THE BLACK FRIDAY POST 2010: Update #19 GAME STOP BF Ad posted!

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

TIME FOR CAPS.

NOT TO RAIN ON ANYONE'S PARTY BUT..

JUST A WARNING TO ALL OF YOU IN HERE THINKING YOU GOT A "STEAL" ON ELECTRONICS. BE AWARE THAT ALL BLACK FRIDAY ELECTRONICS ARE MADE WITH MORE INFERIOR PARTS THAN USUAL. THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY MADE WITH THOSE PARTS TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LOW PRICE. SO IF YOUR TV BREAKS A YEAR AFTER YOU GOT IT, YOU'RE SOL. ANYTHING WITHIN THE YEAR, I'M SURE YOU CAN RETURN IT TO THE MANUFACTURER. YOU PAY SHIPPING. BUMMER.
my 40in 1080p samsung started to act up recently..purchased 3 years ago and now out of warranty....usually i will say this is a reach but TVs are suppose to be indestructible and mine is starting to go bad
what they teach you is that black friday, retailers clear out their old stock to make room for new inventory..but now i am having to second thoughts
roll.gif

Cam, there are solid good bang for your buck TVs like Vizio and Westinghouse that can provide solid quality, but to compare them to a higher end brand like Sony or sometimes even Samsung is not compatible.

...and I LOVE my Vizio 28" monitor that I use as my pc monitor and TV for my XBox, but I have a higher end Sony Television full LED television and its night and day.

TIME FOR CAPS.

JUST A WARNING TO ALL OF YOU IN HERE THINKING YOU GOT A "STEAL" ON ELECTRONICS. BE AWARE THAT ALL BLACK FRIDAY ELECTRONICS ARE MADE WITH MORE INFERIOR PARTS THAN USUAL. THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY MADE WITH THOSE PARTS TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LOW PRICE. SO IF YOUR TV BREAKS A YEAR AFTER YOU GOT IT, YOU'RE SOL. ANYTHING WITHIN THE YEAR, I'M SURE YOU CAN RETURN IT TO THE MANUFACTURER. YOU PAY SHIPPING. BUMMER.
Wz3e9.gif

So, anyone receive their cancellation from buy.com on that 298 TV?
laugh.gif
that SD thread is hilarious.

And I think top of the line stuff is still worth it two years down the road. I love our XBR5 and the glass bevel is pretty bawse
pimp.gif
Very nice living room TV. Gotta realize some of these people copping the cheap BF TVs are getting them as their 2nd or 3rd TVs for the bedrooms or the kids, it's not going to be their main unit or anything.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Cam, there are solid good bang for your buck TVs like Vizio and Westinghouse that can provide solid quality, but to compare them to a higher end brand like Sony or sometimes even Samsung is not compatible.

...and I LOVE my Vizio 28" monitor that I use as my pc monitor and TV for my XBox, but I have a higher end Sony Television full LED television and its night and day.

Oh, I believe it...I guess at the end of the day, it just comes down to what you're willing to pay for a specific item. I personally watch TV, but not enough to justify paying $2000 for a "high-end" one...all I want is a decent size w/a clear picture. It doesn't have to have a bunch of !!@% I'm not gonna use.

BUT, IDK...I've seen more complaints from the "major companies" than anything though....tons in regards to Samsung & LG

Some are deals. Some are steals. I tend to look for models that have been out atleast a year. Youll sometimes see TVs or other deals like garmin GPS' with just two reviews on amazon. You'll often find cameras with model #s youve never heard of. Some that have even been repackaged. Not alot of people even know what the OG packaging looks like ,it a lot of stuff is cheap for a reason. These places aren't your friends.

There's currently a laptop at office depot that says "save $250 bucks". You type in the model # and it only yields results for other BF deal websites. No current reviews on the website. Amazon doesnt specifically show that model# but they have three others that are "close" that are all NOT on sale, and retail for $500-700 bucks. vs. this one for $399 after savings.

I'm having more fun comparing these ads to sites like amazon and seeing if any of this stuff is truly a deal.

So far almost every digital camera i've compared from Canon has been the same at atleast 3 places. Amazon, local camera store, and office depot. One or two cameras is $50 dollars cheaper at one place compared to the other. I guess thats where the true deals are.

It's sad though. Most don't realize that not all SD cards are built the same. Read rates etc.. A lot of those cards are twice as much for a reason, and others are completely barebone cheap for a reason. The average consumer may not even know or care about the difference. Every company out there reminds me more and more of Nike. Crap quality and people just dont care.

it's all psychological. You think you're getting a deal; but you're not. Pay attention to the model numbers. You're essentially buying a bone stock, no CD player, cloth interior with manual windows being dressed up as a fully model model.

IMHO Sony sucks but so do most brands and the suckiest models are what usually ends up on bf sales. They'll put 720p in small font but advertise HD but its NOT FULL HD and most consumers do not know that.

Sleep in, with sites like amazon, you get better deals any given day of the year and dont have to wait in line.

/end rant.

Originally Posted by sunny559

Originally Posted by handullz

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you keep up with the Black Market you see great deals very often. It is just that on BF all of the great deals are thrown at us at once. But I only buy things on sale and I feel if you keep your eyes open, you can do the same. BF is cool, but there is too much competition for one, and people do buy things they don't REALLY want/need.

i dig... but constantly being on the search for something can become a hassle....

atleast on black friday, many are the deals are made available and in well known places so you dont have to search everywhere for them.

it gives folks a chance to get some good deals on stuff without searchin the internet for weeks....

and honestly... the average consumer doesnt know/care about the difference between 120 ghz and 60 ghz... or 1080p and 720p... 
Sorry, but that #$%& just stood out way too much & I gotta correct you, its just Hz, like 120 Hz, 240 Hz. ghz are processing/computer terms
Im in the market for a LED 3D tv, but not much luck so far, any NT'ers wanna help?
Sony HX800 series(LED, 3D, 240Hz).  Most stores had them today for 1500 on sale.  They are being replaced by the newer NX810 but really I didn't see much difference.  Was able to get one for 1200 for the 46".  I have a feeling these are going to drop lower than 1500 at places like Best Buy before the holidays are over, but for 1200 I couldn't pass that up.

BB only gave a $100 gift card for macbooks which I passed on.

only copped smackdown v raw 11 for my niece

if you go with SONY make sure to do your homework on 3d sets. Most of their lineups require a separate 3d emitter for the glasses to work.

Yo sports authority were giving out $10 cash cards for any and every purchase. My friend just kept buying 15 cent pieces of candy just to get cards.

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

if you go with SONY make sure to do your homework on 3d sets. Most of their lineups require a separate 3d emitter for the glasses to work.
All do, but you are going to buy a starter set anyways that comes with it.  Right now it is selling on Amazon for 270 with Alice in Wonderland, the 3D emitter and 2 glasses. 

this isnt for black friday but i heard walmart is selling xbox 360 for $149 tomorrow, any truth to that? i cant find it anywhere. supposed to start at 6am tomorrow.

Bought a few things @ the Polo outlet (only store I bothered with) & two games from Gamestop since I had a gc to burn...

Electronic deals were wack minus the Sony LED we copped pre-BF from Sears..

TIME FOR CAPS.

That's why my 32" Westinghouse I purchased in 2006 on Black Friday at Best Buy still works like a champ

TIME FOR CAPS.

That's why my 32" Westinghouse I purchased in 2006 on Black Friday at Best Buy still works like a champ

TIME FOR CAPS.

TIME FOR CAPS.

TIME FOR CAPS.

TIME FOR CAPS.

TIME FOR CAPS.

TIME FOR CAPS.

Back
Top Bottom