The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

If John Wall cares about his future prosepects, he will not be going to Duke.

7d215d4877835bab1d12e766be6a4d761db9fbb.gif

Bouldin needs to improve on his consistency. The talent is there but sometimes he seems to disappear.
Exactly.
Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

read through the last 3 pages and those two statement got me depressed
smh.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

I unhitched myself from the Smith and Boynton bandwagon a couple weeks ago.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

its going to be epic beating down duke in the garden.
[KLJ] Stop it [/KLJ]
If John Wall cares about his future prosepects, he will not be going to Duke.

With this up and down game we're running, why WOULDN'T you want to go to Duke right about now? If you're a 1-3, I think that would bea good look.

If you're a 4-5, Ehhhh, I could see your point.

^Because at the end of the day Coach K's ego wouldnt allow for someone like John Wall to play to his full potential.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

What is with this Duke... You can't always send knights and bishops to get it done... You have to put that Queen out there
smh.gif
delta.jpg

They get the job done...most of the time (Terrelle Pryor's UMich visit didn't go as planned).

What makes you say that? Honestly...

I mean, Coach K all but admitted that he's been **#*#!$ up the last couple years, and after this USA 'Redeem Team' $%@*, I think the ego is notquite what it used to be....

And all Coaches have inflated egos...Some just more apparent than others..

Barnes comments on UNC offer
BARNESHARRISON_200.JPG

Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
MORE: Meyer's Mailbag: UNC's next move?

North Carolina made its next move on the recruiting front this week when Roy Williams offered elite 2010 prospect Harrison Barnes a scholarship. And the 6-foot-6, 196-pound small forward from Ames (Iowa) Senior High School is intrigued.

Barnes has the total package as a swing man.
With Barnes coming off a visit to rival Duke, the Tarheels quickly stepped up, extending its lone scholarship to Barnes.

"Coach Williams told me that they have one scholarship left for 2009 and 2010, and I'm the only one they are offering," Barnes told Rivals.com. "He said I'm their number one priority."

Barnes, the No. 4 ranked prospect in the class of 2010, now has a scholarship offer from every school recruiting him. It is a long list of schools, since Barnes has yet to formulate a school list and has maintained a wide open stance in his recruitment. Barnes, however, did concede that North Carolina is a school he would likely visit in the spring.

"I wouldn't say I'm serious about any one school," said Barnes, who also visited Kansas this fall. "I'm still wide open. There are a lot of schools for me to consider. In the spring, I'll take some more visits and more than likely start trimming my list down.

"I need to continue to build my relationship with North Carolina, but the chance of me visiting them is likely."

With his high school season beginning November 17, Barnes is on the verge of shutting down his recruitment in order to focus on his season and the development of his game.

"I'm working on becoming a complete player," he said. "I'd like to continue to improve my perimeter moves while also having a post up game. And I want to be able to handle the ball well enough to bring it up the floor."

Harrison Barnes scouting report:

A well put together wing prospect, Barnes is both a threat on the perimeter and around the basket. He has a smooth shooting stroke from three, can attack the basket off the dribble and has a feel for passing the ball. He rebounds the ball well and can score in the post. Defensively, he can guard up to three positions. The complete nature of his game makes him an elite prospect in the class of 2010.

I wonder if Roy's telling Roscoe the same thing. Hopefully, Roy snags Barnes and Smith goes to G'Town. Then UC will get Jalen Kendrick
pimp.gif

^A majority of players go into Durham talented and come out average, end of story.
Seems like it.

But Wall is one and done most likely. So how bad will one year in Durham be?

happy.gif

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Barnes comments on UNC offer
BARNESHARRISON_200.JPG

Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Talk about it in Basketball Recruiting Board
MORE: Meyer's Mailbag: UNC's next move?

North Carolina made its next move on the recruiting front this week when Roy Williams offered elite 2010 prospect Harrison Barnes a scholarship. And the 6-foot-6, 196-pound small forward from Ames (Iowa) Senior High School is intrigued.

