the defender.

This will work in college because he's a man amongst boys but not in the L, well atleast not all the time. It's strange because he showed a lot more moves in HS and his footwork seemed better but it was probably him being more comfortable/lack of comp.

I'd also like to see him make that 15 footer consistently so he can keep the defense honest, though somehow he continuously scores over double/triple teams, not sustainable.

Played really good defense at times last night though, need more of that too.

Isaiah Austin= Byron Mullens. Fact

Sick of all these damn fouls. The wake/state game I was at tonight lasted 2 and a half hours due to 50 free throw attempts smh.

Ran into Tim Hardaway though :pimp:

which one of you volunteer basement analysts wants to post this for me?

Calipari: It's not just free throws
Premium Story
Julius Randle eyes the rim on free throw attempt.
By Jeff Drummond
Publisher
Date: Jan 15, 2014

There are very few topics for which Kentucky coach John Calipari and the Big Blue Nation don't see eye to eye. But free throws may be the biggest difference of opinion. Find out why the UK boss says it's not as big an issue as fans are making it out to be.

http://kentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=48&...scout.com/2/1366289.html#.UtdoI9ZERYQ.twitter

Yeah Randle engages in a lot of bully ball where he just puts his head down and plays chicken with the defender.

This will work in college because he's a man amongst boys but not in the L, well atleast not all the time. It's strange because he showed a lot more moves in HS and his footwork seemed better but it was probably him being more comfortable/lack of comp.

I'd also like to see him make that 15 footer consistently so he can keep the defense honest, though somehow he continuously scores over double/triple teams, not sustainable.

Played really good defense at times last night though, need more of that too.

He is a man amongst boys, plus that new hand check rule is playing in his favor too. A lot of coaches are telling their guys to just go hard at the rack, the refs are forced to call a foul.

Good road win for UConn.

Had me nervous towards the end with those backcourt turnovers, but glad they pulled it through.

Back
Top Bottom