THE BLACK FRIDAY POST 2010: Update #19 GAME STOP BF Ad posted!

If you keep up with the Black Market you see great deals very often. It is just that on BF all of the great deals are thrown at us at once. But I only buy things on sale and I feel if you keep your eyes open, you can do the same. BF is cool, but there is too much competition for one, and people do buy things they don't REALLY want/need.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea some of you dudes are just buying stuff to say you participated in BF.
for once, I agree with DCAllAmerican
laugh.gif

however, there have been good deals online
I agree.  I was at a store and see people with like 20 dvds/blu rays in their cart thinking, the hell, you are going to watch that once and be done.  The only time I ever feel inclined to buy a movie is if it is some epic @%*@ that I am going to watch again.  Most movies these days have no replay value, just rent it and never watch it again.

That being said there are some good deals on other things.  I bought a 46" Sony LED 3D TV 240hz for $1200, that same TV was on sale and Best Buy for their BF for  1500.  I wasn't really even planning on buying a tv today(but in the next couple weeks)but went to the local store, Video Only, crowds were gone and they had that TV listed for 1350.  They said it was already sold out but they are getting more in on Tuesday and could get me a better deal, came back and they took another 150 off for the inconvenience of them not having it in stock.

Walked away with DEXTER season 1 for 15 at best buy(gonna have to get 2 and 3 online)and a 99$ bluray player for the bedroom. Also got my girl the weeds and entourage series for 10 each season
@ target just got dark knight and departed blu rays for 18.
i wanted that hard drive
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Usually no live auctions...

But gotta' post this:

Panasonic 42" Plasma 1080P for $298 shipped (from Buy.com)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-P...&hash=item5d2c5e4a06

Hurry.

EDIT: As soon as I checked out and copied the link... it appears they are gone.  There were 15 bought when I got mine... that was about 1 minute ago, no lie.  Now all 50 I think are gone.
nerd.gif
eek.gif

EDIT 2: I've already got feedback for it from the seller (Buy)... wow again.  And it was 52 available, not 50.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Good pickup.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

all i have to say is thank god for amazon!!!!
amazon is usually always the best... and if you have an amazon card, you get 3x points per dollar spent right now.... i think it expires sometime in december
in terms of electronics and electronic related items, I find BF is only best for things like movies, games, software, console packages because they will be marked down and there is only one of its type (i.e. a PS3 is a PS3)..... buying things like TVs, hard drives, computers are typically not a good idea cuz for the significantly low price of whatever it is, you're buying the lowest rated version of whatever it is.... look at the reviews. there's a reason why that $50 1TB external drive is 2 out of 5 stars.

I miss the days people actually posted pictures of the stuff they got, long are those days gone, and forever they'll be a memory.

Went to BestBuy at 1:30 am in S.F. My girl got a 40in Samsung 1080p LCD for $500, and to my luck, one of the managers had an extra ticket for the 32 in samsung and Wii bundle, and i happened to ask him if he had it and pulled one out his back pocket like " its your lucky day"
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If you keep up with the Black Market you see great deals very often. It is just that on BF all of the great deals are thrown at us at once. But I only buy things on sale and I feel if you keep your eyes open, you can do the same. BF is cool, but there is too much competition for one, and people do buy things they don't REALLY want/need.

- DC is so right on this one. 20 years ago BF was a little know shoppers secret where you actually could get great items for far less. the jig is up now, if the item is worth it you arent getting any moe of a deal than if you kept your eyes open ealier in the year.....everything else is just junk made to look like you're making out.

Went to Wal-Mart at Midnight and got
$5 Blu Rays-
Independence Day
Heat
Mummy
Mummy Returns
Batman Begins
$10 Blu Rays
Get Him To The Greek
She's Out Of My League

Also picked up the first Uncharted for PS3 and Sons of Anarchy Season 1 for $10 each

Originally Posted by jumpman247

I miss the days people actually posted pictures of the stuff they got, long are those days gone, and forever they'll be a memory.

I waited since Tuesday outside the dealership and bought a Lambo, a 75 inch 4D TV, and a pet panda.
pimp.gif

Any deals for rechargeable AAA battery packs? I'm hoping to find a charger plus battery pack.

