THE BLACK FRIDAY POST 2010: Update #19 GAME STOP BF Ad posted!

WALMART HAD KIDS FOR SALE.

198753618.jpg

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by jrp44

Nah I know man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My mom wanted stuff for her house so I told her I would take a ride with her and while I was waiting around I figured I'll just grab some stuff
laugh.gif
Oh right on. Thought you just went out there just for the blu-rays.

GSDUB - How much was the entire thing if you don't mind me asking? And the specs on the TV?
nerd.gif

it was like 453 and some change after taxes and the stupid tv recycling fee

and this is the tv, nothing special but i just needed an upgrade from my old 26in LCD.
Im proably gonna end up selling the Wii for retail, ( about 200 )
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...915188&skuId=9773985

edit: link not working
indifferent.gif

heres the sku # 9773985

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by KenJi714

But that $298 LCD 1080p TV is not really a good TV. You really pay for what you get.

*Fixed*

When it comes to TV's, I beg to differ...your average consumer switches things up quite often, and paying $1500+ for a TV just to keep it for a few years and ditch it when the next latest & greatest technology comes out just isn't smart. I bought the TV, and it's pretty damn good to me...
the thing i don't get is why people need to buy a new TV every 2-3 years???.... that's exactly what these manufacturers want you to do is to think what you bought 2 years ago is not good enough anymore. example, 1080p, 120 hz, 240hz and now LED (backlit). how many people actually think the TV show they watch is 1080?... but they'll go buy a new 1080p TV cuz they think they need it.

Has anyone used the Jingle Cash promo at walgreens? I was thinking of stocking up on sodas, but it sounds a little too easy. I feel like I have to watch my back 24/7 during this time of year. All these companies are not just doing stuff because they like people. They have educated staffs of people who know exactly what they're doing.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Nah I know man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My mom wanted stuff for her house so I told her I would take a ride with her and while I was waiting around I figured I'll just grab some stuff
laugh.gif

GSDUB - How much was the entire thing if you don't mind me asking? And the specs on the TV?
nerd.gif

and this is the tv, nothing special but i just needed an upgrade from my old 26in LCD.

indifferent.gif

heres the sku # 9773985
Word. Hate that recycling fee BS. Then the tax and shipping killed that 40inch Panasonic.

I copped this for $328, everything included.

http://www.amazon.com/Sam...JI/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Has anyone used the Jingle Cash promo at walgreens? I was thinking of stocking up on sodas, but it sounds a little too easy. I feel like I have to watch my back 24/7 during this time of year. All these companies are not just doing stuff because they like people. They have educated staffs of people who know exactly what they're doing.
I work at Walgreens.

Buy everything in separate transactions. So you pay XXcents for the soda, and they spit out the same amount you spent in a coupon.
Buy however many you want, use it before the expiration date on your next purchase. This is how it's "Free".

Edit: Do not use the same coupon on the same product, it'll cancel it out.

Edit#2: Walgreens doesn't make money off of you really, it's just a regular 99cent (?) sale. They coupons that you use on your next purchase is sent back to 7up and they pay Walgreens back however many coupons they've collected.

They are trying to build customer loyalty, they want you to go through them every Holiday season.

Hence why Amazon rolled out Prime memberships.  I was an Amazon junkie prior to that but once they rolled out free two day shipping with Prime
eek.gif
.  It's already good enough that I don't have to pay tax considering Ca's high sales tax (
30t6p3b.gif
).  You either pay for a Prime membership or you have to have a student email (free
smokin.gif
).

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

But that $298 LCD 1080p TV is not really a good TV. You really pay for what you get.

*Fixed*

When it comes to TV's, I beg to differ...your average consumer switches things up quite often, and paying $1500+ for a TV just to keep it for a few years and ditch it when the next latest & greatest technology comes out just isn't smart. I bought the TV, and it's pretty damn good to me...
the thing i don't get is why people need to buy a new TV every 2-3 years???.... that's exactly what these manufacturers want you to do is to think what you bought 2 years ago is not good enough anymore. example, 1080p, 120 hz, 240hz and now LED (backlit). how many people actually think the TV show they watch is 1080?... but they'll go buy a new 1080p TV cuz they think they need it.
Hell, why do people upgrade cellphones, get new computers, etc, etc, etc...

People just have a need to always want the latest & greatest, no matter how insignificant the upgrade is.

Like you, I'm perfectly aware of their schemes. I just never saw the point in spending $2K on a TV....maybe if I was unemployed and didnt have #$+% to do all day, or if I was rich and wasting money wasn't an issue, but it just seems ridiculous. TV's are like bottled water: take off the label, and you couldn't tell one brand from the other.

Nah I know man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

heres the sku # 9773985
Word. Hate that recycling fee BS. Then the tax and shipping killed that 40inch Panasonic.

I copped this for $328, everything included.

http://www.amazon.com/Sam...JI/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1
I saw that when i got back from work a little while ago and im HELLA mad i missed that
laugh.gif
all good tho, im happy with it.

I work at Walgreens.

