The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Why aren't they blowing out SFA, McNeese State, Florida A&M, and such... ?

Guess we'll find out pretty quick... Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Baylor, Kansas, and Texas to open the Big XII season...
My only guess is that the team isn't built to blow people out. (Though that doesn't really make sense, seeing as how we were blowing teams out last year playing basically the same style of ball.) The defense often forces teams to take a good chunk of time out of the shot clock, while the offense is slow and often uses the full shot clock. With the way A&M rebounds, there really aren't ever many second chance points scored. It kinda worries me playing close games against teams like these, especially with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, and Baylor all on the schedule twice. It's good to see that we can close out games though (even against this terrible competition), and don't have to worry as much about terrible free throw shooting as in years past (The Aggies are 35-of-39 (.897) from the free throw line in the last two minutes of "close games," which are defined as games within 10 points. In the last seven games, the Aggies are 26-of-29 (.897) in "crunch time.").

Honestly with those 5 games coming up, I can't see you guys better than 2-3.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Honestly with those 5 games coming up, I can't see you guys better than 2-3.
That's all I'm expecting. I would perfectly fine with that.

I'm predicting an 8-8 conference record (which should hopefully get us into the tourney at 22-9), with a split with Oklahoma State (1-1), split with Baylor(2-2), split with Texas (3-3), getting swept by Oklahoma (3-5), sweep of Texas Tech (5-5), lose at Kansas (5-6), win vs. Kansas State (6-6), lose at Nebraska(6-7), win vs. Iowa State (7-7), win at Colorado (8-7), lose to Missouri at home (8-
glasses.gif
. With at least one Big Xii tournament win, we should be a tourney teamagain...hopefully.

Steph is about to get duckets but Davidson is gonna get crushed.

Duke
Cuse
Tenn
L'Ville

.. yeahhh boy.

Syracuse has a very Notre Dame-**@ feel to me this year.

what they are now is what they will be in March.

No better, no worse.

Dwight Burke > Malik Story

Damn Malta... Sorry to hear that man. Stay up and be sure to DVR the tournament.

These last few pages have been comedy though.
laugh.gif

This Duke team kinda scares me.
embarassed.gif
. If Singler and Scheyer have big games againstus we could be in trouble. They run their half court offense well too.

We have College of Charleston at 9 tonight. I am kind of exited to see them play. They are one of the better mid-majors this year. Their SG, Andrew Goudelock,has been on fire lately and is averaging over 20 in his last 4 games and is knocking down some his 3s. Hopefully we bounce back strong and come out aggressive.

PS- last time we played C of C, we lost and Jason Capel was the leading scorer at 14 pts
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Score of the Cuse game?

Cuse up 47-33 to start the 2nd half.

5 offensive possessions for the Orange and 5 turnovers to start the 2nd.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

edit:

Rautins hit a 3 to break the drought. I love that dude's game.
pimp.gif

52-35 Cuse as Flynn hits a 2.

We're fine... Steph has absolutely no help
smh.gif
we're basically playing a box and 1 (not literally) just shows how much the rest of Davidson isconsidered a threat
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

just shows how much
Jason Richards is missed.

Indiana choked this game away..OH MY GOD
roll.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

BUT...

Nobody will pin the genius label on Belein again tonight
laugh.gif
...it'lljust be he doesn't have his guys yet. Never mind he walked into 2 NBA guys on his roster, more than the ZERO he developed at WVU

You wana take 35 three's against a team with NO inside presence?
laugh.gif

Gimmicks...he'll always up end an elite team here or there and be made out to be a revolutionist. Then these games will go unnoticed.

He's equal to a hard nosed, gritty white ball player. Who analysts will call so intelligent. When truth is they just aren't that good.

Yes, I hate him.

Dar Tucker got dunked on by Rick Jackson.

Damn IU
smh.gif

BC losing to Harvard? I hope they finish the game
laugh.gif

Same BC team that almost/should have lost to Umass.

Rice is a no show, they aren't winnin many games.

Back
Top Bottom