THE BLACK FRIDAY POST 2010: Update #19 GAME STOP BF Ad posted!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you keep up with the Black Market you see great deals very often. It is just that on BF all of the great deals are thrown at us at once. But I only buy things on sale and I feel if you keep your eyes open, you can do the same. BF is cool, but there is too much competition for one, and people do buy things they don't REALLY want/need.

i dig... but constantly being on the search for something can become a hassle....

atleast on black friday, many are the deals are made available and in well known places so you dont have to search everywhere for them.

it gives folks a chance to get some good deals on stuff without searchin the internet for weeks....

and honestly... the average consumer doesnt know/care about the difference between 120 ghz and 60 ghz... or 1080p and 720p... 

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by KenJi714

But that $298 LCD 1080p TV is not really a good TV. You really pay for what you get.

*Fixed*

When it comes to TV's, I beg to differ...your average consumer switches things up quite often, and paying $1500+ for a TV just to keep it for a few years and ditch it when the next latest & greatest technology comes out just isn't smart. I bought the TV, and it's pretty damn good to me...
the thing i don't get is why people need to buy a new TV every 2-3 years???.... that's exactly what these manufacturers want you to do is to think what you bought 2 years ago is not good enough anymore. example, 1080p, 120 hz, 240hz and now LED (backlit). how many people actually think the TV show they watch is 1080?... but they'll go buy a new 1080p TV cuz they think they need it.
Hell, why do people upgrade cellphones, get new computers, etc, etc, etc...

- because they're stupid, brainwashed to 'think' they have to have the latest greatest cellphone. i despise the status symbols cell phones have become.

- upgrading a computer is'nt the same though considering how it isnt out of bounds for your brand new computer to legitimately be obsolete 3 years later depending on what you're using it for.

Cellphones have always been a status symbol since the beginning....

- not as bad as today. no where near it. youve got people in the urban communities going without basic necessities just to keep they cell phone on to stunt
30t6p3b.gif

As far as "uninformed", I am...just all that BS doesn't matter to me. That's JMO though....if somebody feels like the $298 TV is/was "trash", and wants to spend $1000 more for the hell it, hey...it's their money. Maybe not you, but when it comes to TV's, people are fixated on names...when the components in the "no-names" are damn near, if not completely the same. In regards to DVD vs. Blu-Ray, that's another thing I dont care about....I just want to see the movie! DVD's have been just fine thus far...we've all been able to live w/them. Once somethin else "better" (for lack of a better word) comes out, all the sudden the prev.item becomes sooooooo 2009.
.......yeah, i could tell.

- leave it up to your logic and we'd still be watching black and white televisions because it still works right? nah man, im an electronics technician by trade so i understand how the inner components of electronics arent always equal. the problem is people like you tend to use extremes to justify blindly buying electronics 'because its all the same'. i mean, you can't even get away with buying off brand toilet paper at the dollar store versus the name brand in wal mart. so why do people expect to buy the bottom of the barrel electronics and compare them to the extreme high end and call it the same thing?

- do you buy those subwoofers and amps out of those fairground/convention center sales too?

- i will admit, some electronics have all the same internals with a different shell and/or brand on the outside but its not as common as you'd think. its funny though, why is it easier to justify a computers internal components than it is a misc piece of electronic equipment?

- most often when you're getting high end electronics for crazy prices its best to look up the model number and do your research. most times retailers are trying to get rid of a known faulty product or something similar........

But that $298 LCD 1080p TV is not really a good TV. You really pay for what you get.

*Fixed*

When it comes to TV's, I beg to differ...your average consumer switches things up quite often, and paying $1500+ for a TV just to keep it for a few years and ditch it when the next latest & greatest technology comes out just isn't smart. I bought the TV, and it's pretty damn good to me...
the thing i don't get is why people need to buy a new TV every 2-3 years???.... that's exactly what these manufacturers want you to do is to think what you bought 2 years ago is not good enough anymore. example, 1080p, 120 hz, 240hz and now LED (backlit). how many people actually think the TV show they watch is 1080?... but they'll go buy a new 1080p TV cuz they think they need it.

- because they're stupid, brainwashed to 'think' they have to have the latest greatest cellphone. i despise the status symbols cell phones have become.

- upgrading a computer is'nt the same though considering how it isnt out of bounds for your brand new computer to legitimately be obsolete 3 years later depending on what you're using it for.

*Fixed*

TV's are like bottled water: take off the label, and you couldn't tell one brand from the other.
........sure they are, to the uninformed consumer. you sound like one of those people that still cant tell the difference between a DVD and Blu-Ray.

