The College Basketball Post

Gonna be interesting one of these years when a bunch of Cal's freshmen end up staying and couple with the incoming class of freshmen. Always good to have that depth but at the same time trying to manage a rotation that can go 10-12 deep and find playing time for everyone is gonna be :x

If only Randle and Young bolt, that leaves the twins, Dakari, Lee, WCS, Poythress, then Towns, Lyles, Ulis, Booker. That's a 10 man rotation of 5 star recruits. Who doesn't see clock next year?

In that situation I would say Booker,Ulis,Lee,and Poythress get the least amount of minutes...Cal on the morning show on CBS this morning,he revealed the "tweak" to making the team better was getting Andrew to look for more assists and take less shots,he said he showed him game film of Deron Williams...

I have to say, I was a big Trey Lyles fan for a while, I saw Trey at u19 and I wasn't impressed, looked out of shape, and slow, he was dealing with an injury at the time, but reports are he played poorly in practice and is playing like dog **** in this game.

I don't know if he's taking this seriously and thats never a good sign

If I was a Kentucky fan I would be SLIGHTLY, worried. He is really OD'ing on that mid range jumper, he's an average athlete as well, Cal's gotta beat that him.

No need to worry when you probably have WCS, Dakari, and Lee coming back plus the addition of Towns.

Now if we lose WCS and Dakari then its time to be SLIGHTLY worried.

Gonna be interesting one of these years when a bunch of Cal's freshmen end up staying and couple with the incoming class of freshmen. Always good to have that depth but at the same time trying to manage a rotation that can go 10-12 deep and find playing time for everyone is gonna be :x

If only Randle and Young bolt, that leaves the twins, Dakari, Lee, WCS, Poythress, then Towns, Lyles, Ulis, Booker. That's a 10 man rotation of 5 star recruits. Who doesn't see clock next year?

In that situation I would say Booker,Ulis,Lee,and Poythress get the least amount of minutes...Cal on the morning show on CBS this morning,he revealed the "tweak" to making the team better was getting Andrew to look for more assists and take less shots,he said he showed him game film of Deron Williams...

I think Poythress would start and Ullis/Booker/Lyles would see the least amount of time in that scenario

I think Poythress would start and Ullis/Booker/Lyles would see the least amount of time in that scenario

I want to see Poythress succeed so bad but I don't know if dude has it in him...Poythress,Twins,WCS,and Towns starting would be :nthat:

Same here, he needs to really improve that jump shot this summer ... hopefully we only lose Young and Randle ..

I'm not a big Trey Lyles fan at all, agree with everything OKB said about him. I think he might be the guy that gets lost in the rotation if only Randle and Young leave. Towns is going to be playing A LOT, WCS and Dakari are obviously still going to get a bunch of minutes at the other big man spot, Lee showed enough to earn some real minutes and Poythress even can play some minutes at power forward. If this scenario happens I bet Lyles transfers after this season.

Just like Marcus Lee is ready to transfer because he didn't get any minutes this season?? When these 5 star recruits come to UK they know what they signed up for and the possibility that guys from the previous class before them might stick around another year. If Lyles was that concerned about PT he would've chose Louisville instead of UK.

I think Cal will get the best out of Lyles, he's very skilled, but the jumper has got to fall for him to live up to his recruiting rank.

and I think with Mudiay dribbling the air out of the ball he was put in some bad end of shot clock moments.

Still like his game.

Wonder if  Moustapha Herron will open his recruitment back up now. Slice was why he committed to Pitt.

Duke hosting Rice transfer Sean Obi this week

"At 6-foot-9 and 265 pounds with soft hands and good rebounding instincts, Obi led C-USA in rebounding and ranked fourth in field goal percentage (59.1). He added nine double-doubles and finished the season averaging 11.4 points and 9.3 rebounds per game."

From Tyus: "By the way, one of my teammates at that U17 World Championship in Lithuania was Jabari Parker – who I’m looking forward to teaming up with again when I get to Duke in the fall. I spoke to Coach K just before coming out here, and I’ll probably talk to him again in a few days. We talk on a regular basis, and I’m very excited to get to Durham. But we’ve got business here first. Saturday we take on the World team, and we’re ready to play."
he's gone

Surprised Harrell didn't declare

surprised but totally understand why he stayed. he can be the man next yr and have more shots. the kid is still raw and needs to refine his gm. if he declared, who knows where he will end up, late first-second rd. probably end up sitting on the bench and never develop. maybe he just enjoys the college lifestyle. think this is a great decision basketball wise for him

Looks like Aaron Gordon will declare this week and Nick Johnson shortly after. Always been a fan of Gabe York would love to see him step up.

I had him as late lottery to 20.

you should always take the money, but I guess he's not ready to leave, hopefully he stays healthy next year.

Last edited:
Wow, very surprised. Not a big fan of this move by him. I like him as an NBA player but I still think his ceiling isn't very high. Think he could have snuck into the late-lottery. Next year's draft is weak though so he should be a top 10 guy.

Him verse Jahlil should be fun to watch.

With his skill set, I doubt that his stock is affected that much as long as he stays healthy.

Last edited:
And Gabe York is trash, he's going to be in the same role he was last year, 6th man since word is Nick is leaving.

Not a fan of Gabe either. He's basically a poor man's Nick Johnson. Like really poor.

And why Tyus gotta throw that curveball in there? 'Bari gone but a boy can dream.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Lavin and I want him fired. They won't do it because basketball doesn't matter right now at St. John's since we just had a turnover with our President.

Phil Greene and Obekpa are coming back.

They just landed 6'11 Adonis Delarosa and are in the mix for JUCO stud Keith Thomas, Michigan transfer Jon Horford, Chicago forwards Marlon Jones and Josh Cunningham, and Adom Jacko of Chaffey (CA) College

Back
Top Bottom