Buy everything in separate transactions. So you pay XXcents for the soda, and they spit out the same amount you spent in a coupon.
Buy however many you want, use it before the expiration date on your next purchase. This is how it's "Free".

good looks. Can I use the jingle cash on another different jingle cash item, to make the price I pay the second time free?

I'm not about to buy a soda for 99 cents, get a coupon for 99 cents that I have to spend on a non jingle cash item, like a bag of candy. then I have to put ou another dollar. I'd be spending two bucks on a soda and candy I didnt really want to spend money on

I work at Walgreens.

good looks. Can I use the jingle cash on another different jingle cash item, to make the price I pay the second time free?

I'm not about to buy a soda for 99 cents, get a coupon for 99 cents that I have to spend on a non jingle cash item, like a bag of candy. then I have to put ou another dollar. I'd be spending two bucks on a soda and candy I didnt really want to spend money on
Can you use the coupon that comes out from the first transaction on your second transaction to make it free? Yes.
BUT if you use it on the same product or company as mentioned, the second coupon won't come out. <- This only matters if you care about coupons.

I believe if you use coupons on different companies' products, it won't cancel the coupon out. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I miss the days people actually posted pictures of the stuff they got, long are those days gone, and forever they'll be a memory.

so do i, so ill post what i got ( minus the 40 in Samsung, which is at my girls house right now )
fw6kc1.jpg

I wanted that red wii w/ that gift card but had no luck
eyes.gif

20 movies can make for a lot of xmas presents, they might not be buying all those movies for themselves,

I came home from the mall with an assload of clothes and accessories, eff gift shopping
laugh.gif

mom bought dad an ipad
30t6p3b.gif
I want to steal it.

Luong1209, That helps alot. I can buy the one 2 liter soda I wanted.. 99 cents down the first time. Coupon is given. Use coupon on 2nd soda. get that one free.. No coupon is given. Now I buy another one for 99 cents, and repeat the process.

Each two transactions are independent of anything else. I'm better off going in there when its not too busy or they may just tell me to walk.

What about.. $5.49 jingle cash offer on some shaving cream. Can I use the jingle cash on 6 2 liter sodas? I realize I may only get 99 cents back on the jingle cash. But im just looking to spend almost nothing on this stuff

*Fixed*

- because they're stupid, brainwashed to 'think' they have to have the latest greatest cellphone. i despise the status symbols cell phones have become.

- upgrading a computer is'nt the same though considering how it isnt out of bounds for your brand new computer to legitimately be obsolete 3 years later depending on what you're using it for.

*Fixed*

TV's are like bottled water: take off the label, and you couldn't tell one brand from the other.
........sure they are, to the uninformed consumer. you sound like one of those people that still cant tell the difference between a DVD and Blu-Ray.

Luong1209, That helps alot. I can buy the one 2 liter soda I wanted.. 99 cents down the first time. Coupon is given. Use coupon on 2nd soda. get that one free.. No coupon is given. Now I buy another one for 99 cents, and repeat the process.

What about.. $5.49 jingle cash offer on some shaving cream. Can I use the jingle cash on 6 2 liter sodas? I realize I may only get 99 cents back on the jingle cash. But im just looking to spend almost nothing on this stuff
Yes you can, this should be the same as register rewards.

That would be the smarter thing to do if you need shaving cream (Did not realize you needed it).

It's gotta be 5.49 BEFORE tax in order to use it. In this case, 6 sodas should be enough.

Yes you can, this should be the same as register rewards.

That would be the smarter thing to do if you need shaving cream (Did not realize you needed it).

It's gotta be 5.49 BEFORE tax in order to use it. In this case, 6 sodas should be enough.
Also realize that customer service is important to Walgreens. If things don't work out, you can always ask them to cancel the transaction and get your coupons back.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

*Fixed*

- because they're stupid, brainwashed to 'think' they have to have the latest greatest cellphone. i despise the status symbols cell phones have become.

- upgrading a computer is'nt the same though considering how it isnt out of bounds for your brand new computer to legitimately be obsolete 3 years later depending on what you're using it for.

*Fixed*

TV's are like bottled water: take off the label, and you couldn't tell one brand from the other.
........sure they are, to the uninformed consumer. you sound like one of those people that still cant tell the difference between a DVD and Blu-Ray.

Cellphones have always been a status symbol since the beginning....

As far as "uninformed", I am...just all that BS doesn't matter to me. That's JMO though....if somebody feels like the $298 TV is/was "trash", and wants to spend $1000 more for the hell it, hey...it's their money. Maybe not you, but when it comes to TV's, people are fixated on names...when the components in the "no-names" are damn near, if not completely the same. In regards to DVD vs. Blu-Ray, that's another thing I dont care about....I just want to see the movie! DVD's have been just fine thus far...we've all been able to live w/them. Once somethin else "better" (for lack of a better word) comes out, all the sudden the prev.item becomes sooooooo 2009.

i didnt go crazy like yall and just went simple this year...i had work so i was lucky to even get what i wanted...copped madden for 35 at bestbuy... drove a couple blocks to walmart and got it for 29... drove back to bestbuy to return madden and save a few bucks
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom