The College Basketball Post

College 4's are in trouble. Ben Simmons is going to destroy college, it's going to be worse nastier than when Justise Winslow was at the 4.

Hopefully Cal is smart enough to put jaylen brown at the 4 as well.

College 4's are in trouble. Ben Simmons is going to destroy college, it's going to be worse nastier than when Justise Winslow was at the 4.

Hopefully Cal is smart enough to put jaylen brown at the 4 as well.

Tried to tell you Simmons was real. Chad Ford has him #1 on his early mock, and said some scouts are saying he would've gone #1 this year. Same thing I was saying that I got heat for in the other thread.

Simmons is intruiging and trendy because of this whole "position-less basketball" trend.

I don't think Jaylen will be effective at the 4.

I
Tried to tell you Simmons was real. Chad Ford has him #1 on his early mock, and said some scouts are saying he would've gone #1 this year. Same thing I was saying that I got heat for in the other thread.

Simmons is intruiging and trendy because of this whole "position-less basketball" trend.

You miss understand me.

I've said for a long time, that Ben Simmons will destroy college 4's. I've made this comment about a couple guys. Including Jaylen Brown.

but

I feel the same way about him as an NBA prospect as I always have, he's a weird fit that will take a smart inventive coach to get the most out of. I wouldn't have taken him 1. I still have Skal Labissiere as 1 right now imo.

this opinion could obviously change once they start playing real basketball, but it's not going change off of preseason exhibitions.

Last edited:

You gassed buddy. Doing work in college does not translate to doing work in the league, especially by playing out of position for a year.

He's gonna kill in college, especially in the SEC but don't let that fool you into thinking he's a certified star at the next level.

You gassed buddy. Doing work in college does not translate to doing work in the league, especially by playing out of position for a year.

He's gonna kill in college, especially in the SEC but don't let that fool you into thinking he's a certified star at the next level.

I'm gassing him cuz I believe he is the next star prospect. Not because I think he will do well in college lol.

The scouts are noticing and that's starting to become the consensus that he's next in line. Like I said, multiple scouts said they'd take him #1 overall in the 2015 draft.

LSU will be a problem. I think Tim Quarterman will have full time PG duties and be a mid to late round first pick.

SEC is up for grabs.

Nobody was taking Ben Simmons over any of the top 3 picks in the draft, I'm not buying that.

He's going to be great in his 1 year but he still can't shoot and an NBA team is not going to let him be a point forward.

He also has dinosaur arms and doesn't not project to be a good defender.

His playmaking ability with the ball is great, he's got great vision and is a good finisher but I don't know about against NBA level defenders.

Nobody was taking Ben Simmons over any of the top 3 picks in the draft, I'm not buying that.

He's going to be great in his 1 year but he still can't shoot and an NBA team is not going to let him be a point forward.

He also has dinosaur arms and doesn't not project to be a good defender.

His playmaking ability with the ball is great, he's got great vision and is a good finisher but I don't know about against NBA level defenders.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2016&source=Chad-Ford-Big-Board

Just wait and see. He reminds me of a smaller (weight) quicker version of Blake Griffin with less bounce.

Dude is a legit 6'10 240lbs and can fill it up and is crazy versatile. Him eventually developing a solid jumper is a formality. And when it comes...look out.

All the scouts were amazed at how he was defending James Harden and Anthony Davis a few weeks ago. Might not ever become a dominant shot-blocker, but he will be a versatile defender, able to guard multiple positions.

Last edited:
When Blake can handle the ball and pass like that let me know.

As far as overall(well rounded) game it's close to lebron. He isn't and won't ever be. I'm not talking about the explosiveness or any of that. Just ability to fill up a stat sheet because that comment will get overblown. I know allen feels the same way

When Blake can handle and pass like that? :lol:

Yall some real wild boys.

Ain't even touching that Bron comparison because it speaks for itself.

Great to see UNC fans in here...I felt alone. Haha....and overwhelmed.  There's a lot of Dukies in here.  It's been a painful couple of years especially with Duke winning the...nevermind. I can't even say it.  
We in here fam.... peep the name

His playing style is very similar to LeBron's. Not the same player or close to it, obviously. But he has more pop to his perimeter game than any traditional PF he'll get compared to. I don't think an NBA team is going to have to get that creative to utilize what he does well. he might be good enough to run offense through as a point forward.

I think he kills this year and probably does go 1 (but I do think Skal long-term is better talent if he develops.)

Then they are not really comparable. That's like comparing Andre Miller to John Wall :rofl:
:lol: I know, I just wasn't quite sure how else to put it...They have similar frames and bball IQ/feel for the game, however, one can actually move...

Simmons
Skal
Jaylen Brown should all killing it as freshman

I'm checking for Diallo, Malik Newman , and D Bacon as well this season ...I'm ready to watch some games, feels weird to see the terps gon be highly ranked again :lol: :pimp:

Why all these young ****** named some form of Jalen?

I noticed names been getting more ridiculous through paying attention to prospects.

Diamond Stone? Like really?

Lmao

I feel like I read a lot of dudes in different sports being named Shaq or Shaquille

Srs though, I hope Brunson gets the reigns at Nova. Feel like he will turn a lot of heads. For being considered perhaps the best PG in the nation, nobody ever talks about him

I don't think Diallo sees the light of day at Kansas (eligibility)

Freshman I'm most excited to see:

Henry Ellenson
Murray/Briscoe combo
Thomas Bryant

Back
Top Bottom