I found 20 pack of AA or AAA batteries for $6 on Amazon though.

Originally Posted by jrp44

$5 Blu Rays-
Independence Day
Heat
Mummy
Mummy Returns
Batman Begins
$10 Blu Rays
Get Him To The Greek
She's Out Of My League

Also picked up the first Uncharted for PS3 and Sons of Anarchy Season 1 for $10 each
Those are the same ones you could've gotten on Amazon with no tax and free shipping.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

$5 Blu Rays-
Independence Day
Heat
Mummy
Mummy Returns
Batman Begins
$10 Blu Rays
Get Him To The Greek
She's Out Of My League

Those are the same ones you could've gotten on Amazon with no tax and free shipping.

Cool

$5 Blu Rays-
Independence Day
Heat
Mummy
Mummy Returns
Batman Begins
$10 Blu Rays
Get Him To The Greek
She's Out Of My League

Cool
Didn't mean to be a wet blanket
laugh.gif
, just saying you could've saved yourself some time.

Although I did miss out on Batman begins because it was from 430-830am
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JuMpMaN J 23

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

mad.gif
I was kind of hoping they would let you scoop up more than one copy of Dark Knight and Batman Begins.  Would've made a good gift for a friend, oh well.

Not sure where ur located but here at Walmart Houston they had multiple copys of dark night and Batman begins blu rays jus sitting on the self and I don't think they had limit on how many u can buy.
I was talking about Amazon.  Got both (Blu-Ray) for $9.98 w/ free shipping 'cause I'm a Prime Member
smokin.gif
.  I wanted another set for a gift, but it was only 1 per.

If it makes you feel better I will post the stuff I got when it arrives,
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

The main thing was the 40" Westinghouse LCD 1080p screen from Target for only $298....waited in line for 4 1/2 hours, but it was worth it....the line wrapped around the entire building; I was #8 in line. Also got a bunch of toys for my kids, including a Leapster & games for my daughter & a Nintendo DS Lite, 4 games and case for my son

Originally Posted by jumpman247

so do i, so ill post what i got ( minus the 40 in Samsung, which is at my girls house right now )
fw6kc1.jpg

Originally Posted by KenJi714

But that $298 LCD 1080p TV is not really a good TV. You really pay for what you get.

*Fixed*

When it comes to TV's, I beg to differ...your average consumer switches things up quite often, and paying $1500+ for a TV just to keep it for a few years and ditch it when the next latest & greatest technology comes out just isn't smart. I bought the TV, and it's pretty damn good to me...

$5 Blu Rays-
Independence Day
Heat
Mummy
Mummy Returns
Batman Begins
$10 Blu Rays
Get Him To The Greek
She's Out Of My League

Cool
Didn't mean to be a wet blanket
laugh.gif
, just saying you could've saved yourself some time.

Although I did miss out on Batman begins because it was from 430-830am
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
Nah I know man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My mom wanted stuff for her house so I told her I would take a ride with her and while I was waiting around I figured I'll just grab some stuff
laugh.gif

I completely agree with you, never done BF, never will.  The clothing stores at outlets is where you can kill, however I went the week before and the BF deals were already rolled out so I took advantage without the hassle.

I'm on slickdeals all year, got my tv during Independence Day weekend, blowout sale at Fry's.  None of the tv's out there matched what I got.

I wasn't planning to buy anything on BF, but the deals on Amazon were
eek.gif
, and I didn't even leave my house
smokin.gif

With the exception of a couple of J.Crew items I haven't purchased anything over $10
smokin.gif

Nah I know man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My mom wanted stuff for her house so I told her I would take a ride with her and while I was waiting around I figured I'll just grab some stuff
laugh.gif
Oh right on. Thought you just went out there just for the blu-rays.

GSDUB - How much was the entire thing if you don't mind me asking? And the specs on the TV?
nerd.gif

Only things I copped this weekend were Entourage 5 + 6 for 9.99 each. Would've liked to come up on that 42 inch joint for $298, but who wouldn't have?

Oh well....

Back
Top Bottom