The Bicycle Thread

Opinions on the fork? And it's a fiju fixe

So what you guys think

I've got full Ultegra 6700 groupo. SL-K cranks, Ksyrium Equipe Wheelset, Fizike Arione, SL-K stem, Zipp VukaSprint bars.

I regret getting deep dish rims :frown:

60mm tubes costing like $10+ :x

Though I can just get the 48mm but I need dat presta adapter . .

random pic from my old iPhone

9863548096_ba8fb9ef7e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Need opinions. I don't know much about bikes but I'm very interested. I googled specialized elite and it seems like a decent bike I'm just not sure how to tell the year etc... I just traded a dude a jacket for this model ... Opinions

Oh crap, forgot I might need new front tube. You right about that $10, hopefully my friend at the shop can hook me up :x

Dude, what kinda jacket did you trade for that Allez? lol That's a nice pick up. I think that's the last gen model too? Was there anything wrong with it? I wish I could trade a jacket for a road bike lol

Traded a Columbia jacket that I never wore. Dude told me he doesn't need it anymore and he said if I have any other clothes he'll trade me for a giant bike.

And yea there's one issue w the bike it doesn't down shift. Not sure how much that will cost to fix but it made for a ****** ride home

I expect guidance nt ! Inform me about these bikes

Last edited:
I need a new bike. Less and $250 would be ideal. I am looking at hybrid and commuter bikes. I am 6'2

I ride ~ 5 miles a day
Any suggestions?

I need a new bike. Less and $250 would be ideal. I am looking at hybrid and commuter bikes. I am 6'2

I ride ~ 5 miles a day
Any suggestions?

craigslist my dude, it may take you a minute to find something amenable to that price though but might be easier to build from parts...

i got this old cannondale road bike frame for $85, bought the bars for $15, both from scouring craigslist , then a spraycan of aircraft paint stripper for $10, a seat for $20, & a half link chain to convert to single speed...it can be done:

Last edited:
so my motobecane fixie cafe should be arriving this friday. Will post pics when it comes.

edit it is here

went for a 7 mile ride on fixie and it is different. i think im gonna stick to free wheel.
dont like how every little bump is felt

Last edited:
so my motobecane fixie cafe should be arriving this friday. Will post pics when it comes.

edit it is here

went for a 7 mile ride on fixie and it is different. i think im gonna stick to free wheel.

not sure it being freewheel vs. fix is going to change that? could be the frame is stiffer than you are used to?

not sure it being freewheel vs. fix is going to change that? could be the frame is stiffer than you are used to?

i know the flippiing the hub wont change anything, but this was my first time on a fixie I switched it to single speed . I love coasting and always been a mountain bike guy.. as for the bumpy ride i knew it was coming from the tires. But even the slighlest thing like the inch gap from the side walk to street feels like my rims are gonna dent. i guess i just gotta get used to it

i know the flippiing the hub wont change anything, but this was my first time on a fixie I switched it to single speed . I love coasting and always been a mountain bike guy.. as for the bumpy ride i knew it was coming from the tires. But even the slighlest thing like the inch gap from the side walk to street feels like my rims are gonna dent. i guess i just gotta get used to it

my fault, i misunderstood...yea, that's probably inherent to the platform though maybe some walled or deep v type rims might hold up against denting better but that probably would result in an even bumpier/ harsher ride

edit it is here

Man u got to do fixed.
Its like the bike is an extension of your body lol.
And u cant do track stands on a freewheel.
And its much better for your legs.
And thieves hate fixie

Back
Top Bottom