The Bicycle Thread

So noob question...I'm looking for some bullhorns, but I don't know which size of bar I should get. The details of the stem I have says its Alloy, +/-10 degree, EXT 60mm, 4 bolt. Anyone have any suggestions? Riding with risers gets tiring after a while =(

So noob question...I'm looking for some bullhorns, but I don't know which size of bar I should get. The details of the stem I have says its Alloy, +/-10 degree, EXT 60mm, 4 bolt. Anyone have any suggestions? Riding with risers gets tiring after a while =(

You'll have to find out what the clamp diameter size is for your stem. If it's big and a certain handlebar you want is smaller than what'll fit with your current stem you can get spacers to make up for it. When i was in my fixie phase that's what i did when i bought bullhorns.

Any LA heads doing CicLAvia tomorrow?

I would but i got work

Im trying to do some group rides at night like midnight ridazz. Any in santa monica west hollywood area. I know of crank mob, but are there any other

You'll have to find out what the clamp diameter size is for your stem. If it's big and a certain handlebar you want is smaller than what'll fit with your current stem you can get spacers to make up for it. When i was in my fixie phase that's what i did when i bought bullhorns.
Thanks! I just found out that I can fit a 26mm bar perfectly. Do you have any suggested brands that I can look into or are they all they same? Liking the Pursuit style bars.

^- If you don't care about brand names, I'll just grab some cheapo Origin8s. Or Brands like Nitto and stuff.

Speaking of handlebars, I really want these:

I know it's weird looking, but I want to build a new bike and get those on it lol.

For anyone interested on those foldable bikes, I saw this on slick deals:

Amazon product ASIN B004YHZ9QK

Last edited:
Ride a Cannondale Bad Boy 9 as my commuter.

Considering getting a BMX for fun. Any suggestions for entry-ish level BMXes? I'm 6'3, 220 (jack3d not fat), so it needs to be solid.

jus came back from school ~10 miles lots of up hill. 40minutes in chilly weather for socal atleast. didnt feel like waiting for the bus

Rice Boy im in santa monica area. know of any group ridees on tuesday nights?

That leader :x and Ayo's bike - :O you must be tall as hell man haha.

Makes me wanna ride again ;[ haven't rode since getting hit by a car :lol:

Don't let that stop you, i got hit a couple years ago and separated my shoulder but i didn't let that scare me from not riding again. I couldn't wait to get back on the saddle when i was in the healing process.

I'm 6'7"/260, so it's difficult to find a bike that fits.  I've been riding Trek 4500 hardtails (size XXL - 24" frame) for years and I finally found a road bike made specifically for people over 6'6".  The KHS Flite 747 is the only mass-produced 65cm frame in existence.  All other companies stop at 62 or 63cm.

2011 Flite 747

$1649

Chromoly frame.

Shimano 105 10-Speed Shifters and Derailleurs, 200mm cranks and 46cm handlebars.

7cf018fb81c89746390c828508a2da7e.jpg

Last edited:

I am 6'1 but my legs are longer than my torso. 3 years ago when I lived in San Francisco I witnessed a friend get hit by a car as he powered thru a red light smh. Life changing experience. I can't speak for my friend because I've been out of touch but I still ride. Keep riding and stay safe.

Does anyone have any suggestions for saddles? Will all saddles hurt my taint, because I'm in pain after a day's ride. Suggestions would be helpful. I heard Brooks are good, but they take a while to break in.

Those of you riding in urban conditions, what tires are you using?

I've currently got Continental gatorskins on my bike but I've been getting a fair amount of blowouts. Just looking for suggestions.

Those of you riding in urban conditions, what tires are you using?

I've currently got Continental gatorskins on my bike but I've been getting a fair amount of blowouts. Just looking for suggestions.
Ahh dang...I was thinking of getting some of these. Are they not that good?

Back
Top Bottom