The College Basketball Post

I guess I just read it wrong the first time Craftsy .. got it. So what happens whens theres blowouts that completely ruin the spread? Im gonna read up on thetopic more tomorrow morning .. Im on my phone now

James,

Basically, take the spread and add/subtract that many points from a team's score. Say a team is favored by 5 points (which would read "-5")...atthe end of the game, subtract 5 points from that team's score. If they still hold the lead after taking the points away, you win the bet. If the game wouldfinish tied after taking those points away, you draw. If the team would lose after taking those points away, you lose.

If you still don't understand, go to centsports.com and check out their betting guide. They have a pretty simple betting guide that lays everything out inan understandable way.

Going by the spread I take

Purdue
ISU
OSU
UCONN
Arkansas

Put me in for this league. I won't be on later, but def. count me in.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I think we should cut off the # of participants at 15 or 20, for the sake of the bookkeeper(s).
I was thinking about 15-20 people with a $10 or $15 entry fee, and doing it just like a Yahoo Pick 'Em league with deadlines for picks. Theonly problem would be the shifting lines. Do you pick at the beginning of each week or wait until the day of the game when the line would be settled down nearits final point?

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

I think we should cut off the # of participants at 15 or 20, for the sake of the bookkeeper(s).
I was thinking about 15-20 people with a $10 or $15 entry fee, and doing it just like a Yahoo Pick 'Em league with deadlines for picks. The only problem would be the shifting lines. Do you pick at the beginning of each week or wait until the day of the game when the line would be settled down near its final point?
Another good point. let me see if wagerline is still doing office pools, that might save us all some trouble as far as spreads and tracking picksand what not.

Huggins has these guys really coached up this season.

Buford, smooooth
pimp.gif

I got a pool setup on wagerline. You can pick up to 5 games per day, maximum... the person with the most money at the end is the winner. Each pick is weightedthe same (1000 points), and the lines are handled by them so you can just decide the picks (up to 5) you like best that day.

Would this work for everyone? if so, i have it setup already - i just need emails to send invites out to. let me know if you'd tweak it anyway?

Originally Posted by tmay407

Looks like Craftsy beat me to it...I'll abandon this one.
nah man it's cool - i'd really rather not be in charge.. even if that means all i have to do is set it up.
laugh.gif
if you have one somewhere else we can use it.

Alright, I need email addresses from everyone that wants in so I can send out the invite.

i would be down for this...

[email protected]

EDIT- So on wagerline, they keep track of all the correct picks and points awarded? Then the winner of the pool is the one with the most points by the end ofthe year... In case of a tie what would the tie breaker be?

WVU getting all the calls but what can you expect at home?

And can we agree saturday is the start date for this, cause looks like my picks tonight might be a little off
laugh.gif

Nova has no business being a top 20 team right now.

Scottie having one of his nights tho....Hazzell has the ultimate green light.

3 on 1 and this idiot pulls up for a 3.

on the other side...just watching Kemba and how he carries himself and his understanding of the game...he's going to be a great, great college point

Back
Top Bottom