As far as "uninformed", I am...just all that BS doesn't matter to me. That's JMO though....if somebody feels like the $298 TV is/was "trash", and wants to spend $1000 more for the hell it, hey...it's their money. Maybe not you, but when it comes to TV's, people are fixated on names...when the components in the "no-names" are damn near, if not completely the same. In regards to DVD vs. Blu-Ray, that's another thing I dont care about....I just want to see the movie! DVD's have been just fine thus far...we've all been able to live w/them. Once somethin else "better" (for lack of a better word) comes out, all the sudden the prev.item becomes sooooooo 2009.
it is somewhat true that components are the same once you peel off the brand name.... because many brands have their panels manufactured at the same factory in China. higher prices are often a result of brand name or supply (in the case of the LED LCDs). if once pays more, unless it is for the technology and features, then i would agree it is stupid to buy a TV that costs $500 more just for the brand.....

Dude that said he never updates his system, you still using those old tube tvs that weigh 1500 pounds?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Those Turbines are very tempting, I added it to my cart but they don't seem necessary.
ohwell.gif
if you don;t think you need it, then it means you don't need it.... 

Originally Posted by acidicality

Those Turbines are very tempting, I added it to my cart but they don't seem necessary.
ohwell.gif
if you don;t think you need it, then it means you don't need it.... 
True
ohwell.gif
. I ended up buying it
laugh.gif
, most likely will end up as a gift for my brother for Christmas...

TIME FOR CAPS.

NOT TO RAIN ON ANYONE'S PARTY BUT..

JUST A WARNING TO ALL OF YOU IN HERE THINKING YOU GOT A "STEAL" ON ELECTRONICS. BE AWARE THAT ALL BLACK FRIDAY ELECTRONICS ARE MADE WITH MORE INFERIOR PARTS THAN USUAL. THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY MADE WITH THOSE PARTS TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LOW PRICE. SO IF YOUR TV BREAKS A YEAR AFTER YOU GOT IT, YOU'RE SOL. ANYTHING WITHIN THE YEAR, I'M SURE YOU CAN RETURN IT TO THE MANUFACTURER. YOU PAY SHIPPING. BUMMER.

Originally Posted by handullz

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

If you keep up with the Black Market you see great deals very often. It is just that on BF all of the great deals are thrown at us at once. But I only buy things on sale and I feel if you keep your eyes open, you can do the same. BF is cool, but there is too much competition for one, and people do buy things they don't REALLY want/need.

i dig... but constantly being on the search for something can become a hassle....

atleast on black friday, many are the deals are made available and in well known places so you dont have to search everywhere for them.

it gives folks a chance to get some good deals on stuff without searchin the internet for weeks....

and honestly... the average consumer doesnt know/care about the difference between 120 ghz and 60 ghz... or 1080p and 720p... 
Sorry, but that #$%& just stood out way too much & I gotta correct you, its just Hz, like 120 Hz, 240 Hz. ghz are processing/computer terms
Im in the market for a LED 3D tv, but not much luck so far, any NT'ers wanna help?

*Fixed*

People just have a need to always want the latest & greatest, no matter how insignificant the upgrade is.

Like you, I'm perfectly aware of their schemes. I just never saw the point in spending $2K on a TV....maybe if I was unemployed and didnt have #$+% to do all day, or if I was rich and wasting money wasn't an issue, but it just seems ridiculous. TV's are like bottled water: take off the label, and you couldn't tell one brand from the other.

I'm still rockin with my 2004 samsung tv from sophomore year of college
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

TIME FOR CAPS.

JUST A WARNING TO ALL OF YOU IN HERE THINKING YOU GOT A "STEAL" ON ELECTRONICS. BE AWARE THAT ALL BLACK FRIDAY ELECTRONICS ARE MADE WITH MORE INFERIOR PARTS THAN USUAL. THEY ARE SPECIFICALLY MADE WITH THOSE PARTS TO COMPENSATE FOR THE LOW PRICE. SO IF YOUR TV BREAKS A YEAR AFTER YOU GOT IT, YOU'RE SOL. ANYTHING WITHIN THE YEAR, I'M SURE YOU CAN RETURN IT TO THE MANUFACTURER. YOU PAY SHIPPING. BUMMER.

Everybody should take this with a grain of salt.

Using Fry's Electronics as an example, a lot of their products are already in store way before Black Friday, they're just marked down. Samsung, Sony and the rest of the higher end names aren't going to risk their name and business by selling faulty products. I'm not saying everything is perfect and everything will work but when human error is involved, anything can go wrong.

This is coming from consumer, then a former employee and back as a consumer
laugh.gif
. I bought an Xbox 360 bundle one year and through no fault of Fry's it got the red rings almost three years later. I also got a Harmon Kardon receiver which is still banging out till this day.

Either way, everyone should be happy with what they get but at the same time remember that sometimes you do get what you pay for.

Happy Black Friday
pimp.gif

TIME FOR CAPS.

Makes sense, tvs that have been in stock for years being pulled from retailers to have their parts exchanged for cheaper ones.  And are ya'll really arguing if people NEED new tvs? mother %***!$ nobody needs tvs period, a tv is not a need.  So even getting one for the long haul you should throw out that train of thought.  Get that big bad new %*#+ urr 3 years cuz it's dope and you like it.  Forget that hifalutin douche looking down at you because he traded his %*#+ in 5 yrs instead of 3.