Barnes has the total package as a swing man.
With Barnes coming off a visit to rival Duke, the Tarheels quickly stepped up, extending its lone scholarship to Barnes.

"Coach Williams told me that they have one scholarship left for 2009 and 2010, and I'm the only one they are offering," Barnes told Rivals.com. "He said I'm their number one priority."

Barnes, the No. 4 ranked prospect in the class of 2010, now has a scholarship offer from every school recruiting him. It is a long list of schools, since Barnes has yet to formulate a school list and has maintained a wide open stance in his recruitment. Barnes, however, did concede that North Carolina is a school he would likely visit in the spring.

"I wouldn't say I'm serious about any one school," said Barnes, who also visited Kansas this fall. "I'm still wide open. There are a lot of schools for me to consider. In the spring, I'll take some more visits and more than likely start trimming my list down.

"I need to continue to build my relationship with North Carolina, but the chance of me visiting them is likely."

With his high school season beginning November 17, Barnes is on the verge of shutting down his recruitment in order to focus on his season and the development of his game.

"I'm working on becoming a complete player," he said. "I'd like to continue to improve my perimeter moves while also having a post up game. And I want to be able to handle the ball well enough to bring it up the floor."

Harrison Barnes scouting report:

A well put together wing prospect, Barnes is both a threat on the perimeter and around the basket. He has a smooth shooting stroke from three, can attack the basket off the dribble and has a feel for passing the ball. He rebounds the ball well and can score in the post. Defensively, he can guard up to three positions. The complete nature of his game makes him an elite prospect in the class of 2010.

I wonder if Roy's telling Roscoe the same thing. Hopefully, Roy snags Barnes and Smith goes to G'Town.

Shut Your Face with that nonsense... That'll make me take a strong as shot of hard liquor.
smh.gif

Coach K seems as though he is not very fond of the one and done guys though, so perhaps he is having some sort of change of heart.

^ He really doesn't have a choice at this moment. With all this talent coming out...You can't pass on some of these studs.

Or, we will continually be out in the 2nd week.

Just follow your coach and go to Baylor, John...

Wall, Latavious Williams, Quincey Acy, Cory Jefferson, Anthony Jones, Tweety, LaceDarius ...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

bigmike is the biggest homer here.

jj and shelden were good examples.

how am i a homer?

now shelden u have a point but he is still a bum in the NBA. what did JJ work on at duke? he came in as a shooter and no one on one game and he left duke thesame way

i dont even mind duke but coach K ant showed nothing the past few years for any top player to go there and be like ya im go to duke and come out good and readyfor the NBA

JamesOnNT wrote:

how am i a homer?

now shelden u have a point but he is still a bum in the NBA. what did JJ work on at duke? he came in as a shooter and no one on one game and he left duke the same way

i dont even mind duke but coach K ant showed nothing the past few years for any top player to go there and be like ya im go to duke and come out good and ready for the NBA

I don't like Duke as much as the next dude but you can't seriously say that JJ Reddick didn't get better during his 4 years at Duke. My dude setthe ACC scoring record, and his offensive game steadily improved while he was at Duke.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

how am i a homer?

now shelden u have a point but he is still a bum in the NBA. what did JJ work on at duke? he came in as a shooter and no one on one game and he left duke the same way

i dont even mind duke but coach K ant showed nothing the past few years for any top player to go there and be like ya im go to duke and come out good and ready for the NBA
Agreed.

But JJ Redick DEFINITELY improved a lot over his four years at Duke ... I don't think anyone can deny that.

he went in as a shooter and been able to come off screens and he came out been better at what else?

A shooter able to come of screens....

And shoot off the dribble.

And he improved his handle

And he went to the rack (Not all the time, but WAAAAAAY more than he he did his Frosh/Soph year where it seemed like he just wanted to prove how far he couldshoot)

Back
Top Bottom