The College Basketball Post

You got people in your country thinking Rob Ford is a great leader. So please don't act your country doesn't have it fair share of idiots too. :rolleyes

I was talking about patriotism not intelligence.

I think most Americans would admit they have the rest of the world beat when it comes to that. :lol:

You got people in your country thinking Rob Ford is a great leader. So please don't act your country doesn't have it fair share of idiots too. :rolleyes

I was talking about patriotism not intelligence.

I think most Americans would admit they have the rest of the world beat when it comes to that. :lol:

No they don't.

-All you're doing is speaking about stereotypes other American made up about the Conservative base in this country

-A lot of American are not even that patriotic frankly. And if a American was in your country speaking about how great American hockey propects are. You would roll your eyes at them too.

-The English, Brazilians, Aussies and Russians have a lot of national pride too.

And....
-Every country got flag apparel, just watch a world cup game.
-Every country got country specific chants.
-Every country has a right wing/nationalist faction

You think you now about "Muricans" but in reality you just sounding stupid because all you're doing is regurgitating some stereotypes.

So just pull your shirt down and relax B. eh

Last edited:
Not sure how that would be true (to what OKB said). Just because America has the largest voice doesn't make us any more patriotic than other nations.

Last edited:
Honestly okb pride never bothered me until the tourney....that was too much...jumping **** to **** after one got eliminated was :x

That's like me only rooting for players from NC and acting like a Stan

Edit: but anyway I had no idea Eric Wallace was playing Aussie football professionally

Last edited:
That boy Grayson is an athlete man, can't wait to see him on the break with Tyus next year.

No they don't.

-All you're doing is speaking about stereotypes other American made up about the Conservative base in this country

-A lot of American are not even that patriotic frankly. And if a American was in your country speaking about how great American hockey propects are. You would roll your eyes at them too.

-The English, Brazilians, Aussies and Russians have a lot of national pride too.

And....
-Every country got flag apparel, just watch a world cup game.
-Every country got country specific chants.
-Every country has a right wing/nationalist faction

You think you now about "Muricans" but in reality you just sounding stupid because all you're doing is regurgitating some stereotypes.

So just pull your shirt down and relax B. eh

I'm going to do this once because the extreme lack perspective is quite frankly exasperating.

1. Half my family is American, I spent every summer from age 4=17 in America.

2. Of course every country has its own forms patriotism, that's not what I'm talking I'm talking about the performance of that patriotism. You don't understand that different cultures have different narratives about there own cultural identity, and different social norms about the performance of that narrative. and you don't understand that some are more obnoxious than other? You think that the sort of stereotype of the arrogant american overseas apperated from no where?

are you really that dense?

what do you think the 'murica joke is lampooing?

Americans in general have sense of being special, that there "americaness" makes them special, that they are a special nation, and being american gives them a level of power and identity that many countries don't have.

a brief example of this is in talked about in the book outliers, specifically the part about Korean air plane crashes and how cultural difference effects pilots.

And Hofstede's work suggested something that had not occurred to anyone in the aviation world: that the task of convincing first officers to assert themselves was going to depend an awful lot on their culture's power distance rating. That's what Ratwatte meant when he said that no American would have been so fatally intimidated by the controllers at Kennedy Airport. America is a classic low-power distance culture. When push comes to shove, Americans fall back on their American-ness,

thats one examples millions of other exist.

if you still don't get it fine but Im done talking about it.

Last edited:
Honestly okb pride never bothered me until the tourney....that was too much...jumping **** to **** after one got eliminated was :x

That's like me only rooting for players from NC and acting like a Stan

Edit: but anyway I had no idea Eric Wallace was playing Aussie football professionally

don't be dumb, what else would you expect me to do?, I don't live there, my dad went to UCONN but besides that I have no affiliation,

some people say its stupid to root for a school you never went to like half of you are doing in here.

Its no different than guys who root for american soccer players overseas, or guys who root for black quarterbacks, or asian dudes rootign for Jeremy Lin, or Persians rooting Haddadi or Arsalan Kazemi.

This isn't complex, everyone needs to get over it and move on. :lol:

Shaq Cleare, Roddy Peters, Nick Faust gone from Maryland...

Dez Wells don't deserve this :smh:

With the move to the Big 10 too, can't see Turgeon lasting very long

They got kicked off the team?
Naw the Terps got alotta recruits coming in...so the players who's spots were gonna be taking "asked" to be allowed to transfer...Turgeon basically told em they gotta find another place to play and he need the scholarships :lol:

Osh, we just wish you would let your nuts hang a little more instead of meekly promoting your players, stop typing well thought out, intelligent responses and just let your nuts hang with some hyperbole.

Look... Y'all can save this Canada vs US littering for a topic in general... Please refrain for that type of discussion in my CBB thread, thank you.

Sincerely,

The Circle b.k.a. Seymore CAKE.

Now with that being said... Mudiay had to turn down Cal... the world needs balance.

Don't really see Grayson having much of a chance to start.

If he plays tough D he'll bump Rasheed out of the lineup some time during ACC play. I just can't see his offense not having an impact game in and game out.

Again, I hate the cookie cutter comparison but JJ found his way into the starting lineup his freshman year when we already had Duhon, Ewing, and Dahntay. Don't see why Grayson can't force K's hand if he's up to the challenge.

Last edited:
Y'all so thirsty for this Grayson kid to be next :lol:

Completely forgetting about Matt Jones who I loved on the HS level and think will be a really good player soon.

Osh, we just wish you would let your nuts hang a little more instead of meekly promoting your players, stop typing well thought out, intelligent responses and just let your nuts hang with some hyperbole.

:lol: Essentially. Talk out your *** a little more. Make a few ridiculous comparisons and one game overreactions on a player's ceiling. Basically what this place has become.

Kid is going to bump Sheed in ACC play? Man. :lol: With the way that K was benching underclassmen because they couldn't defend for him yet, I think it's way too early to make claims like that.

You're Drunk. :lol:

Kid doesn't have anything close to Sheed's off the bounce game :smh:

Man crush on Grayson been activated, brah.

I really like dudes game and the way he carries himself. Sheed gets too trigger happy sometimes and is going to be a liability unless he tones it down and plays within himself.

And did AMP really just bring up Matt Jones? The learning curve between freshman and sophomore year is generally high but he didn't show me ANYTHING last year to give me much confidence.

Where is Wood at to summer jam screenshot the amount of 3's he made last season. And this guy was supposed to come in as a shooter :smh:

Back
Top Bottom