Take it with however many grains of salt as you want. I'm not the one that bought electronics on black friday so I don't care. I'm just trying to give you NTers the 411 on something that I KNOW FOR A FACT. Don't ask me how, I'm not revealing my sources for obvious reasons.

Oh no doubt, it's just like clothing made specifically for discount sites like gilt. But BF also includes stuff that was already on the shelves.

Take it with however many grains of salt as you want. I'm not the one that bought electronics on black friday so I don't care. I'm just trying to give you NTers the 411 on something that I KNOW FOR A FACT. Don't ask me how, I'm not revealing my sources for obvious reasons.
i don't have any sources or anything cuz i'm just a consumer but over the past couple of years, i've read things similar to what you say so i know you're not the only one saying it....

*Fixed*

- not as bad as today. no where near it. youve got people in the urban communities going without basic necessities just to keep they cell phone on to stunt
30t6p3b.gif

.......yeah, i could tell.

- leave it up to your logic and we'd still be watching black and white televisions because it still works right? nah man, im an electronics technician by trade so i understand how the inner components of electronics arent always equal. the problem is people like you tend to use extremes to justify blindly buying electronics 'because its all the same'. i mean, you can't even get away with buying off brand toilet paper at the dollar store versus the name brand in wal mart. so why do people expect to buy the bottom of the barrel electronics and compare them to the extreme high end and call it the same thing?

- do you buy those subwoofers and amps out of those fairground/convention center sales too?

- i will admit, some electronics have all the same internals with a different shell and/or brand on the outside but its not as common as you'd think. its funny though, why is it easier to justify a computers internal components than it is a misc piece of electronic equipment?

- most often when you're getting high end electronics for crazy prices its best to look up the model number and do your research. most times retailers are trying to get rid of a known faulty product or something similar........

See, now you're going from one extreme to the other...

**EDIT: I just re-read what I wrote; what I MEANT to say was that I AM informed!
laugh.gif
But all that other stuff doesnt matter to me**

...and no, I dont buy subs/amps out of convention sales. Although you were tryin to be funny, you should know better than that. On that, I personally prefer a warranty, but even with some of those, the names mean everything but doesn't always mean the quality is superb (i.e JL Audio)

Also, I DID do my research on the TV...hell, there's tons of no-names: Dynex, Element, Soyo, Apex, etc.....this one actually has pretty good reviews that compare it to the ones that cost a fortune:

http://starredreviews.com...40-lcd-hdtv-review/3595/

..... This television is certified with FCC Class B, UL, CE and CUL. Westinghouse VR-4085DF 40″ LCD Television has support for gaming mode that provides user the ultimate gaming experience and feel. The audio quality is on par with its video quality thus this television is one deadly combination, and this sets a new benchmarks for other televisions that are in the market.

http://www.freshgizmos.co...ghouse-vr-4085df-review/

Westinghouse VR-4085DF is a 40 inch LCD TV with a Full 1080p resolution. The Full HD resolution allows you to view the HD movies or any other video sourced from full HD resolution for a perfect video quality.

The Westinghouse VR-4085DF has a nominal price of $549.99. This LCD TV is available for a discount price of $298 which means that the buyers can expect a great saving on this LCD TV.

While you can still opt for other LCD TVs including Sony Bravia models, the Westinghouse VR-4085DF will offer similar quality at a resonably low price.

The Westinghouse VR-4085DF TV comes with a contrast ratio of 2000:1 which will give you moderate quality as far as picture clarity is concerned. The Westinghouse VR-4085DF has a refresh rate of 60Hz – which is similar to most other TVs in this category. The Westinghouse VR-4085DF has a screen brightness of 400 cd/m2.

Connectivity in Westinghouse VR-4085DF include 3 HDMI ports, 2 Component Video, 1 PC connection ( VGA). It also include and older Composite Video connector.

http://diggreviews.com/we...0%E2%80%9D-lcd-hdtv/514/

.....Westinghouse VR-4085DF 40

SAMEDAYMUSIC.com

CODE: MYPRICE

Name your own price. You get one chance, 3 different products. Basically there is a profit line on each price, you can try to guess it. If you guess it you get that price. How ever much your off, you lose on the discount. It's different for each product.

EDIT: You have to place the order over the phone. Good until Monday

Also, the electronics we sell on Black Friday are just as normal as any other day.

TIME FOR CAPS.

my 40in 1080p samsung started to act up recently..purchased 3 years ago and now out of warranty....usually i will say this is a reach but TVs are suppose to be indestructible and mine is starting to go bad
what they teach you is that black friday, retailers clear out their old stock to make room for new inventory..but now i am having to second thoughts

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

I am looking for a New Ipod Speaker Dock, something no more than $150 that provides best sound quality.
thanks
Check out the samedaymusic.com I posted above....125ish
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom