The College Basketball Post

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Give him the Naismith ASAP.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I'm not concerned at all...I never expected these games to be easy. When it's all said and done...I think they'll be right there in the Sweet 16-Elite 8.
Basically...Austin, and Chris aren't going to keep playing like this, DaJaun had a horrible game.

Anyone who's seen this game in game out will take positives from tonight. Sapp playing a little better, as I said being back on the ball at times, Henryand Clark giving productive minutes, a little boxing out, getting Greg more on the block.

Came down to What team has beat Notre Dame at home...no shame in it. Especially when 7 outa 9 kids are freshmen and soph's. Last years team probably findsa way to win this one. That's what veterans do. Notre Dame has veterans.

I was disgusted at the effort and how beat up we got against Pitt...tonight, I'm fine.

Funny the two weaknesses...rebounding and depth..

we won rebounding +9 and Clark and Sims saw a good amount of time and were fairly productive.

Notre Dame, Uconn and Pitt are off the schedule and complete disaster was avoided. 3-0 woulda been incredible, 2-1--great....1-2 is a little disappointing.Having Pitt on Saturday and turning around to go to South Bend for a monday game is no easy task....you can work with it overall, record wise and how the playhas been.

Things are still a work in progress.
We all know he's defensively ******ed but he's got the most intelligent low post game in the country, and yes I'll put his offense above Griffin and Pat Patterson (don't talk to me about Hansbroad). All he needs to do at the next level is score and rebound, and he's top 3 in both amongst big men in the country.
C'mon tho......with the shooters he has on his team...defenses can't collapse and they can't double often.

he is score first, score second and score third.

Sure he's good at it...but he's not getting things run through him on the next level.

I still feel McAlarney is their most important player...he's their 2nd ball handler (they have nobody else) and changes the way defenses have to play andNEVER leaves the floor.

Allen, stop hating, you said dude couldn't score on legit big men

Go find where I said a player on this Georgetown team would check him..

Find him a (physically developed) 6'11, 7ft guy and see how he does. That was my whole thing all along and still is.
smh.gif
@dajuan summers..dude has a low bball iq
No? I've been a critic of his, but not this year. His game has improved tremendously. Just a bad night.

These dudes have no low post game whatsoever
Thought Greg was used much more on the block tonight and was pretty successful.

And I never complain about calls, III rarely gets upset...those no calls under the hoop from the 10 minute mark to the 2 minute mark?
laugh.gif
....Harangody should have fouled out with 10 to go.

But that's what happens at home.

Same thing with making shots. And free throws.

I feel the same way with this game as I did with Tennessee...plenty good enough to win it, just didn't hit enough shots and the other team made some.

* last thing..defensively that was pretty bad and I have no room for defending it...same with the shooting.

It's not all rosy but I can deal..

This dude on North Dakota just tried to pull the Lil' Bow Wow Like Mike move throwing it off of Bryan Davis's back on the inbound play
roll.gif
smh.gif

And my bold prediction heading into conference play...
This guy will make an all-conference team this year:
80371542.jpg

Yes. Guard play the past 2 games has been putrid.

no way around it. Glad to see Clark take the majority of bench minutes tonight, though.

I can't wait for next week when the Terps begin their ACC schedule.

January 24, mark it on your calendar.
pimp.gif

allen3xis wrote:
smh.gif
@dajuan summers..dude has a low bball iq
No? I've been a critic of his, but not this year. His game has improved tremendously. Just a bad night.

Dude has it all to be honest, one of the more complete players I have seen in a minute but the princton handicapps his game just like it did withJeff. I actually think he is a more complete offensive player than Jeff was, but I may be bugging on that one. The Princeton is an offensive made to make badplayers good so when very good players are plugged in their value and skill set can get lost sometimes which is what happens with DaJuan I think. On the nextlevel I think he'll be a solid player, I just don't see him ever really busting out this season. While he as shown flashes of dominance he hasn'tbeen able to sustain it. To me there is no difference between a guy like him and Tyler smith but Tyler Smith is simply in a better offense.

DaJuan still has work to do skill wise.

His handle is still borderline awful and midrange and back to the basket need work. (they are each improved tho, last year it was a 3 or a dunk)

Another year would suit him well--especially looking at how has improved this offseason--but it won't happen.

