The College Basketball Post

From what I know, dude wasnt going to class, showing up late for all sorts of team stuff, and not really reacting to anything when he got punished for it. Ithink Calhoun knows the kids potential is through the roof and he really isnt working to get better, and Calhoun wants him to see how easy it would be to loseit all in a second. I think in about a month or so we see Stanley as a certified beast...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by allen3xis

And I'd assume McAdoo chooses between Duke/UNC when it's all said and done.
Beast.

Boy needs to come to Chapel Hill.

Did I just see Dre hoping someone who is a 'beast' to go there?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by dreClark

And I'd assume McAdoo chooses between Duke/UNC when it's all said and done.
Beast.

Boy needs to come to Chapel Hill and +#%% there girls out after he drops 35 against them in his 1st game vs UNC as a Dookie.

Did I just see Dre hoping someone who is a 'beast' to go there?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Yeah man...What can I say....
tired.gif

Malta,

Stanley will be good to go for the 29th?
nerd.gif

Sure will. I don't expect him to come around to form until the end of the conference season but hopefully it won't just be him but the entire teamcoming together at the same time.

Also, for as much @#%% that people give Calhoun for being a rat, you have to applaud him for doing something of this nature. One reason why I never enjoyedathletics in college was because of the coaches who didn't care much about developing relationships with their players nor helping them mature during their4 years of eligibility. Calhoun is a %*%$, straight up, but even something like this has got me looking at him in different light.

And its not from what I've read, its from seeing Sticks and his attitude change. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for right now cause he couldeasily go back to what he used to be like, but I think his maturity will help the rest of the team come together. I'm hoping his return has the sameeffect that Dyson and Wiggins suspension had on the team last year where they squeezed out tough win after tough win and built some character.

^ his regular form is generally underachieving while occasionally showing flashes of a competent basketball player, so id say he'd be up to form rightaway.

It's just another front line player that Uconn is not in need of
tired.gif

Interested in watchin this Cuse game, I think they get a game for the most part.

^ that's what I'm sayin.
Also, for as much @#%% that people give Calhoun for being a rat, you have to applaud him for doing something of this nature
I have a hard time not viewing this as....I'm getting old, have health concerns, this is my last chance at a title season.

If it was a player that couldn't help...idk if Calhoun takes these same steps.
"I had a couple of players I asked to leave the program. I didn't want Stanley to leave."
What was the difference..? He can say Stanley has a heart of gold, but he's just more talented than a Curtis Kelly.

If Calhoun is sincere in it, great. If everything is legitimate, great that Robinson has this 2nd chance and has worked hard getting back.

But I have my doubts.

Why does Boeheim even want Devendorf? He's made 4 or 5 idiot mistakes in the first 10 minutes

Why does Boeheim even want Devendorf? He's made 4 or 5 idiot mistakes in the first 10 minutes
Thats what I am saying. People act like we can't do anything without him.

If he goes we lose penetration, we lose his dumb mistakes, and we gain in defense.

^ but they will when Yarou comes next year.

Nova, Duke, UNC are already stacked for the next few seasons.

make sure yall watch Sportscenter tonight to see the end of the Cuse game

oh my god
eek.gif
roll.gif

incredible.

Cuse got out worked ALL game tho, and still make a lot of dumb plays

Didn't get the chance to watch the game but I saw the score. I am speechless. It is VERY, VERY difficult to support this team. I don't want to evenknow how we lost.

^ that's what I'm sayin.
Also, for as much @#%% that people give Calhoun for being a rat, you have to applaud him for doing something of this nature
I have a hard time not viewing this as....I'm getting old, have health concerns, this is my last chance at a title season.

If it was a player that couldn't help...idk if Calhoun takes these same steps.
"I had a couple of players I asked to leave the program. I didn't want Stanley to leave."
What was the difference..? He can say Stanley has a heart of gold, but he's just more talented than a Curtis Kelly.

If Calhoun is sincere in it, great. If everything is legitimate, great that Robinson has this 2nd chance and has worked hard getting back.

But I have my doubts.

I mean, Stanley gives UConn an athletic wing and another dimension but they can still be contenders without him. I honestly think Calhoun sees something inSticks and wants to help him. Wiggins was just as important as Sticks was last year but he gladly let him bounce to UMass. Why? Cause Dougie is a damnknuckle head and there was no helping him mature. He stuck it out with AJ even though he clearly didn't need him at the time and was unsure of what kindof basketball player he'd turn out to be but he saw something in him.

Again, like I said before, it's not entirely impossible to think that Calhoun actually cares about the kid. Sticks didn't do anything wrong in regardsto academics or the law, so Calhoun really had no need to do what he did but he wanted dude to mature as a man. That's real. Look at Boeheim. He lets 8Mile play while all this !#%$ is going on. Pitino? Look how long it took before he smartened up with fat boy? Alot of coaches are guilty of looking outtheir season but not alot actually show some brass and do what's right for the kids.

make sure yall watch Sportscenter tonight to see the end of the Cuse game

oh my god
eek.gif
roll.gif

incredible.

Cuse got out worked ALL game tho, and still make a lot of dumb plays

My dude threw a BULLET to the middle of the glass.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

^ but they will when Yarou comes next year.

Nova, Duke, UNC are already stacked for the next few seasons.
As is Texas...

laugh.gif
cuse... i actually feel for you guys a bit, it's getting ugly up there.. but maybe this is a blessing in disguise to get some changes made up there.you've gotta hit rock bottom before you can start getting better, ya know?

somehow i don't think this loss is going to sit real well with even the biggest supporters of the current regime.

I hear you, Malta. Good point on Wiggins.

If Cuse even gets to the last 5 minutes against Memphis with it being a game, it will be an accomplishment. That place is so tough to play @ for a big game.

Good thing they played well out in Kansas City.

Cuse deserved to lose...im tired of this %**% year after year....Wichita St. Drexel Charlotte Cleveland St. and im sure im forgetting some.....Boheim aka Mr.Six Flags just doesnt get through to the players ne more

Yea we deserved to lose but if were going to lose now isn't a bad time.
I wasn't surprised that we came out sluggish becuase....we always do that. But I was surprised we didn't pull it out.
Cleveland state hit some clutch shots and the last one was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Now we know we have to play well against Memphis and they'll will definitely be focused now.

Back
Top Bottom