The Princeton O is definitely being tweaked this year to fit to athleticism and can be seen in how much more we get to the line, which is nice to see.

still-- i can definitely see what you mean at times. But he'll be more suited for the next level after playing in it.

this is my first gtown game this yr.i jus didnt like the decisions he was making.u can tell he has talent..he jus does dumb #@!@ on the floor

Yea Summers handle is suspect and I think it takes away from what he could do. He has the body and athleticism to be real good.

Monroe played well. They fed him in the post enough tonight. He is such a good passer out of the post for a freshman. Guys like Samardo Samuels should takenote. It would make him such a better player. Monroe does a lot right that others freshman take a while to learn. He has great hands too.

The depth for you guys is a problem. Clark is athletic and can contribute and fill in minutes. I don't think Wattad can play this year. If Sapp can getback on track....which I think he will. It should help a lot.

Wright had a tough game. Seemed like him and Freeman could get no flow going and it carried until the end of the game. ND still won't win anything thisyear. Not enough defense and I fully expect them to get bodied by Pitt. Who is going to defend Young? Blair? How about Thabeet? Robinson?

Their the same as last year. Tough at home but their style of play is tough to win with. NC is about the same. They got worked in the half court the othernight.

They didn't give the ball to Greg enough for my liking... they really had no answers for him
smh.gif

He should really get a look everytime down the court. EVERY time.

NC is about the same. They got worked in the half court the other night.
One thing I'd be very worried about if I were a UNC fan...

There are many things a team can improve on by seasons' end, but I think the most difficult is defensive cohesion, and that seems to be what UNC islacking, especially in the half court. If a team can slow down the heels and keep the game under 80 points, it becomes quite easy to beat the heels. (SeeClemson last year)

Greg
smh.gif
...better than I ever even expected. I agree, feed him more now.

I swear I didn't even see DaJuan cuttin from my couch when he made that bounce pass to him...

it becomes quite easy to beat the heels.
IDK if I'd go that far...but yeah..

I think it all starts with transition D...that'll frustrate Ty if he can't goin...and on the other end, I've never been impressed with how theyplay D in the half court. If you're strong with the ball you can find success.

good games tomorrow

Siena @ Kansas
Ohio State @ Michigan State --ESPN2
Purdue @ Penn State
Uconn @ West Virginia -- ESPNU (that is going to be a %*@**!* brawl
pimp.gif
)
Texas @ Arkansas --ESPN2
LSU @ Utah

that'll frustrate Ty if he can't goin...and on the other end, I've never been impressed with how they play D in the half court. If you're strong with the ball you can find success
exactly why they wont win a chip. half court D is garbage always has been. they have good one on one defenders but that goes out the window in thetourney

Originally Posted by allen3xis

good games tomorrow

Siena @ Kansas
Purdue @ Penn State
pimp.gif
)
Texas @ Arkansas --ESPN2
LSU @ Utah
Arkansas 'bout to pull that upset. I'm surprised they didn't more votes in the polls this week.

If West Virginia goes zone all game then that upset is more than likely happening.

Uconn frustrates me as a viewer.

So much ability..they really have the personnel to do fine against a zone. go high low--use the T Game offense some....idk how Adrien, Thabeet and Stanley canact as passers..

They don't have much for consistent shooters but there's just so much talent and it's just not getting all used up.

Don't know if that's on Calhoun or just the type of players they are...probably a combo.

Been that way since Emeka and Ben left..

^dudes lack on court discipline..i love calhoun but he barks more than bites..the mistakes those kids make are coaching mistakes imo.they have the type ofsquad to run the table..great point guards..great slashers..a legit post presence. they have spurts where u cant even get past the guards for thabeet to evenattempt a block.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by allen3xis

good games tomorrow

Siena @ Kansas
Purdue @ Penn State
pimp.gif
)
Texas @ Arkansas --ESPN2
LSU @ Utah
Arkansas 'bout to pull that upset. I'm surprised they didn't more votes in the polls this week.

If West Virginia goes zone all game then that upset is more than likely happening.

Reverse Jinx again???
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NittanyBaller21

If a team can slow down the heels and keep the game under 80 points, it becomes quite easy to beat the heels. (See Clemson last year)
True. UNC is definitely beatable if you deny them their transition game. On a side note, they still swept Clemson last year.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom